Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:00 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Far out! Got our old thread name back! Thanks Stevers!
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:11 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,115 Posts
schrederman,

You got a pre-war D-28 or D-45 you'd like to donate for that Brazillion $$$ wood?
SHVentus is offline Find More Posts by SHVentus
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:20 PM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
That is a gorgeous looking glider Mark, how nice would that be running the ridge just over your head it'd make for champagne sloping. Yep exotic woods I'd love to see that.

Yes Don, and as it originally was and should be. Hopefully that earlier sillyness is well past us all. Do you have any further thoughts on doing the Merlyn, in terms of the kit and materials?

Woohoo I am only about 8 weeks away from being re-united with Patches!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:29 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHVentus View Post
schrederman,

You got a pre-war D-28 or D-45 you'd like to donate for that Brazillion $$$ wood?
I have a D-21... pretty rare... and I'd rather donate my left... arm...
schrederman is online now Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:30 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2009
1,115 Posts
Ahhh Jack, that's not very sporting.

I've got a fairly recent vintage D-28, but it only has Indian rosewood, not that elusive Brazillian.
SHVentus is offline Find More Posts by SHVentus
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:31 PM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,470 Posts
WHOOHOO! I have WOOD!My next project will be one of M&M Glidertechs, new Oculas! I ordered two fuses, so I got 6 & 7 out of the mold! One will be for an ALES plane Just waiting on some spars!

Al

and Steve, thanks for getting the old title thread back!
alstrahm is online now Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:38 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Hey Steve,
Really haven't done anything with the giant other than go over the plans and reading some build logs. I'm really thinking about putting a mustache on it for ease of launch but haven't decided yet. I got this Sopht Lady on the bench right now and it's not going fast...Pokey Jr. .

Good! Patches misses you and wants you home! What are you gonna bench when you settle in? I would really like to see your scratch design that you sketched come together. The proportions on the drawing look nice and bet it would be a helluva thermal beast with your enginuity .
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:50 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrahm View Post
WHOOHOO! I have WOOD!My next project will be one of M&M Glidertechs, new Oculas! I ordered two fuses, so I got 6 & 7 out of the mold! One will be for an ALES plane Just waiting on some spars!

Al

Sweet, Al! That's a good lookin kit and the finished plane has great lines...very high tech. Since this is our home base, please build it here on the woody thread. Hey! who's got two Buds and two packs of smokes going? You really shouldn't smoke and drink, it's not good for you...that's my job . Gotta watch your background in your pics you know . I thought I'd call you out first before Jeff and Sean jump ya .
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:03 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,087 Posts
Good eye Don! That's really funny. I've made a lot of build photos in my shop and right as I was about to post em I'd scan for evidence and have to redo the shot. I've been busted a few times over "evidence" in a photo. Can't repeat the stories here but one involved a beach shot with someone other than the girlfriend I had at the time the pic was taken.

Oh, and yeah glad to have the CORRECT thread title back up.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:08 PM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,470 Posts
Don, SHSSSSS, that is my home command center Wireless every thing, work, printer, TV Always a beer around! Pretty excited about the build, a lot of wood, using a lot of carbon fiber, sort, of the next generation of woodies! Beautiful lazer cut ribs! The fuses come with the push rod housings installed in the mold! I am doing the beta E fuse, working on it already! More details to follow!

Al
alstrahm is online now Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:25 AM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrahm View Post

Al

Can't wait to see it Al!

Hmm. Wood, CF, cool with that. Comcast remote, required. Beer flow, check. Two cell phones and a PAGER? Man, I haven't carried a pager for over a decade now. About the only folks I see carrying them these days usually have a M.D. suffix to their names.
Lacquerhead is offline Find More Posts by Lacquerhead
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:50 AM
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Hey Steve,
Really haven't done anything with the giant other than go over the plans and reading some build logs. I'm really thinking about putting a mustache on it for ease of launch but haven't decided yet.
Don't you dare do that, DON'T YOU DARE!.!.!.! - woodie guys and their powered airplanes.........
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:03 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
Don't you dare do that, DON'T YOU DARE!.!.!.! - woodie guys and their powered airplanes.........
I know, but it's a 10lb plane at 2100 inē, prolly a line breakin bitch . BTW, that would be a terrible thread name....
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:15 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,025 Posts
Hi DW

The Goose is 7 lbs and she wen't right on up with full petal and bit of a zoom at the end too, but the club was getting into that zoom stuff for the world champs as some club guys were trying out to make the US team.

I think they had some kind of kevlar line they were using but that was in 86' or so, must be a lot better line now days that can haul a lot more weight.

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:33 AM
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
just add wind

Don, my hi-start has coped with XC gliders of 4m and 9.2 pounds without to much drama, so should yours 'specially with the braid line, Your clubs winches are ok too?

If you go the propewller driven path please stick the details over in the e-sailplanes section, the natural sailplane sections are already overun by the propeller guys as it is!