Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 04, 2011, 12:58 PM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,171 Posts
Ahh.. yep. I still have a half-bottle of that in my own medicine chest. The guiafensin is to loosen the mucus. The hydrocodone, beleive it or not, is like codeine in suppressing the actual cough. It's not really in there for pain control. I'm still a bit surprised you're not on an anti-inflammatory. But, hey, I'm not a doctor.

Nightowl
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2011, 01:01 PM
Hi-Start Man
Texas Panhandle
Joined Dec 2004
100 Posts
Those short packs usually work for myself. Good luck Don.

A.B.
olyman is offline Find More Posts by olyman
Last edited by olyman; Jan 04, 2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 11:51 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
Thanks A. B., just back from urgent care, thought I was gonna croak, I hurt so bad. Turns out that the first Dr misdiagnosed me with just acute bronchitis. She was right but it's from influenza "B"...stupid heifer ! The new doc says I won't be contagious after the fever cycles stop which is none too soon for me . Will get the X-Ray results tomorrow, she said she didn't see pneumonia but will have them read.
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Jan 05, 2011, 12:12 PM
Hi-Start Man
Texas Panhandle
Joined Dec 2004
100 Posts
Don---Well they miss it sometimes. You have to be very careful in this day and time. Lot of stuff going around. Take very good care of yourself and hope you are feeling well soon.
They talk like we are going to be very cold in the TX Panhandle next week.
A.B.
olyman is offline Find More Posts by olyman
Old Jan 05, 2011, 01:45 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,779 Posts
You should try Granny's (Beverly Hillbillies) cold remedy... Take her potion and in 10 days to 2 weeks, you'll feel fine... works every time...
schrederman is online now Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Jan 05, 2011, 07:59 PM
Full Scale Better! UOHHHH!
United States, TX, Lytle
Joined Dec 2006
396 Posts
Jack, as in Grannys "little brown Jug", or did you mean a big dose of castor oil every day for 2 weeks? Heh Heh, either way you won't be complainin about the flu bug!
Hang in there Don, sometimes them heifers miss the call, but so do the old gray haired sawbones sometimes too!
Phoebusflyer is offline Find More Posts by Phoebusflyer
Old Jan 05, 2011, 11:58 PM
soaring guy
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2009
130 Posts
1950's formula for cold, cough and old viruses.

1 part of each of Gentlemen Jack, honey, lemon juice. If it didn't cure you, you would be happy anyway.
dwood75 is offline Find More Posts by dwood75
Old Jan 06, 2011, 08:08 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
Thanks All,

Feeling better this morning with most of the pains and fever cycles fading now. I guess I've never had a true flu strain before. This is why the very young and the very old die from it...what an experience!

I too remember the bourbon and honey when I was a kid. My dad and my uncles would drag me and my cousins out in the cold Oklahoma winter nights to coyote hunt. Always ended up sick the next day and they had plenty of this "medicine" for us. My mom and my aunts would be pissed at them for taking us along. It was worth it to us kids because we each got a coyote tail filled with salt .

Maybe a little sanding today to help pass the time .

Cheers Guys...
Old Jan 06, 2011, 01:51 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
hey Guys!!! A belated Happy new years to all. I've just been too busy to get on here lately is all. I've got an easy route today so I've got some down time between jobs so I thought I'd pop in ere and do some catching up.

The Tuesday before New Years Eve I got a call from the boss telling me that the rest of my route was going away and that i was to go home and pack my bags for a trip to Pensacola for a couple days of work. First thing I did as I was heading to the house was to call Sean of course and let him know I was heading down. Between packing my stuff, loading up parts and materials in the truck and driving down I finally got to the hotel at 2:15 Am (my time) and had to be at the Cox Office at 7 that same morning. Worked a 10 hour day and then headed over to Seans place for dinner with him and his MUCH better half. Got back to the hotel to find the other contractors drinking like fish and I wasn't able to get to sleep until about 12:30 in the morning. Did a 14 hour shift and then had to drive back to Georgia. I go home at 5 am and was at the shop by 8 after getting 2 hours sleep. I lucked out in that it was a short day and I was off by 6 that evening. Needless to say the last thing on my mind was staying up to ring in the new year. I slept for close to 12 hours straight. This was the firs ttime since I started working for this company that I've had two days in a row off work. I could get used to that

I'm still working on the plans for my XC design but haven't had time to do any building or flying for so long now that it isn't funny.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Jan 06, 2011, 04:55 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
......haven't had time to do any building or flying for so long now that it isn't funny.
I feel your pain! But if my good fortune holds out, I hope to be gluing balsa by the end of the month. It's been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long since I've been able to sit and build...and really relax, both physically and mentally.

As for work, that's unfortunately just one of those ugly things we must deal with to support our addictions, like eating, having a roof over our heads, and sailplanes....not necessarily in that order! It sure beats the alternative of no work!
LVsoaring is online now Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Jan 06, 2011, 08:58 PM
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton
Blackstock, South Carolina
Joined Sep 2007
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood75 View Post
1950's formula for cold, cough and old viruses.

1 part of each of Gentlemen Jack, honey, lemon juice. If it didn't cure you, you would be happy anyway.
I used to concoct a similar cure for sore throat/cough. Mine was Cognac (or rum), orange juice and honey.
Fly Wheel is offline Find More Posts by Fly Wheel
Old Jan 07, 2011, 12:11 AM
Wood Chucker
USA, TX, Allen
Joined Nov 2009
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Maybe a little sanding today to help pass the time .

Cheers Guys...

Wear a mask! Sand/sawdust will really make you wish you could get a lung replacement.

As a chronic allergy sufferer I'm very familiar with bronchitis. For me a sinus infection would become acute bronchitis in less than 48 hours. The only thing that worked for me were huge doses of Guaifenesin (RX is about twice what OTC is) and steroids. In severe cases a shot of Cortisone was given and gladly taken. Of course the steroids would keep me up at night but I knew I was getting better when that started to annoy me.

My four year old daughter had Flu-A and that seriously sucked for everyone.
Lacquerhead is offline Find More Posts by Lacquerhead
Old Jan 07, 2011, 02:09 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,171 Posts
I agree with everything Laquerhead says! Wear a mask! (It's a good idea anyway.)

Heya, Scaflock! Glad to hear you're still with us, but just tied up. I hope life returns to a sane balance between work and building Sailplanes soon. (That would be independent wealth and very few responsibilities other than to make yourself happy building and flying sailplanes! )

Nightowl
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl
Old Jan 07, 2011, 09:26 AM
Speed cost money.
United States, FL, Marathon
Joined Dec 2002
3,044 Posts
I would not sand, Could irritate the lungs a bit. Stick to glueing with standard would glue. Sand it all down after you feel better. Stay away from CA also.

Highflier
highflier is online now Find More Posts by highflier
Old Jan 07, 2011, 12:08 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
hey Guys!!! A belated Happy new years to all. I've just been too busy to get on here lately is all. I've got an easy route today so I've got some down time between jobs so I thought I'd pop in ere and do some catching up.

The Tuesday before New Years Eve I got a call from the boss telling me that the rest of my route was going away and that i was to go home and pack my bags for a trip to Pensacola for a couple days of work. First thing I did as I was heading to the house was to call Sean of course and let him know I was heading down. Between packing my stuff, loading up parts and materials in the truck and driving down I finally got to the hotel at 2:15 Am (my time) and had to be at the Cox Office at 7 that same morning. Worked a 10 hour day and then headed over to Seans place for dinner with him and his MUCH better half. Got back to the hotel to find the other contractors drinking like fish and I wasn't able to get to sleep until about 12:30 in the morning. Did a 14 hour shift and then had to drive back to Georgia. I go home at 5 am and was at the shop by 8 after getting 2 hours sleep. I lucked out in that it was a short day and I was off by 6 that evening. Needless to say the last thing on my mind was staying up to ring in the new year. I slept for close to 12 hours straight. This was the firs ttime since I started working for this company that I've had two days in a row off work. I could get used to that

I'm still working on the plans for my XC design but haven't had time to do any building or flying for so long now that it isn't funny.
Hey Jeff,

Glad to hear things are going to settle down for you a bit. Really miss the BS from you AND Sean.

Cheers,

Don