SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Please help name this glider
Hellferstout 5 26.32%
Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:46 AM
Registered User
Don Stackhouse's Avatar
United States, OH, Bradford
Joined Jun 2005
4,150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Juliet View Post
... (I ain't too smart when it comes to electrics - I didn't know until a few months ago that you could time an electric motor!)
Not difficult - just find a stopwatch, push the button on top when you turn the motor on, then push it again when you turn the motor off.
Don Stackhouse is offline Find More Posts by Don Stackhouse
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:01 PM
On Hiatus.
Tango Juliet's Avatar
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
Thanks Don. I feel smarter now .
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:25 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
seanpcola's Avatar
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,093 Posts
Guess I got freaked out when a local guy burned his car up while charging a lipo. I think it even made one of the model magazines.

Some of the guys around here use an old pressure cooker pot with the weight thing removed to put the leads through. I did that..................once. (See story above about wife's consternation over mixing cooking utensils and RC),
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:27 PM
I need some building time in t
scaflock's Avatar
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
You seem to take a great deal of enjoyment out of abusing the cooking stuff for your models Sean. AT least you didn't cut a hole in the side of the pressure cooker to run the lead s into it! That would have really gotten ya in trouble with J.

I'm heading out to Asheville tomorrow morning and I'm not sure how much access to the web I'm going to have yet. Trailer is packed up already and the truck just needs a couple of last minute items (coffee pot etc) put into it before we hit the road. This trip I'll be doing all of the remodeling and construction work and since I'm a one man show on this it may take me awhile to get it all done. Then it's back down to the house here in Georgia and pack up the U-Haul with the furniture. I'd sure like to get this all done before the flying season is all over! Any volunteers to come help a brudda out? (NOT that way Sean... I know which way I came in! )
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:44 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
seanpcola's Avatar
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
You seem to take a great deal of enjoyment out of abusing the cooking stuff for your models Sean. AT least you didn't cut a hole in the side of the pressure cooker to run the lead s into it! That would have really gotten ya in trouble with J.

I'm heading out to Asheville tomorrow morning and I'm not sure how much access to the web I'm going to have yet. Trailer is packed up already and the truck just needs a couple of last minute items (coffee pot etc) put into it before we hit the road. This trip I'll be doing all of the remodeling and construction work and since I'm a one man show on this it may take me awhile to get it all done. Then it's back down to the house here in Georgia and pack up the U-Haul with the furniture. I'd sure like to get this all done before the flying season is all over! Any volunteers to come help a brudda out? (NOT that way Sean... I know which way I came in! )
You think raiding the cooking stuff is bad, you should see the reaction to absconding with toiletries. Did you know those makeup swab thingies are just the ticket for applying wood glue to hard-to-reach joints?
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 04:06 PM
Registered User
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,117 Posts
Actually sean,

I've found that the best for reaching hard to reach joints, and deposting the right amount of WG there, are syringes & needles.
SHVentus is offline Find More Posts by SHVentus
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 04:27 PM
I need some building time in t
scaflock's Avatar
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Oh yeah! But to keep myself out of trouble I learned a looong time ago that it's easier to pick up some cheap craft brushes and use them instead. When you can get a dozen brushes for a couple of bucks, it's worth it to lay out the cashish instead of dealing with the wrath. One brush will usually get me through a couple of builds so the increase in building costs is next to nothing.

Hey!!! Why don't ya tell Tony that your brudda in Asheville is sick ( sick of having to do all this stuff on my own) and needs some help? I've seen your construction skills and know you'd be a big help. Of course the walls will get straighter as we consume more brewskis...
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:14 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
granada don's Avatar
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,040 Posts
Hellow Glider Guiders

Have 3 question's today, seemed to remember that Ray from Skybench was taking some time off just wondering when he will be shipping kits again as my buddy needs a Paragon.

Looks like my old glider club is just about ka-put, we had 120 guys in the 80's so Jeff went to the flying field sunday and just 2 guys and it is kinda sad so i'am thinking he could use one of those PC flight simulator's. I think the Tower one has that sells for about 200 bucks unless there is another brand to buy.

Back in the day there were a lot of hobby shops that had open rolls of Monokote, so you could buy a foot or how much you needed. I'am looking for a shop where i can buy a foot of transparent orange monokote to see if that color will work on my new plane. I hate to send 20 bucks for a roll and not like the color, my LHS does sell by the foot now roll's only boy things sure have changed.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:31 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
seanpcola's Avatar
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHVentus View Post
Actually sean,

I've found that the best for reaching hard to reach joints, and deposting the right amount of WG there, are syringes & needles.
Yep, got plenty of them too for CA and thinned WG. There's just something satisfying about stealing stuff from your spouse for your hobby.

