Old May 01, 2012, 10:04 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHVentus View Post
Hey, wow, I won, I won.

I hear I get 10 woody Kits of my choosing from Ray at Skybench - for free! All right. Woot, woot, woot. Thanks Ray!
Now now, let's not put it all off on Ray. I find it better to share the load by putting Darth Womack on the spot.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 10:12 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,113 Posts
Oh, is Jack the benefactor, the financi-air? Well then thank you both Ray & Jack!
SHVentus is offline Find More Posts by SHVentus
Old May 02, 2012, 01:03 AM
Joined Dec 2007
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
Don's daughter can't be living at home then.

Cheers mates, I aim to take a holiday in your parts at the very least, but Aus is my home.

Wylie, good philosophy that one, I like it. goes along with the other one; if it's bigger than you get out of its way..
So I can see.
RC glider folks are over the world Bike-freaks.

In the near of Bastogne in Belgium.
aurectar is offline Find More Posts by aurectar
Old May 02, 2012, 05:31 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
I had my money on Jeff nabbing 10,000. Well done SV!

Spent the afternoon reading a book and gazing at different bird migrations here, a number of species on the move. had a lot of cormorants thermalling into the west too. They and the kites and eagles made a good study.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old May 03, 2012, 01:13 PM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,500 Posts
Speaking of eagles, I just checked on the Decorah, Iowa eagles. It looks like they're getting their flight feathers now. They've grown a LOT in the last few weeks.
Lacquerhead is offline Find More Posts by Lacquerhead
Old May 03, 2012, 01:44 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,919 Posts
It sure looks like they are getting along great with each other too, no pecking on the small one so far and thats really neat!!

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old May 03, 2012, 04:01 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Guys,
When I go to USTREAM, it says he camera is down? Is there more than one camera? Are you guys seeing last years birds?
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old May 03, 2012, 05:14 PM
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,919 Posts
Hi Don

I'am looking at the same link you posted last year, it has a bunny,s nose in the avatar next to the live shot of the Eagles so i'am not sure what year it is.

If you go to the Eagles facebook page it looks like it is running just fine, do not know how you would tell ?

G Don
Old May 05, 2012, 02:22 PM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,500 Posts
I believe it's the same URL but this is what I'm using :

http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

They're starting to exercise their flight muscles now. This is going to be fun to watch (again).
Lacquerhead is offline Find More Posts by Lacquerhead
Old May 05, 2012, 04:31 PM
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,919 Posts
Hi Lac

Just looking at the big little guy walking like Charlie Chaplin, but he was doing little wheel stands with his feet getting about 3" in the air with each wing flap.

Just amazing how much they have grown in the last week, and getting their new dark feathers too.

G Don
Old May 06, 2012, 08:20 AM
Full Scale Piper Cub Driver
Hinckley, Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
2,405 Posts
Guys - check out the Blue Herron nest...http://news.discovery.com/animals/gr...mkcpgn=rssnws1
Piper J3 is online now Find More Posts by Piper J3
Old May 06, 2012, 06:29 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,559 Posts
First time with Ultra Cote

Hi gang! I need some input as to Ultra Cote:
I see on one color, that the data seemed to have a date of manufacture stamp, and another had oracote light as the product- the T violet seemed a bit thicker than T Yellow and Red. Is this normal? I do love the way it behaves! updates @ Crimson
Johnny
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
Old May 06, 2012, 06:38 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,040 Posts
Captain C: The trans violet might be a minutely amount thicker but I'm pretty sure it's all lighter than say Monocote. OraCote is the Euro name for Ultra-Cote. I've never used the T red. Pretty much white, red, T-blue, violet and yellow. We have a T-red Ultracote covered Carl Goldberg Zipper sitting around and it's light as a feather so doubt there is any appreciable difference.

It is wonderful to work with. A little more stretchy than Monocote but a whole lot easier to apply. Real (read 20 years ago) Monocote probably added more structural strength but since all you bozos are slamming carbon fiber on everything anyway it's a trade off...................

Edit: Ultracote works really well on solid sheeted surfaces too. Doesn't develop and trap gas under it on balsa, obeechi and such like MC does.

Which reminds me, apology to GDon is in order. Your stuff is in the front seat of my truck and will go out USPS Priority tomorrow. Sorry Don, long hard, rough last two weeks and I didn't have time to travel to civilization due to work. You'll see it this week.
Old May 06, 2012, 06:43 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,559 Posts
Thanks Sean! I do concurr on all of the above!
Captain Canardly is online now Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
Old May 06, 2012, 06:51 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper J3 View Post
Guys - check out the Blue Herron nest...http://news.discovery.com/animals/gr...mkcpgn=rssnws1
Way cool PJ3! We have a lot of them around here. When I lived on the water I had a couple of them named and they hung around for a few years. One was Jerry Lee and the other was Elvis. When you walked out on the dock they would come flying in and land next to you and patiently (often impatiently) wait to get fed. Wife and would throw some lines out and catch Croakers and other stuff and feed JL and E for hours. They'd get their wing loading up so high that when they took off skimming the waves for a few hundred feet was all they could do. One time my Mother in law was here and I'd catch a fish, hand it to her and she would in turn feed the guys. I caught a little Croaker, wasn't more than 4" long and handed it to her. She looked at it and threw it back in the water saying that it was to small to feed the guys. Both Herons started screeching their heads off..............literally cussing her out in bird talk. I told her "bad move lady!". After that they wouldn't go near her. Moral of the story: Heron's scrutinize character very closely...............and my MIL was found lacking.

Reminds me of the Great Seagull Riot of 2001. I'll tell it later.