Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:46 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
Beats me, Cap'n. I don't know my civil aircraft too well.

I don't know too much about the history of Kodak, now what exactly led to their downfall, but I haven't been to thrilled with a lot of the things they've done in recent years. They came up with some really stupid and/or carpy products, and I think they bailed too soon on film cameras. I liked the film a lot for times when I wanted a warm boost to the pictures, and the slide films were great.

I went digital when I was given a nice camera for Christmas, and when my favorite lab ditched the silver halide paper and started using this instant carp. Ugh!
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:04 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
JC, I know.

What I need is something to plug the battery into that mates up with the charger, and the optimum voltage. It ain't 1.5v like is printed on the cell, I know that much.

<rant not directed at anyone specific >These are just the stupid little AAs you buy at every shack on the corner that go into my digital camera. A handheld, portable photograph creation and storage device. They don't have JR plugs on them, or EC3, or Deans-- nada. There is no way for me to connect them to the charger that must go in the truck to use anyways. Unless anyone wants to donate a wall-pluggable RC charger or an upgrade for this one, I am keeping my 8-hour cycle wall wart. It's been servicing my camera batteries well for years, and now that the Spektrum Tx is down and out, I have four more Eneloops for the camera. I can't even get a target top voltage for them, I don't know how full they should be, and I don't have the money for a fancy charger for non-essential, non RC related camera batteries. There IS one RC battery pack I was havin problems with, and it was replaced with a matching replacement, but with better quality and capacity. Done. </rant >
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:43 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
Here is a simple video made up of a couple of my less-than-perfect out landings. What happens on the second (crash) landing was totally not deliberate. Honest! My LPA went off, apparently when I went behind the levee. The funny part is what sound I chose as the alarm.

As I always say when my hands are on the Tx: Grab a Dramamine and enjoy!

Gentle Lady outlandings at the 2012 CVRC Fall Soaring Festival (9 min 9 sec)

Lookit the parking lot! It bigger than the landing field. I was having depth perception problems out there with no trees or buildings for reference, and landed out more times than I landed in. Yesterday I didn't get a single one on the field, and got to be real friends with the 4-wheeler driver.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:47 AM
Be the duck. Whaaaa?
United States, CA, Guerneville
Joined Mar 2012
312 Posts
Nice! The alarm sound cracks me up. I have watched that part 5 times and it gets funnier each time.
UberZogster is offline Find More Posts by UberZogster
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:26 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
JC, I know.

What I need is something to plug the battery into that mates up with the charger, and the optimum voltage. It ain't 1.5v like is printed on the cell, I know that much.

<rant not directed at anyone specific >These are just the stupid little AAs you buy at every shack on the corner that go into my digital camera. A handheld, portable photograph creation and storage device. They don't have JR plugs on them, or EC3, or Deans-- nada. There is no way for me to connect them to the charger that must go in the truck to use anyways. Unless anyone wants to donate a wall-pluggable RC charger or an upgrade for this one, I am keeping my 8-hour cycle wall wart. It's been servicing my camera batteries well for years, and now that the Spektrum Tx is down and out, I have four more Eneloops for the camera. I can't even get a target top voltage for them, I don't know how full they should be, and I don't have the money for a fancy charger for non-essential, non RC related camera batteries. There IS one RC battery pack I was havin problems with, and it was replaced with a matching replacement, but with better quality and capacity. Done. </rant >

Katie, I'm reading on the fly so I'm probably missing something. How are your batteries assembled? Are they in a battery holder and you snap them in? i.e. are you doing that so the batteries can serve a dual purpose?

I wasn't trying to be snotty when I said do away with the Wall Wart. It was no reflection on you. It's just been my experience that the kinds of batteries we are talking about tend to never get a full charge on them (from what I've seen) and all of these batts need to be pushed harder on occasion for them to realize full capacity and get the maximum out of them. I've got digital cameras and such too and have the wall charger thing for them. I do, however form them on the RC charger before I use them. I even tried going that with with the TV remotes but the wife noticed they got hot when she's hopping around constantly between her shows.

Tell you what, shoot me your mailing address by PM and I'll fix you up.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Last edited by seanpcola; Oct 08, 2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:48 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
LOL! I think there's a confusion, but I'm not sure where.

Which batteries are you asking about? The AAs are in no kind of holder or pack. Hey just slide right into the camera. The Airtronics Tx battery pack is a six-cell 123 pack, all shrink wrapped together with a JR plug sticking out of it.

BTW: I figured out what's keeping me from using the new AAs. The new ones have a shorter boss on the + end. They're not making a good contact. All I need to do is solder a little extra blip on the end. For now, I'll use them somewhere else, and keep the four eneloops that came out if the Spektrum (which also didn't use a holder- the AAs just pop right in).
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:50 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,033 Posts
Katie,

Check your PMs.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:00 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
My New Granddaughter

Say hello to Gracie, my new grandbaby, 30 minutes old .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:09 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
Don, congratulations!

Sean, done and did. :blush:
Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; Oct 08, 2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Dumb thumbs
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:27 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Thanks, Katie! Can't wait to hold her!
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:27 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,785 Posts
Yes, congrats Don. Adorable and perfectly precious. Nicely secured within a wooden frame.

Jared
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:54 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcstalls View Post
Yes, congrats Don. Adorable and perfectly precious. Nicely secured within a wooden frame.

Jared
Thanks, Jared! Yup, she's good in the wood !
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:44 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,748 Posts
Nothing better than kids... except for grandkids...

Congrats Don!
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:51 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Thanks, Jack! Yes sir, no more poopy diapers for me. If the child stinks, I just yell for one of the wimenses .
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:04 PM
Central California
Joined Jan 2010
952 Posts
Congratulations DW,she's definitely a winner.

You better get a kit and start building it now.........................because by the time your done building it she'll be old enough to fly I couldn't resist it.

Eddie
hog2soar is offline Find More Posts by hog2soar