(Just kidding hun.................maybe)

Jeff, if I could get away I would. I love Ashville, NC! Doing the remodeling thing here at Casa Seanpcola too. Came in tonight after work and sanded sheetrock mud till I'm blue in the face. Just found out that my bar room/party palace/inside man-cave has to be done NLT May 19th for my wife's ABG party. I tried to tell her that a project that will result in a truly unique and fine area of repost (read somewhere I can drink beer and get away from "Dancing with the Stars") takes time like a good wine.

Oh, and here's a little secret between you and me: The walls only look straight when you're drinking beer.

GDon, I'll go look in the shop and see if I have some trans orange Monocote. I know I have it in Ultracote.

Update: Gdon, check your PMs.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Last edited by seanpcola; Apr 24, 2012 at 10:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:52 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
seanpcola's Avatar
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,093 Posts
BTW, Where's Steve and DonW? Guess Steve's off chasing fair lasses. I was thinking about him yesterday while having lunch with one of his fellow Aussies. A really neat gentleman from Brisbane. During lunch, discussing flying of all sorts he told me a cute story and I wanted to pass it on for the comedic value. You would have had to be there to hear it in the proper accent to get the full effect but:

He was at his local airport where he runs a lucrative air cargo company. The facility next to his hosts a crop dusting company........or for those that prefer the sophisticated approach "Arial Application".

On this particular day, one of the ag pilots returned from a mission with the left wing leading edge mangled over about a 3' area. He asked the pilot what had happened. Pilot responded "Bird strike". Upon closer examination my dinner guest said he noticed a tree branch embedded in the wing leading edge and asked how that go there.

Pilot responded "ing bird was sitting in a tree.................".

seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:20 AM
≡LSF8067≡
dwells's Avatar
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Hi Sean-

Alive and well here, just wrapped up with stuff. Spent the last 5 days in San Marcos, New Braunfels and San Antonio enjoying the weather during Fiesta Fest. Had some of the best schnitzel I ever had at the Friesenhaus restaurant in New Braunfels. From German to Mexican delights in San Antonio. Damn, I'm partied out....I think I need an enema .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:47 AM
On Hiatus.
Tango Juliet's Avatar
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
We've got a Kiwi Pilot here so I've got the accent down pretty good. That's a great story. Those 'Aerial Application' guys are a different bread of Pilots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
BTW, Where's Steve and DonW? Guess Steve's off chasing fair lasses. I was thinking about him yesterday while having lunch with one of his fellow Aussies. A really neat gentleman from Brisbane. During lunch, discussing flying of all sorts he told me a cute story and I wanted to pass it on for the comedic value. You would have had to be there to hear it in the proper accent to get the full effect but:

He was at his local airport where he runs a lucrative air cargo company. The facility next to his hosts a crop dusting company........or for those that prefer the sophisticated approach "Arial Application".

On this particular day, one of the ag pilots returned from a mission with the left wing leading edge mangled over about a 3' area. He asked the pilot what had happened. Pilot responded "Bird strike". Upon closer examination my dinner guest said he noticed a tree branch embedded in the wing leading edge and asked how that go there.

Pilot responded "ing bird was sitting in a tree.................".

Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:38 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
granada don's Avatar
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,040 Posts
I was in San Antonio for 5 wks once at Lackland A.F.B.with some guy in green yelling at me 24-7 and wearing out my heels on the freakin hot drill pad every day.

We got to see the Alamo on a Sat. afternoon but other than that, that town was not too much fun for me in 63'

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:55 AM
≡LSF8067≡
dwells's Avatar
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Yeah G Don, saw lots of enlisted fellas there, they didn't look as happy as I was...or felt . Tried a new local beer there from The Alamo Beer Company. A golden ale that was out of this world. I'm trying to get my local package store to get hold Ben E. Keith distributors and get some in DFW.
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:19 PM
On Hiatus.
Tango Juliet's Avatar
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
I spent six weeks at Lackland in the summer of '89, I found out now they do 8 weeks. A wrinkled shirt kept me from getting liberty to go downtown. I ended up back there 5 years later when my wife (now ex) had surgery at Wilford Hall. The River Walk was beautiful and I enjoyed it, but see no reason to ever go back. I'll have to look into that Golden Ale though, I'm always willing to try a new beer.
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP ME!!!< I think I'm getting addicted to cutting foam!!! slowflyer Foamies (Kits) 7 Feb 21, 2011 01:58 PM
I'm Getting my FiXX Craig558 Foamies (Kits) 6 Mar 18, 2002 11:40 PM
looks like i'm getting a piccolo, any advice? cheapflyr Electric Heli Talk 13 May 10, 2001 09:34 AM
I'm getting worried SchiessCo Electric Plane Talk 1 Apr 21, 2001 09:11 AM