Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:05 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,742 Posts
Alas... my hopes of being adopted... and being supported in a manner to which I could grow accustomed... are dashed...

We're looking at storms just to the south, but the one that came through Saturday broke 5 skylights and ruined my roof. The hail dinged up my work truck... but having just turned over 259K miles, it's time for a new one. My next-door neighbor saved a couple of hail stones that were very solid and just bigger than golf balls.
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:43 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,218 Posts
Hey Nightowl: least ya don't hafta worry bout those any more... eh, what? Oh sorry... thought he said GALL STONES

Keep your head down Jack, don't woory about the truck, leave it outside... let the EXPLODER have the garage. You got your priorities right...
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Jun 18, 2010, 09:21 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,742 Posts
We got hammered again last night. Quarter-sized hail and lots of wind... This thing blew 15 rail cars over just west of Clovis...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:57 AM
Fly it all!!
Gerlach Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
372 Posts
ridge railing

Head over to the rail line and ridge soar the toppled trains!!!
teamtwisty is offline Find More Posts by teamtwisty
Old Jun 22, 2010, 08:49 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Gettin a little closer....yeah.....blah, blah, blah. Actually it's starting to look like an Oly . A little more grindin and I'll put her clothes own .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:11 PM
Joined Jan 2007
645 Posts
Nice!
By the red tail I think she's been blushing for a bit.
kilwein is offline Find More Posts by kilwein
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:10 PM
United States, IN, Mishawaka
Joined Sep 2009
219 Posts
Sweet looking ship Dwells! Between my Sagitta and the pics you all are putting up, I losing interest in getting my moldie together. I'm thinking a monster full house Sagitta should be in my future.
Steve
Steve Bailey is online now Find More Posts by Steve Bailey
Last edited by Steve Bailey; Jun 23, 2010 at 05:03 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 06:51 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,019 Posts
(Applause)

Way to go Don, looking fantastic!

Wylie's just about ready to maiden his so maybe we can get a twofer.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:30 AM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
YEE HAW!!!!
Takin' time out from sweating in the shop to catch up on my favorite site here.
You rock, Don! I sure love them wangs!
Put some sexy clothes on that damsel and get 'er airborne.
Also, take along a cooler of suds or some water 'cause I see that it's hot down there also. Early morning bubbles sure ought to keep you busy til you can't stand the temps.

Still trying to finish the Lil Bird 2. Just need a bit of covering on the TE of the wing then I'll be ready to stuff the electronics in. One thing again, that bird sure is light!!!
Gerald
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
Old Jun 23, 2010, 09:13 AM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Apr 2003
1,570 Posts
Don,

Is it OK to put this pic up on my OLY lll web page ? Enjoy the maiden, lots of pics please.

Wylie, same for you too.

Hey guys, isn't it Great to hear from Gerald again, looking forward to a pic of your LB 2.

Ray
Sky Bench ... Woodys Forever
http://www.skybench.com
Ray Hayes is offline Find More Posts by Ray Hayes
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:31 AM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,020 Posts
Pic's

Hi Ray, You have my permission to post on your web no problemo.. will post a b4 maiden ere just gotta cover the tail feathers... and hook up the flaps.... balance and then ready.... getting close..now... so gotta get some hinge tape today... .... it's been awhile... but good things come to those who wait... sometimes....

Wylie
Wylie Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Wylie Shaw
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:14 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Guys,
Thanks for the words, I'm almost there ! It'll be Wylie, GD and me. Although, GD may come in second.

Gerald,
It's great to hear from you, you old coot, been missing you! Where you been? I know, this is your busy season and you're wrapped up in equipment repairs. I hope you're working in a cool place so you don't overheat in this mess...it's hot everywhere in Texas. No rain in weeks and none in sight...it's typical. The LB2 sounds close Mr. G, you've built 3 to my 1 . Post some pics when you get a chance. I really miss the old days on the thread.

Ray,
Without a doubt, anything I've posted on this forum belongs to all. Yes, you can post that photo on your site. I have to say that this has been one of the most enjoyable pastime hobbies in my life. I'm so thankful that I chose one of your kits for my first build. Having the support of the designer and a trusty group of SkyBench patrons has been awsome. I've learned so much from everyone here and I think the results of that support shows for a first build. SkyBench has so much to offer, I would never look anywhere else as I move forward.

-Build it from wood, keep it for good-
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Jun 23, 2010, 06:27 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
I love your wings, Don, she looks so ready to do what they do best. Bugger! we'll have to update your old Oly-with-wings picture on the front page hey.
Gerald great to hear from you old timer, was thinking of you only last weekend.
And Wylie!- another old devil, Wylie don't forget the standard pilot-with-oly-on-wingtip picture for us all, when the time comes.

Both my OlyIII and LB2 have a new temporary home with Steve Raskin of Simitar Aircraft Downunder fame. Steve has been great to me with his shop and services and with more than 40 years behind the sticks, he's one of the few gents around here I would trust my skybench woodies to. He's going to fly them occasionally to keep the dust off and exercise his bones so it couldn't be better for both of us, and the woodies, they weren't made to be sat around and earthbound after all were they.

-I keep sort of waiting for a PM from admin to say that we have put to many pictures up here on this thread (well over 1300!) and the front page but it hasn't arrived yet lol. 'Til then its all woody business I guess.

-I just looked at Joe's super-Oly picture again, and I think, the aircraft is actually adding to the structural rigidity of the Van PSML!

-GD ?
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Last edited by atmosteve; Jun 23, 2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: EDIT; forgot to say g'day to Wylie!
Old Jun 23, 2010, 06:54 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
Bloody Hell! - we just got a new prime minister over here (our version of a president) and she's a sheila! - dunno what this means for blokes and beer and balsa in sheds and workshops; are we going to have a nationwide curfew on shop time and hobby spending, enforced punishment for leaving the dunny seat up?? - feel the fear!!!!!!

atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jun 23, 2010, 07:13 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
Bloody Hell! - we just got a new prime minister over here (our version of a president) and she's a sheila! - dunno what this means for blokes and beer and balsa in sheds and workshops; are we going to have a nationwide curfew on shop time and hobby spending, enforced punishment for leaving the dunny seat up?? - feel the fear!!!!!!

After the day I had today I sat down and read this. Uncontrollable laughter ensued. My wife was at her PC and wanted to know what was so funny. I read your post out loud and she laughed a bit, then said "Steve doesn't know the half of it. I'll get her email address and fill her in on what she has to deal with concerning all of you balsa-brains". "Fear? Mwuhahahahahah! Steve doesn't know fear!".
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola