Hellferstout 5 26.32%
Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:47 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,813 Posts
JW
I am totally bummed with this news......Mostly because I have been bustin my a%$ on a new wood creation to do battle with the Hawk Man. Dude it is just a weekend!!! Mikey will be heart broken, I heard he got a new shipment in from 3M just cause he heard you were bringing a motor home. Merry Christmas and good luck LJ
Larry Jolly is online now Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:48 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,176 Posts
Man, Jack. Telling me I'd be moving to Amarillo would be a GREAT Christmas present! lol

Congratulations!

Nightowl
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:40 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,786 Posts
I'm not cancelling just yet. This bunch I work for has been telling me I was moving for about 4 years now... Ft. Worth, Albuquerque... etc. This is the first time they've sent appraisers, though. Amarillo will be better than Clovis, but there's not a big group of glider guiders there. Maybe I can bolster that. Don C and I did build Houston up quite a bit... When I joined the Hawks there were only about 7 memebers.

I really hope to make it to Phoenix... We'll see!

LJ... I hope I don't have to cancel.

Owl... If I could just blink and be there, it would be good. Unfortunately, this will be our 5th move, and they're never fun... But, we always seem to come out ahead, so... You're right, I should count it as a blessing...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:29 PM
Full Scale Better! UOHHHH!
United States, TX, Lytle
Joined Dec 2006
396 Posts
Maybe I can get a chance to come up and see ya and meet the OC. Seems I get to Amarillo a lot more than Clovis lately. Well, sort of. At least I'm home from Colorado for a while.
Phoebusflyer is offline Find More Posts by Phoebusflyer
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:14 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,845 Posts
That kinda sucks, Jack. Keeping folks hanging on a move is cruel and unusual. Are you packed, kinda packed or not started? Congrats on your appraisal! It's nice to here these days.
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Dec 24, 2010, 02:10 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,786 Posts
We're not packed. I've always taken the attitude of... I'll believe it when the move package hits my desk. They'll take the appraisals and determine if it's a good business decision from that. They've already determined that I need to be there for work... Since it's probably going to be feasable financially, we're probably going. We ARE sick of dangling on their string.

Allen,

There's a guy in Odessa that's getting back into RC Soaring after a long absense... Maybe I can get some contests going and you guys can come up... or I can come down if you put one on...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Dec 24, 2010, 03:19 PM
Builder of flying things
United States, TX, Blackwell
Joined Dec 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
We're not packed. I've always taken the attitude of... I'll believe it when the move package hits my desk. They'll take the appraisals and determine if it's a good business decision from that. They've already determined that I need to be there for work... Since it's probably going to be feasable financially, we're probably going. We ARE sick of dangling on their string.

Allen,

There's a guy in Odessa that's getting back into RC Soaring after a long absense... Maybe I can get some contests going and you guys can come up... or I can come down if you put one on...
Good luck with your move!

You put on a contest....and I will be there! :-)

Happy Holidays
Jim
fyrechaser is online now Find More Posts by fyrechaser
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Electric Flight
Old Dec 24, 2010, 03:25 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,845 Posts
Postal Drinking Contest

Starting at 6:00pm this evening begins the first annual PDC. Please register with what bottle you'll be flying this evening. Points are for volume consumed of a given alcohol content. Winner receives sh_t from the family and three Tylenol in the morning .

Don, Canadian Mist, 80 proof, on the rocks...
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Dec 24, 2010, 05:27 PM
Builder of flying things
Joined Dec 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Starting at 6:00pm this evening begins the first annual PDC. Please register with what bottle you'll be flying this evening. Points are for volume consumed of a given alcohol content. Winner receives sh_t from the family and three Tylenol in the morning .

Don, Canadian Mist, 80 proof, on the rocks...

I'm in......

Jim Beam special addition, 80 proof, also on the rocks. I'm usually just a lowly beer guy. Don't often drink whiskey, but this is a special occasion.

Jim
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Electric Flight
Old Dec 24, 2010, 07:26 PM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
I thought I might have to pass, as I'm at work this week, but I was able to have a couple glasses of Merlot.
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
Old Dec 24, 2010, 09:18 PM
United States, TX, Lytle
Joined Dec 2006
396 Posts
Sounds great Jack. I'm going to finish my Hawk, just needs covering and gear installation and them I'm starting on a Yardbird!!! Where can I get plans for a Bantam? I like the idea of a lightweight I can use on my hi start.
Later, Jack!
Merry Christmas to all you woodie afficionados!!
Old Dec 24, 2010, 09:18 PM
United States, TX, Lytle
Joined Dec 2006
396 Posts
Fyrechaser, where do you fly in Odessa? I fly full scale out at Schlemeyer.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:20 PM
Builder of flying things
Joined Dec 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebusflyer View Post
Fyrechaser, where do you fly in Odessa? I fly full scale out at Schlemeyer.
Thats a good question....right now I fly in an open field close to my house, but as I get back into this obsession I am going to have to find a larger place. We have a very nice RC field south of town, but having been there, it's not too freindly to gliders, winches, or hi-starts. Mostly geared to power/nitro flying.

However....there is a place about an hour south of here that we fly rockets every month that would be perfect, lots of thermals in the spring, summer, and fall. Been there and seen them.

So you're a private pilot....so am I. I haven't flown as PIC in while though, just got too expensive. Next time you get down this way shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell#, I'll buy you lunch or something.

Merry Christmas!

Jim

P.S. Will be passing through Seminole on Sunday morning on my way to see my Dad in Roswell.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by fyrechaser; Dec 24, 2010 at 10:25 PM. Reason: thought of something else
Old Dec 24, 2010, 10:25 PM
United States, TX, Lytle
Joined Dec 2006
396 Posts
You got it, Jim. I'll probably been in Odessa in the next few days. I have to take some pictures of my full scale glider for a gent that is interested in buying it. I live in Seminole, by the way and do all of my R/C flying in the corners of my friends farm. Sometimes the weeds are h**l on the hi start!!
I'll send you a pm with my email and phone numbers.
Allen
Old Dec 25, 2010, 09:58 AM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,603 Posts
Hey Jack!

Keep us advised. AMA is only about 4.5 hours or so from OKC, and being a huge fan of the Big Texan Steakhouse, maybe I can come up with a good excuse to visit! Good luck and Merry Christmas to you and to all my woodie lovers!
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring