Hellferstout 5 26.32%
Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:19 PM
United States, IN, Mishawaka
Joined Sep 2009
217 Posts
I don't know what came over me. When it was time to build the bend in the wing I got tired and couldn't lift the end panel up off the board. I shoulda ate my Wheaties. Maybe I've been working too many hours......mostly on my winch.
I still have one with the bent up wings, it just need some repairs. This is my third Sagitta.
Steve
Steve Bailey is offline Find More Posts by Steve Bailey
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:06 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,075 Posts
Geeze Hoss, if your drivin all the way up to Indiana ya might as well steal all three... Give one to Sean to fix the repairs needed then steal it from him! Lookin very nice there Stevon Send that baby up here, I'll put a bend in that wing for ya.
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Jun 12, 2010, 05:06 AM
United States, IN, Mishawaka
Joined Sep 2009
217 Posts
Be very careful! We like airplane thiefs almost as much as we like motorcycle thiefs.

We= Nugget, me, Sam Colt and Mr's Smith and Wesson
Steve Bailey is offline Find More Posts by Steve Bailey
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:31 AM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossfly72 View Post
I have got to get the shop finished so I'll have a Man-Cave where I can build something this nice! I'm also going to have to break down and order some Sagitta 600 plans from RCM.
Hey Hoss I've got a sagitta in the box as is for $20.00 you pay shippin...

Coyote
Wylie Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Wylie Shaw
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:39 AM
Joined Jun 2009
410 Posts
Stevo,

Beautiful job! looks likes a really clean tight finish! damn wish I had those building skills!

Joe
flyb0y is offline Find More Posts by flyb0y
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:40 AM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,632 Posts
I would never steal a Sagitta. Especially with Nugget watching over it! LOL That's an effective security system, yet cute all at the same time. Reminds me of Pappy Boyington's dog Meatball, from the TV show.

Hey Wylie! Ya ol' coyote! Give me a holler later this afternoon. I gotta go pick Kat up from camp in a few minutes and then we're driving her up to meet her dad. They're leaving for Corpus Christi tomorrow. The kid's become a world traveller! And she's doing awesome too! She's stable for two years now.
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Jun 12, 2010, 02:59 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,616 Posts
That's great to hear that Kat has been stable for so long now Hoss. Good news for sure!

Hey Sean, Once I get the truck back on the road it's going to need a lube job. Any chance of bringing it down your way for a trip to the beach? I figure BP should have arrived in force by then.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Jun 12, 2010, 03:57 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,404 Posts
LOL.... except not really funny. I bet Sean is none too pleased about his beaches being sullied so. Knock on wood, we're still clear down here in Ft Myers.
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Jun 12, 2010, 06:37 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
4,900 Posts
This oil spill business is truly horrible, gentlemen. This has been my home for my whole life. Only bright spot is that I finally quit waterfront living after Hurricane Ivan so the person that bought my house has to deal with the mess in his yard. It's already devastating many friends livelihood and everyone here is sad. I try not to dwell on it and hope that certain forces out there can do something to help, eventually, clean up the mess. I won't get on my soapbox but the explosion of the rig may not have been avoidable but when politics come into play you can rest assured nothing will get done in a timely manner, in other words, the whole thing is a big cluster . And to actually believe some people think the answer to anything is bigger Govt.

However, to get back to lighthearted thoughts, there are several jokes making the rounds here to help people with a smile. Here's my favorite so far:

Some guys got together and came up with the prefect solution to shut off that leak. Very elegant and simple:

Slap a wedding ring around that pipe and there is 100% assurance that it will stop putting out.

Awesome flying day today. I'll tell the tale later this evening, right now I have to go to Wally World.

seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:12 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,864 Posts
I can't get my head around the size of the spill , it would wipe out Fraser Island for a long time if it were near here. Sean, your suggested remedy is the best I've heard to date! For anyone not in the States, try this link it automatically superimpose the slick over the area in which you live; http://www.ifitwasmyhome.com/

Stevon, I can hardly say how much I like that slick Sagitta, its one smooth looking rig! - Its safe from me, honest, sir! its not so much the pistoli's, they ain't even pointed straight, its Nugget that has me scared he can look straight!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:24 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Apr 2003
1,548 Posts
Steve, the link works for me, thanks.

Ray
Sky Bench ... Woodys Forever
http://www.skybench.com
Ray Hayes is offline Find More Posts by Ray Hayes
Old Jun 12, 2010, 08:20 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevon View Post
Finally got it covered, painted and assembled. Just wanted to show off a little, it might never look like this in the future. I got to go into the shop and finish machining my winch drum in the morning but I should be ready to fly her by late Saturday or early Sunday. the weather is anyones guess here in north central Indiana.
NICE WORK!!!!!

All it needs now is a slpash of blue on the nose to simulate a canopy and you have the best looking Sagitta I have ever seen except Mike Remus's XC. Wonder what happened to that one....
Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Old Jun 12, 2010, 08:29 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
4,900 Posts
I absolutely love this photo! That eye is zeroed in on Hoss. Nug's thinking "Don't even try it Hoss. You wouldn't be the first FedEx delivery guy I've ever had for lunch".
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jun 12, 2010, 08:56 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,632 Posts
Nah! Ol' Nugget would LOVE me!
I'd rub his belly til he peed all over hisself!!
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Jun 12, 2010, 09:14 PM
Balsa breaks better
Buchanan Mi
Joined Apr 2005
2,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Hayes View Post
Pictures Joe ... Lot's of picutres ... Please.

Ray
Sky Bench ... Woodys Forever
http://www.skybench.com
Well, I am a little late in responding, but then I believe I was born about 2 weeks late
I have no pictures of the repairs, pretty simple and swift. I do have pictures of my new Osprey under construction in an attempt to lower the 9.5 oz wing loading of ol' reliable.
Most of fuse came with a kit I bought here on the Groups from somebody that was going to make it an electric v tail. The nose has been grafted from another kit I thought I was getting but the delivery company managed to kill most of it. The seller wanted to make it right so I got the ribs and the nose, we both did okay considering.

Joe
Thermaler is offline Find More Posts by Thermaler
Last edited by Thermaler; Jun 12, 2010 at 11:55 PM.