Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 11, 2011, 06:25 AM
LSF - IV
United States, TX, Highland Village
Joined Jan 2003
3,096 Posts
But it's not too far for Tim

Sorry we'll miss you Don, let's find some time over the holiday to fly. New Years day we'll be out in force.
Hostage-46 is offline Find More Posts by Hostage-46
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2011, 06:38 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
You bet! I've got time off, finally, for the holidays and plan on nothin but sailplane stuff, flyin and buildin....oh yeah .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:02 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Ya know, everyone has things you try to get done during the week after work to make time on the weekend for fun stuff. OK, yard and pool stuff yesterday, only a smidge of laundry to do this evening when I got back from flying. What!...flying, what's that? Nooooo, instead, as I'm sticken Pokey in the car and readying things, wifey says "there ain't no hot water". Well, there is now, so long Sunday, it's been real . Guess I should be thankful I got a water heater to work on....
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:13 PM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Ya know, everyone has things you try to get done during the week after work to make time on the weekend for fun stuff. OK, yard and pool stuff yesterday, only a smidge of laundry to do this evening when I got back from flying. What!...flying, what's that? Nooooo, instead, as I'm sticken Pokey in the car and readying things, wifey says "there ain't no hot water". Well, there is now, so long Sunday, it's been real . Guess I should be thankful I got a water heater to work on....
darn it , I hate it, when life gets in the way of having funWe need to figure this whole deal out! LOL
alstrahm is online now Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:38 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,028 Posts
Same here DonW.

I was going to start a build today but wife reminds me that we are having a party next Saturday night and so the house decorating/rearranging/house work begins. Oh, and top of that she found a set of bar stools "to die for" but she didn't like the frame color. No biggie, I'll just sand them down and repaint them, I'm just that kinda awesome husband. Oh, she bought new upholstery material so I knocked that out instead of, say, eating lunch. "What? Those barstools were painted with some kind of cheesy base enamel and the Stuff I used reacted and wrinkled?". OK, I'll strip em. Only took a couple of hours. But, now I have to finish cleaning them up before the repaint. Ah well, got that moving so now I'll head to the shop and do some fun stuff. Get the plans laid out, dump the wood out get a good start on some test fitting...........and....."baby, there's water all over the floor in the laundry room". One look and I knew what happened. Round two of this particular journey:

See first post this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1528433

Did it AGAIN! Same damn piece of hardware, it wore through the patch that I made the first time.

So, same repair proceedure except this time the wife gets an ultimatum...........Either use an alternate method of washing her upper undergarments...........or go 60's hippy chick and dress liberated.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:59 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,869 Posts
Ya man burn those slingshots!!

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Dec 11, 2011, 04:14 PM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
Oh Sean. That's hilarious! I do my own laundry and very rarely leave anything in my pockets, but if I do, I've got no one to blame but myself. When I was married, and in the military, my wife had a bad habit of getting bleach on my uniforms! It wasn't long before I wouldn't let her do laundry.
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
Old Dec 11, 2011, 04:37 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
Ha ha ha ha ha! Won't happen here, I HATE underwires. They pinch.

For me, it's usually the car keys, some random part from work I was inspecting & forgot about in my pocket, or used curly rubber bands from a day flying.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Dec 11, 2011, 05:37 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
I'm going commando often enough, washing machines- no worries that way hehee.
Once I washed my ladies work suit with some of my work clobber, only I had left a bunch of tissues in my pants pockets, ooops. I thought my life was over... I almost freaked out with fright. As it turned out she was delighted, it mean't that she could call her tailor and have a new one made, shoulda known shouln't I.

Don W, you are one unlucky dude at times! - mate go out and buy a lottery ticket because life has a strange way of balancing things out.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:34 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
I am becoming very discouraged with this Sprit E I'm building. It's mostly assembled by some other bloke who gave it to the club trainer program, who gave it to me. The problem is, I can't figure out how to make the wings straight, without tearing the whole works apart, and re-building them. I SWEAR that the pegs on the wings that go into a slot in the fuse are crooked, making the whe works crooked. :rant: <--- I hope that one works.

