Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:57 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Mr.Mac,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, I know you'll miss her. I really had no grandparents to speak of from either side of the family. My aunt Jewel (mothers sister) was many years older than mother and wanted to be our granny. She knew that this person in a childs life was important and she made it so for us. I called her granny Jewel up until she passed 5 years ago at the ripe old age of 97, I loved her dearly...

God bless,

Don
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:20 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,088 Posts
I guess Steve will pop back in here soon. He must be pedaling away right now.

Randy and Scott: welcome to the thread!

Yep, I always vote bigger wingspan.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jul 26, 2010, 09:42 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,665 Posts
My vote is for the Sagitta 600 Scott. Seeing as I just received one in the mail from a certain Wylie Coyote and will need inspiration for the build. It's a box FULL of wood right now.
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:07 PM
Glider Guider
United States, CO, Hotchkiss
Joined Oct 2006
1,711 Posts
Thanks! I think I've finally decided to make it a 3-panel wing with a flat center section. The tips would still have dihedral. This would make for a stronger wing and one servo for the one spoiler. Do you think that would work?

Randy
Pilatuspc12 is offline Find More Posts by Pilatuspc12
Old Jul 27, 2010, 06:45 AM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilatuspc12 View Post
Sorry about your Grandmom, Steve. My Dad just went into a nursing home and he's not long for this world.
On another note, I've been working on this Pierce-Aero Gemini-MTS. May I join your thread? Thanks,

Randy
Thanks Randy, sorry to hear about your Dad, thats tough. Thanks all you guys for your kind words. The funeral was today, it all went well, and there were no family punch-ups at the service!

Randy, no need to ask! Thanks for joining in our fun and sharing your build pics, its always a nice surprise to log on and see what the builders of the world are doing.

I'll be on the road again after next weekend but not before I buy a new tent and sleeping bag in an effort to lose 3-5 pounds of weight. My current gear is pretty light, but I want to go even lighter after a very steep learning curve this month.

Been a busy time, no chance to go to my old Toowoomba club and bludge a fly and now the weather is getting bad so that might be out.

Cheers guys,
steve.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jul 27, 2010, 08:57 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Steve, I got to hand it to you, you got a lotta balls to light out on your bike like that. I wouldn't get out of DFW before I was hassled by some punk tryin to rip me off. It'd be a short stand off staring down my 1911, I can tell you that for sure. Hope your packin a piece just for good measure .
Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:02 AM
Silent Wings
United States, TX, Amarillo
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Holy cow!
That bike of yours is probably groaning under all the stuff, Steve.
Since you have a sore butt have you thought of using one of the gel saddles?
Dang sure looks like you are dressed for the trip. Ride safe my friend.

Gerald
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:07 AM
Silent Wings
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Don
Yep, "Peddlin' and Packin'"
Reminds me of my early motorcycle days. We thought we were all real badasses in the 50's. I carried a chain on my risers. Nowdays I think I would carry something that could reach out and visit with an offender before he got close enough to do any damage.
Got to hand it to Steve....get your dreams taken care of while you can.
Speaking of dreams.....how's Pokie doing? Saved enough money yet for a couple more rolls of moneykoat?
Gerald
Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:31 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Hey Mr. G, yup, chains are too close proximity this day and time. I guess in the younger days, scrappin up close is just what we did. I'm too old now to take a ass whippin so Nick (nickel plated 45) would have to do my talkin. He speaks louder than me and would demand total respect with only one word out of his mouth .

Pokey's wings are being final sanded and should get to covering PDQ. No excuse, but it's been so hot in the garage, sanding and sweating just ain't working for me. How you holding out in the heat? Isn't your machine shop A/C'd?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:38 AM
have gun will travel
USA, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Apr 2010
331 Posts
i dont think you can hardly own a gun in aus. much less a hand gun?
scott
scottrod31 is offline Find More Posts by scottrod31
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:07 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrod31 View Post
i dont think you can hardly own a gun in aus. much less a hand gun?
scott
Possibly, but glider guiders are very resourceful .
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:08 AM
Glider Guider
United States, CO, Hotchkiss
Joined Oct 2006
1,711 Posts
Steve,

How do you get on the web on your bike?

Randy
Pilatuspc12 is offline Find More Posts by Pilatuspc12
Old Jul 28, 2010, 03:18 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
What? Didn't you see the dish he mounted upon his bike? Itmay be burried under the rest of the gear.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Jul 28, 2010, 06:47 PM
Silent Wings
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
And he has a generator that runs off his cycle wheel.....
Gerald
Old Jul 29, 2010, 04:16 AM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Wheel generator => I have enough parasitic drag, and body fat as it is without that kind of resistance! - but there's no denying the reliability and simplicity of the wheel driven generators, they are quite efficient today compared to the dynamo's of my youth.

Nope, I've gone solar. My time with aeromodelling has given me a slight advantage with figuring out power problems in other endeavours, I've got eneloop AA's and AAA's charged by a light little solar charger I bought from Jaycar. And with LED lighting my headlamp-come-tent-area light is CR2032 powered and they weigh little.

Randy, Internet on the road turns out to be not to hard, most towns have public internet services at their public libraries and community centres for $2-$5 per hour. Some caravaning/RV parks and camping parks have internet services for travelers in the office blocks.

I was so close to buying one of those little tiny PC's, even if they have lifespan problems, but then I had a brainwave (not a common event LOL so it's worth mentioning!) - All I had to do was save all my favourite programs, software and my documents files from my IBM PC to a 16Gb thumb drive before I formated and sold the IBM, then to open my softwares all I have to do is open them and all their associatd files and then click on the .exe file, then I got photoshop, astrosoftware, profili-2 or whatever it is on whatever PC I am using in these little two horse towns.

Anyhow, bought a new tent and sleeping bag today and so have dropped 1.7Kg just there. Sounds small for the $$$ I paid, but being wiser now I'm happy for it and besides, the new tent has more room inside too so my sciatic problems should benefit.

Jeff, the best touring saddles are Brooks leather saddles of England- a hard leather surface, mine has springs, it's a Brooks Flyer if you want to google it. The padding comes built inside the cycle shorts these days, more efficient and stable than gel seat covers.

Enough of my blather!!! - sorry to get off the woodie track guys, but questions are questions.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve