Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:21 PM
Speed cost money.
United States, FL, Marathon
Joined Dec 2002
3,045 Posts
That is why the hybreds are so popular, I wonder why nobody has come out with a hybred that has a tiny motor like 15-20 HP that charges the batteries and have the drive system be primarily electric. It could even charge while you were in work if you select the Auto charge feature. That way you do not have to worry about the trip home, Bats will be full charge when your done working for the day.

The other thing is we like the idea of being green but still want some luxury. But that may be addressed now. I have the CT200 on my list of vehicles to check out.

Highflier
highflier is offline Find More Posts by highflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:02 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,038 Posts
Hi Flyer

Well that would be way too simple and they would have to lower the price, don't hold your breath waiting for that one to get built here.

Kia will build it and sell the hell out them for 15 grand.

G Don
granada don is offline Find More Posts by granada don
Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:47 PM
United States, OH, Bradford
Joined Jun 2005
4,138 Posts
Just find a job that's uphill from your home, then you can just "glide" back. (See, I even got the discussion back on topic!!)
Don Stackhouse is offline Find More Posts by Don Stackhouse
Last edited by Don Stackhouse; Sep 30, 2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 09:25 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highflier View Post
That is why the hybrids are so popular, I wonder why nobody has come out with a hybrid that has a tiny motor like 15-20 HP that charges the batteries and have the drive system be primarily electric. It could even charge while you were in work if you select the Auto charge feature. That way you do not have to worry about the trip home, Bats will be full charge when your done working for the day.

The other thing is we like the idea of being green but still want some luxury. But that may be addressed now. I have the CT200 on my list of vehicles to check out.

Highflier
Here's a Mini Cooper conversion from 2006. Four wheel drive with each wheel a 160 HP outrunner type motor - hybrid range of over 900 miles - 150 mph top speed.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/21/p...ic-horsepower/

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10607246...-electric-mini

http://www.pmlflightlink.com/
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:25 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Guess what, guess what, guess what?!?

I'm done fixing my GL. Want to know how much it weighs now?

I used to weigh 26 ounces. Now it's 24. Woot! Moving the servos really helped, a lot. Even after I put on the fiberglass.

This is cool!
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:30 PM
Lindenwold, NJ, USA
Joined Dec 2000
3,193 Posts
This may have been posted already, but for those thinking of building a BOT, read the article by the original designer, Dave Thornburg, about the Dynaflite kit.
John Gallagher is online now Find More Posts by John Gallagher
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:00 AM
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,038 Posts
Hi DT

That Mini must be a real gas to drive with kind of power, have you ever thought about putting that power system is a more streamlined car then come over here to the Bonneville salt flats and set some Electric car records.
That is some great design work you did congrats on a neat project.

G Don
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:38 AM
Service First
United States, CT, Torrington
Joined Feb 2006
187 Posts
Here we go, Marks Models BoT build.

So far I have found all the fuse pieces, compared the outlines to the plans.
Some are off a bit, but because I will be changing the angle of the sides, I'll fix the outlines as needed when setting the wing incidence. I laid out some center lines, and started to lay out the formers and bottom to make the thin fuse. The only reference is the lines shown on the plan for former 1 as "ideal width" so I just took that and adjusted it for the front bottom sheeting, nose block, formers 2 and 3 , and then blended the taper into the back bottom sheeting.

Over the weekend I hope to start cutting, glueing and taking some pictures.
johnfh is offline Find More Posts by johnfh
Old Oct 01, 2011, 10:53 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by granada don View Post
Hi DT

That Mini must be a real gas to drive with kind of power, have you ever thought about putting that power system is a more streamlined car then come over here to the Bonneville salt flats and set some Electric car records.
That is some great design work you did congrats on a neat project.

G Don
I wish I could claim that car as my own project. It was converted by Protean Electric.

http://www.pmlflightlink.com/

Their site in the past listed applications for motor homes and displacement type boats.
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old Oct 01, 2011, 12:50 PM
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,038 Posts
Hi Guys

I need to delete some of my messages and can not find out how to do that, i don't want to delete all 200 just some as i wan't to save some too.

Any idea's on how to do this would be a great help.

Thanks

G Don
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:13 PM
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,038 Posts
Hey Stinker

Have you heard about this teen lady in Gig Harbor Wa. that is looking to making the U.S. Soaring team for the World Champs, she is Alyssa Wulick and it looks like she has been flying for years getting her skills up to speed for that level of flying.

One of the neat things about the soaring stuff is you can fly at any level you wan't from sport to the Champs like Alyssa wan'ts to do, she gets my praise for giving it a shot and hope she does well trying to make the team.

G Don
Old Oct 01, 2011, 01:29 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Hey Don!

For your messages, there is a tiny little box next to each one in the list. Check the box for each message you want to delete. When you have them marked (one page at a time!), find the box at the bottom of the list that says delete.

I will look this lady up. For me, the most competition I want is slowly working my way up the LSF levels and the club's monthly comps.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Oct 01, 2011, 03:21 PM
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,038 Posts
Thanks for the delete info Stinker,G Don
Old Oct 01, 2011, 04:55 PM
cq cq de kr4is
USA, VA, virginia beach
Joined Jan 2011
277 Posts
lost my sig riser 100 today,, kit by ray,,it was swirly winds today at club site and
the winch was set up after reveiw of wind direction , albeit, in the end at 60 ft the wind was 180 degrees around,, with a tail wind for a launch and 12-18mph plus gust, so , when it got to me after one destroyed plane, and another almost loosing it i launched ,gave full peddle and was able to get to the good air and caught a termal with a couple hawks. im drifting /rising down wind and deside to come back, this is where things went bad,, i egressed thermal and 90 degrees too wind , i was going fast yet not "diving""too much",,i pulled up to slow her down and found myself doing left hand turns and loosing height each rotation of the "death spiral",,, went into the woods and didnt find her after 3 hours of search,,, but now at home i have a satelite pic. and can figure better as to were she came down,,will search again tommorrow or next sat/contest day. lost my "how high" a 6mtr recvr,blaa blaa and a plane possibly flown beyond its envelope,lol , more money than a poor boy got,,.. i used hing tape instead of hinges over the monocoat,yet it all held together after an experiance noted with pics in this tread a few months ago , check out,,i cant wait too find her and CSI the crash/debrie field.
flexsphincter is offline Find More Posts by flexsphincter
Old Oct 01, 2011, 05:18 PM
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,038 Posts
Hi Flex

That's a bummer as no one want's to hear a fellow flyer lost his plane.Hope you get your Riser back, did you have your name in it as some one else might find it and call you with a surprise call.

Lost my Paragon in a housing tract one day but found it after looking a bunch, your Satelite pic might just lead you right to it.

Good Luck !!!

G Don