Anyways, the upshot is that I GIVE UP!!!!! I don't give a rat's pituitary gland whether the wings are still slightly warped. There's not much more I can do. I will make it do the best it can, and fix any remaining problem with the radio. (bad, I know!) This will last me until I can scratch out another wing. Anyone have a scan of a sheet of SE ribs? I'll need that.

I finally came to my senses and got a plane stand. Some time this week I'll try to get the bolt holes drilled and tapped, so that I can build up the wing saddle, and get ready to cover it all. Cross your fingers!

The weather has been terrible the past week. We've been stuck under an inversion, andthe smog has been building up so thick I can't see for more than a couple miles. My poor lungs! I've been feeling like I had a cold all week. I've been pretending to threaten to break out the charcoal mask and seal the Spirit's wings anyways with dope, but that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the valley left to choke on the fumes. I opted not to do that. There is a light breeze now, and a threat of rain tomorrow. The inversion is breaking up, and my lungs and sinuses couldn't be more relieved. Yay!

Oh, and on topic: don't wash underwire-containing over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders in the washer! Der.... I wash my non-metallic upper undies in a special delicates bag, and my sister's metal-containing ones get hand washed.

Hey, Sean-- can you put a Z-bend in the wastewater line in front of the pump? Then the wires can't get sucked in at all. :lightbulb:
Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; Dec 11, 2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Stupid phone
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:55 PM
Joined Mar 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot View Post
Ha ha ha ha ha! Won't happen here, I HATE underwires. They pinch.
I got an underwire story for you.

In my previous house - a newer townhouse - the dryer was in the center of the floor plan with a duct that went to a vent on the outer wall of the place. The duct was pretty caked with lint but it was like 20 feet long so there wasn't much I could do about it.

One night, about 10, my wife comes upstairs to the bedroom (on the 3rd floor, laundry area was on 1st floor) and tells me she smells something funny. Suddenly the fire alarm goes off. I run downstairs and notice an ungodly amount of heat emanating from the dryer. It was *very* hot. I open it, expecting an inferno ... nothing. I look in the crack between two "body panels" and see a flame. I open the front and back door to vent some of the fumes and stink ... and a neighbor comes over with a fire extinguisher - and here I am walking around in nothing but underwear.

House didn't burn down. Fortunately.

Post-mortem the next day - one of the wife's underwires fell out of a bra and got wedged between the rotor and stationary body ... the rotor rubbed the wire for long enough to melt a few bits off of it, which then lit the lint (about 1.5" thick) on fire.

Needless to say we were *very* lucky the lint in the long duct didn't catch fire ... it could have been disastrous.
Cap_n_Dave is offline Find More Posts by Cap_n_Dave
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:12 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,285 Posts
See! Another reason why not to wear underwires!
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:58 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,218 Posts
Really? what has happened to this thread?
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Dec 11, 2011, 09:04 PM
Central California
Joined Jan 2010
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
DW and Sean, I think Santa's going to be good to you. DW,at least the Cowboy's are on TV

" I'VE GOT THE CA AND EPOXY BLUES"

I guess the fumes have finally gotten to me. Either that or the Smog that Stinker was talking about blew over the hill.

I've been finishing up the inner panels on my Oly III wings. Doing some epoxy and CA work. I try not to use CA unless I have to. I mostly use Titebond.And the epoxy is usually done outdoors in the garage. But it's been too cold outside so I've been doing it in by Man Cave(Wifey's office").

For the past three days I've felt like a sea sick sailor. And I've been blowing rocks out of my nose. I discoverd that you don't have to actually put the CA on the part to glue it. Just dry fit all the parts and then open a bottle of CA and set it next to the parts. The fumes will do the rest. I found that out by apparently glueing the inside of my nose!

I thought it was bad enough when you CA your fingers to your part. But when the CA glues your nostril hairs together. Something has to change.

OK,I'll quit whinning now. I'll go put my surgical mask on on go about gluing my plane together.

Eddie
hog2soar is offline Find More Posts by hog2soar
Old Dec 11, 2011, 09:48 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,028 Posts
Katie,

Can you post photos of the Spirit wing showing the problem? A solution may be doable.

Cap n Dave: I see the problem, you and I both need more open minded wimmin!

Eddie, Yep, CA is nasty stuff. I'm strictl an AR glue and epoxie guy nowadays.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola