Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:14 AM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jun 2011
267 Posts
Ray Hayes' Cross Over

Anyone on Ray's email list hear anything yet about the "Cross Over"model he mentioned might come out this summer?
NZ7C is offline Find More Posts by NZ7C
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:48 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,309 Posts
Sean, if I were to live in FL, what would it mean if I hang that block?

And yet still, whyyyyyyy? Don't those suckers fall out of the trees sometimes? Especially if the yokel tied it up with rope. I can see them singing through the air like missiles in a hurricane.
:headwall:

Nah, if I had spare engine blocks laying around, I'd use them as, well, blocks, and sit stuff on them.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:55 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
NZ7C, haven't heard anything yet.

Katie, you always hang those blocks with cotton rope, NEVER use chain. When it eventually breaks you just pray the Heeler ain't asleep under it.

Another highly prized lawn ornament around here is plastic pink Flamingos. I was with my dad one morning in Home Depot and they had just gotten a shipment of them in. I tried to get him to buy me a couple of cases of them for my birthday. My plan was to display them as below with a sign captioned:

WARNING: QUARANTINE AREA / BIRD FLU OUTBREAK.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:22 PM
AMA 5285 LSF 8104
United States, OR, Hood River
Joined Aug 2008
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Another highly prized lawn ornament around here is plastic pink Flamingos. I was with my dad one morning in Home Depot and they had just gotten a shipment of them in. I tried to get him to buy me a couple of cases of them for my birthday. My plan was to display them as below with a sign captioned:

That's sick and twisted.... you are my kind of people! LOL

Scott
Aquila Guy is offline Find More Posts by Aquila Guy
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:39 PM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:27 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,309 Posts
Heh heh heh! That sounds a lot like the humor around our house.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:28 PM
Jeff
USA, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Aug 2003
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
!

Gee... Thanks... now I'm wiping coffee off the keyboard.

Can't figure out why the wife would not get a chuckle, mine sure did!
gdjsky01 is offline Find More Posts by gdjsky01
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:31 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Sean... You have a sick and twisted sense of humor. No wonder you were one of the first members of the Balsa Brewers. That Katie likes it shows just why she was admitted into the fold. (See guys... The Brewers are NOT just about building planes! We have a very twisted side to us as well. )
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:40 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
My wife has a great sense of humor unless it's morbid humor involving animals. ANY animals. She is no fun sometimes.

A couple of years ago my daughter and I made the old fake hatchett buried in the head prop for my Schnauzer. We got him to wear it by giving him treats if he had it on. He loved it at Halloween. Kids would come up the driveway and give him candy. You couldn't get it off him. Wife came home and saw him running around the yard with it. She knew it was fake immediately and knew exactly where it came from. Not amused.

Next project: Zombie yard gnomes.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:30 PM
United States, OH, Bradford
Joined Jun 2005
4,050 Posts
At least you'll be using your brains.
Don Stackhouse is offline Find More Posts by Don Stackhouse
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:18 PM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
Brains!!!! Nom, nom, nom...
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:02 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
:d:d:d
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:58 PM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,481 Posts
Sean,

Flamingo flu epidemics, cat brain eating babies, what is going on down there in Florida?

No zombies up here in Minnesota. You ever notice that zombie movies are always located some place warm? Old man winter saves the day.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:30 PM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
Hahaha, always get a kick from this thread! Loving the redneck/bogan/birdflu/zombie vibe thats happening

As for kits, I'm starting on my DJAeroTech Chrysalis HLG and was wondering on electronic recommendations - this is what I'm thinking so far:

HK15168 (9g) servos (or 5g Turnigy 1440A) on pull-pull
300mAh lipo single-cell with 5v regulator (10g)
4ch DSM2 rx from HKing (2.5g)

Does that sound good at all? I know the kit was built with both standard and micro gear in mind but I was wondering exactly how light I could go before it becomes hard to balance. I suppose, worst coming to worst, I could always use a larger lipoly cell up front for balance if need be. I've got a few single cells and spare packs hanging around in the 180 to 1000mAh range.

Any opinions would be great, haven't built a glider kit before and was just wondering what the best way about it would be. Basically I'm after lightness, efficiency and usability.

Cheers - boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:36 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windependence View Post
Sean,

Flamingo flu epidemics, cat brain eating babies, what is going on down there in Florida?

No zombies up here in Minnesota. You ever notice that zombie movies are always located some place warm? Old man winter saves the day.

Wayne
Wayne,

You have a valid point. Zombies, sick Flamingos, gators, snakes, bugs and the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Never a dull moment here on the redneck Riviera. Even my lovely wife almost got her hand removed by a POed momma dolphin late one night.

We were out in the boat .................uhhhhh..........gazing at the stars when I decided to bang on the side of the hull to attract a few of our gray buddies for her entertainment. A pair showed up promptly and and circled. Wife was fascinated. At one point Junior arrived and stuck his head out of the water. Wife had "Flipper" flashbacks, deciding that a little pat on the head was just what a baby needed. I saw her reach her hand down and pat his cute little head. Luckily I was sober enough to grab a handful of long blonde hair and snatch her back just as momma recreated a scene from Jaws. She missed my wife's arm by maybe a foot. Of course J sat there on the deck stunned. I had to relate the problem by asking her what she would think if a huge bear decided to play patti cake with one of her kids when they were 5 YO. She finally got the picture.

Some night I'll tell the story of my wife and the huge, HUGE flock of seagulls that used her for target practice. I didn't even recognize her when she returned from the dock. That little episode took 3 rechargings of my 60 gallon water heater (about an hour and a half in my shower) and two runs through the washing machine and dryer to erase. That taught that Oklahoma cowgirl that an extra large bag of popcorn and waterfowl don't mix.