Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 05, 2011, 11:13 PM
mods are *****
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
LMAO Sean!

H2S, that's a good looking fuse and tailfeathers in the making there just be sure your rudder surface area is no smaller than Rays original is all I can think to say.

Enjoyed those pics.

Ihava, what you got planned for the new Bird, your others have been pretty rad if I recall, the sloping OlyIII was a damn sexy looking thing if I recall.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2011, 11:18 PM
mods are *****
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHAVAWDY View Post
That's a photo of the existing O3 that I built a couple of season's ago, the new one is still stuck on the board and in my brain Don (sorry for the confusion)
Ooops, screwed up.

Watcha got planned for this one Ihava.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:29 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post

Watcha got planned for this one Ihava.
Some pics for the alzhiemers (oops, I mean old timers), in this crowd

Steve: the O3 that's on the board will be for light air thermal, still a full house ship w/ extended wings, narrow fuse, flying stab, bullet proof spars for the pedal to the metal winch launch, yet light as I'm able to build it. The sloper does thermal nicely, but this next ones gettin the special helium injected wing treatment...;

* steve do you guy's change the clocks for daylight savings? clockwise or counterclock...
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Last edited by IHAVAWDY; Nov 06, 2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 12:07 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,000 Posts
Hi Ihava

That trim job is outta sight, painted flames or cut vinal man that looks really nice.

Easy with the grey hair stuff as you too will be here, and you get here pretty quick too as that old clock just goes tic tic tic tic.

Thanks for the pics!!

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Nov 06, 2011, 12:11 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by granada don View Post
Hi Ihava

That trim job is outta sight, painted flames or cut vinal man that looks really nice.

Easy with the grey hair stuff as you too will be here, and you get here pretty quick too as that old clock just goes tic tic tic tic.

Thanks for the pics!!

G Don
Thanks G Don; I know, it's a sliiiiippppppeeerrry slope!
Old Nov 06, 2011, 12:51 PM
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,000 Posts
The part that is bad is the older you get the Down hill slide gets a lot quicker, yesterday i was just taking down my X-mas tree and now it's time to put it back up again.

What the hell happened to the year.

Looking forward to seeing your new bird as i like to see custom stuff, will the finish be tricker?

G Don
Old Nov 06, 2011, 01:06 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,265 Posts
That's why I just leave my tree fully decorated and on a rope under a trap door. push a garage door opener and "presstooo.... it's ready....

*haven't decided on colors as yet for the new bird
Old Nov 06, 2011, 04:20 PM
Speed cost money.
United States, FL, Marathon
Joined Dec 2002
3,045 Posts
Flames on a Oly? They don't fly that fast LOL !!
highflier is offline Find More Posts by highflier
Old Nov 06, 2011, 06:55 PM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,467 Posts
hey IHW, where did you get those flames? That is so kewl! Old School, hotrod stuff Us old guys want to know, that would be me and GDon! I am starting an Oculas build, and while not considered a woodie, it comes with a lot of wood Oh, and carbon fiber, oh ,and a glass fuse Well two fuses, cuz I am going to do an E-Oculas And those flames would really work well on it!

Al
alstrahm is offline Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Nov 06, 2011, 07:46 PM
mods are *****
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Quote:
* steve do you guy's change the clocks for daylight savings? clockwise or counterclock...
That's an innocent enough question Ihava, but the topic is a real tin of worms down here among the 6 States and 2 territories. Aus covers a fairly wide latitude, the northern and western states don't want it, but the south eastern states where all the population is do. Every year there is a bit of a political circus around it as some polies try and score points with the subject like a football. It's often a debarcle of state pride and rivalry.

Anyhow, my State, Qld in the north eastern side, refuses to obey it's rich southern overlordes (as usual) - Think of the deep south in the US, it's a bit conservative up here. Qld'ers argue that if God had intended for there to be daylight savings, the sun would automatically rise later in the day when summer arrives.

The clocks go forward one hour. ; http://australia.gov.au/about-austra...Daylightsaving
Old Nov 06, 2011, 10:20 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrahm View Post
hey IHW, where did you get those flames?

Al
just some scrap moneykote I had lying about, if you like; send me your wing size & address, I'll cut some up for you and you can just iron 'em on

Steve; copy that about messin w/ time, never liked it much... only Hawaii & Arizona don't switch here. the rest of the states (MOOOOoooooww) follow like cattle
Old Nov 06, 2011, 10:43 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,321 Posts
Quote:
just some scrap moneykote I had lying about, if you like; send me your wing size & address, I'll cut some up for you and you can just iron 'em on

Steve; copy that about messin w/ time, never liked it much... only Hawaii & Arizona don't switch here. the rest of the states (MOOOOoooooww) follow like cattle

Hey, erm... If you happen to have any scrap left over from Al's flames, would you have enough for a set to fit a 2 meter Spirit?
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Nov 07, 2011, 02:34 AM
Just call me crash for short
United States, OH, The Plains
Joined Jan 2011
1,693 Posts
Classic Wood....

Just finished up a 1945 era Thermic 72. Hope to get it out and maiden it in the next day or two. Need to get an FPW together and it will be up and away with it. Build thread in the Vintage & Old-Timer Designs forum here - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1535361

Mark
Quick61 is offline Find More Posts by Quick61
Old Nov 07, 2011, 05:59 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
When I become president of the world I will proclaim that the sun will not set before 10:00 PM every night.

Love the flames IHAVA!

The one problem I have with the holidays is decorating. All the daughters come over and with momma supervising Casa De Seanpcola gets the Deck the Halls treatment from top to bottom. Yep, them gals get with the program. A really enthusiastic group of worker bees. Of course, then along comes January 1, the packing boxes, ladders and tools come out and this place turns into a ghost town and your's truly gets the honor of putting it all away. I think, in retalliation I'm gonna decorate the whole house next May for Cinco De Mayo. Beer advertisements, party lights and pictures of scantily dressed smokin' hot senoritas plastered all over the house, empty Corona bottles on every horizontal surface. Then on May 6 and thereafter I'll be too busy to pack it all in. We'll see how long that lasts before all of the female units get it in gear.

Love the Thermic Mark!
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Nov 07, 2011, 10:42 AM
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,000 Posts
Hi Sean

That sounds like a good idea for May 5 but on the 6 or 7 you might be packing a suitcase too, sometimes these gals don't take our jokes too well!!

I like Mark's Thermic too, kinda has a BOT look to it.

G Don