Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 07, 2011, 06:43 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Hello gents,

Apparently I have a LOT of catching up to do. Just took some time off from the internet to catch up on shop building/work/family and so on. I was burning up so much time on line that I was not getting what needed to be done.......done. I am now recharged and ready to rock!

Yep, got to have Jeff over for a night of pigging out and a quick trip through the man-cave. Unfortunately, as he explained, his schedule was tight so we didn't get to do any really heavy drinkin' and lyin'. Next time.

At a quick glance it appears everyone is well here (with the exception of Don, he may be over the crud but he ain't never been right ).

I should be back at the building board soon. Looks like first up project is a Pierce Paramount. The boss picked up one (It was in the classifieds here on RCG) that was basically framed up. Whoever started it really did a good job. Everything is well built, tight joints and such. I don't have any plans for it so if anyone has either a plan set that they can photograph or at least a picture of the wing/fuse mounting I would appreciate it. I'm a little puzzled as to how the center sections join each other and the fuse. I see how I could do it but want to stay fairly original. I'll have to carve a canopy as the kit provided clear one is MIA. Should be a neat bird though. Hopefully after that I'll get on Oly III numbers 2 and 3.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2011, 10:42 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,871 Posts
Hi, just checking in. I'm a bit over half way across, about 700Km to go to Norseman.

Mostly tailwinds, but some wild summer weather to ride through, there isn't any shaelter out there. So far have lost another 15 pounds in weight in the last 6 days, it's been interesting.

Get better Don! and Sean I'm keen on following anything you build.

Hooroo,
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jan 08, 2011, 08:43 AM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Damn, Steve!
If you keep losing weight, pard, you will turn sideways and we won't be able to see you.
Was getting a bit worried about you out in the boonies there. The news has been reporting severe flooding in the eastern part of Australia. Hope it stays away from you! Are you on the Coolgardie Esperance hiway area?
Thanks for the report.
G
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
Last edited by Oldcoot2; Jan 08, 2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 05:42 PM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
Hi, just checking in. I'm a bit over half way across, about 700Km to go to Norseman.

Mostly tailwinds, but some wild summer weather to ride through, there isn't any shaelter out there. So far have lost another 15 pounds in weight in the last 6 days, it's been interesting.

Get better Don! and Sean I'm keen on following anything you build.

Hooroo,
That's a LOT of water to have lost. If you can't trust the water, drink the beer! It's well below freezing here in north TX, USA and I get to be outside for a team building thing tomorrow. Glad someone from Florida planned it.
Lacquerhead is offline Find More Posts by Lacquerhead
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:41 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,761 Posts
I was out trying to cut stab ribs last night. My legs were hot from the heater, but I was shivering... it was 6 degrees f in my driveway this morning... I was not impressed. I hope... if we move... to have a heated and cooled place to build...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:13 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Yup, burrrrrrrrr, it's freakin cold on us Tejas boys...
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:18 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,761 Posts
Well, I braved an hour of the nasty cold last night and got the stab ribs cut out. This weekend looks better so I will try to finish the empennage and get rolling on the fuselage. I really need this one finished for SWC. I have the vertical framed and the belcrank made. I will try to get the forward fuselage started, too. This one has a ballast tube thrown into the mix... I need to get some better graphics made for this one.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:35 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Way cold here too. I mean, not as cold as Don and Jack but, hey, this is Florida! It's supposed to always be sunny and balmy here.

Got out to the shop this evening also. Got it heated up nice and cozy but spent the time studying and planning.

Still need a pic of a Paramount or at least some idea of the center wing joints and fuse mounts. Anyone????
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:44 PM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,159 Posts
My little weather monitor says the high today was 18, low tonight expected to be 2. And I have some freakin' upper respiratory infection.

Man, I hate winter.
TheNightowl is online now Find More Posts by TheNightowl
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:46 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightowl View Post

Man, I hate winter.

True dat!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 06:55 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightowl View Post
My little weather monitor says the high today was 18, low tonight expected to be 2. And I have some freakin' upper respiratory infection.

Man, I hate winter.
I'd say... move to Texas, but there's more than 800 miles of latitudes. Amarillo ain't much better'n Kansas... Oh well... at least I'll have my Texas driver's license back so my Montana transplant bud can stop crowin' about his having one, and I don't... ... a fact he reminds me of often...
Old Jan 12, 2011, 07:28 PM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,159 Posts
lol... I used to live in Texas, Jack. San Antone. Got a buddy outside Austin keeps buggin' me to move back south, and a lady (just a friend) in Phoenix says she'll put me up in a spare room anytime I get tired of the cold. One of these winters, I'll probably wind up moving back south.

Nightowl
TheNightowl is online now Find More Posts by TheNightowl
Old Jan 12, 2011, 07:58 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,761 Posts
So... Take your friend up on her offer and come to Phoenix for SWC... At least be warm for a coupla days...

6 1/2 years to retirement...6 1/2 years to retirement...6 1/2 years to retirement...

OBTW... My daughter, son-in-law, and grandson will be living in Boerne by June. Lots closer than North Carolina...
Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:38 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Better nip that infection in the bud, Owl. It probably won't go away on it's own. I'm just now gettin over this damn flu. I will NEVER, EVER miss my flu shot again. Yup, I hate winter too!!!! It's cold here but at least it ain't 2...good God .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:46 AM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Ho, ho
What a bunch of wusses
Hell, I used to walk to school in cold weather, and it was
uphill both ways.

Jack
6 1/2 years??? Will you be able to survive that long?

Glad you're better, Don!!
G
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2