Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:04 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,919 Posts
Hi DW

I guess i have a bit of brain fade today, as i don't get it either.

Maybe it is a married guy code of some sort?

G Don

P.S.

Since is has snowed on the nest the Eagles are in the Motel room keeping warm till it melts.
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:13 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,772 Posts
I'll never do it again... but after 39 years with the same lucky... er... lovely girl... I won't need to...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:21 PM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Since I have a feeling that what those initials stand for is not forum friendly, you wanna PM me and fill me in, Don????
Yeah, I don't get it either.
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:31 PM
Duane
No. VA
Joined Nov 2004
1,396 Posts
**** or get off the pot.
Wazmo is offline Find More Posts by Wazmo
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:47 PM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
Yeah thats it... 'Shut up Or Get Off The Pot'. Basically... 'Stop Talking Sh17'

Oh yeah, anyone see the plans for the Mini Tyro in latest edition of RCM&E? Looks like I've found my next build!

- boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:00 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,919 Posts
You going to enlarge the Tyro as it looks pretty small ?

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:18 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,161 Posts
Gents, I was married for 28 years. Been divorced for somewhere over 5 now. I met up with a nice lady for lunch, this afternoon. I could see me gettin' married again and having a little less time for building...

TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:33 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,036 Posts
We all make jokes about it but if the right soulmate comes along marriage is the way to go. I do have an awesome lady now, actually I married way above my class. Don't know how that happened, maybe I'm just an excellent BSer. In fact, I know I am. We men need the stability of a woman in our lives. Otherwise our life expectancy would be maybe 25 years old.

Husband: "Hey honey, I'm gonna tie a bungie to my waste and jump off a bridge"
Wife: (sigh) "Noooooo"
Husband: "Ahhhh, OK, wanna go to Walmart?"
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:25 AM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
Quote:
We men need the stability of a woman in our lives. Otherwise our life expectancy would be maybe 25 years old.
Not necessarily. In fact, in my case, the opposite would have been true. I found myself at the end of a rope, literally. I've been much happier as a single man.
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:32 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Juliet View Post
Not necessarily. In fact, in my case, the opposite would have been true. I found myself at the end of a rope, literally. I've been much happier as a single man.
I wasn't referring to happiness TJ. I was referring to the fact that a lot of us guys don't make good decisions in regards to health and doing stupid, dangerous things.

I know where you're coming from. I had to flee from my second wife. Crazy psycho would go nuts. I knew she'd either kill me or I'd have to do something in self defense that would get ME arrested. As it turns out it happened to her next husband. Poor guy.

Edit: The guy above (her next victim) was arrested for domestic violence, NOT that he was killed by her. My understanding is that he is NOT the type of guy to do that stuff. I suspect he was trying to defend himself.

Just putting this out here as a warning to others: Be careful out there.
Last edited by seanpcola; Jan 18, 2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:46 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
Sweet demon Jesus... sounds horrible seanpcola. My parents split when I was a kid - Dad uttered a brilliant long-play line to me at the time: " You'll understand when you're older. "

Boy did I ever... Mum is hard to live with. Amazing woman, but really hard to live with. Get along with my Dad very well despite not having him around for much of my childhood, we catch up as often as we can.

On women.. I've had probably more than my share. University for me was a pretty fertile hunting ground - the humanities campus (teaching, nursing, psychology etc) had a girl/guy ratio of around 7 to 1! Afterwards I've gradually settled down and have recently met a girl I really get along well with. Shes 3 years older than me but I couldn't care less, shes probably the best chick I've ever met. Marriage material? We'll see. Girlfriend material? Definitely.

G Don - I might stick to original span (32") as I currently have a few 60" planes in various stages of completion and wouldn't mind a few smaller ones. The current regular flyer is my VQ Models Stick 1500, which after sorting the gear on (reinforce with balsa strip and lots of epoxy!) is very nice to fly. Others include the flying wing glider I'm making (~60") and the Viking old timer I'm covering. Tiddlers include a mini Stick, EP flying wing and modified Stevens Quickoats.

Cheers all - boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:09 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,036 Posts
Oh, on the woodie front. I just acquired a 2/3 framed up Smooth Genie Pro. I'll post pics in a few days. Gotta sort it out and figure out where to go from here.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:12 AM
Duane
No. VA
Joined Nov 2004
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Oh, on the woodie front. I just acquired a 2/3 framed up Smooth Genie Pro. I'll post pics in a few days. Gotta sort it out and figure out where to go from here.
See http://www.geniebuild.com/harleys_genie_line.html for plans and instructions. There's also a Yahoo group, but it's mostly inactive now.
Wazmo is offline Find More Posts by Wazmo
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:14 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,036 Posts
Thanks Wazmo. I just have to figure out what's left to do on the wings. I built two of the original design Genies back in 1993-94. In fact I have a flyable one now. I think this one, being a woodie should be interesting. I HOPE it's lighter.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:35 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Well Guys... I think it's time to get away from all this talk of getting hitched and get into talk about getting hitched in what I consider a much better way. To this end I present to you for your further ideas my latest project. My toy hauler trailer! I've had this basic trailer since I moved out to Georgia and it's been sitting pretty much ever since. Hence I decided that it's time for me to turn it into a toy hauler/ mobile hangar for the sailplanes.

The basic frame is from Harbor Freight (Gotta love them guys!) and can be seen here: http://www.harborfreight.com/1720-lb...res-94564.html It has plenty of capacity in a weight sense as well as a lot of room.

My mods to it will consist of an enclosed box built up on it that will stand 4 ft tall at the lowest point. A hipped roof covered in shake shingles will top it off so I've got a little head room as well as more storage space for lighter items. I'm including racks for wings and fuselages as well as a fold down bunk area so I can go cheap at events and not have to pay for a hotel/motel room. I'll also include storage for all the little stuff that you need to bring for repairs etc, a winch setup and maybe a small stove for doing some cooking on. Think of it as one of those old time "Teardrop" style camping trailers on steroids with wings. I will make the tailgate so the entire thing will drop down to make loading easier on me and the planes and will also include a small door on the side to get in and out of it when the tailgate is secured. Windows and a vent will top it off. The entire thing will be water tight and insulated of course. I might even include a small 12 volt TV and DVD player mounted above the bunk. Got to have something to play those soaring DVDs on.

Anyone got any more ideas on what to include in the construction? I'd like some ideas for the rack system

Jeff

PS.... It will be large enough to haul the wing sections for the ASP-XC when it's finished. Each section is 4 ft in length.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Last edited by scaflock; Jan 18, 2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: added the PS