I do stand corrected Sir.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2010, 04:44 AM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,640 Posts
I guess I'll never truly be a southerner..... I can, and willingly will eat just about everything that has been mentioned.... 'cept grits. I just cannot abide grits.... but my dad loves 'em!
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old May 21, 2010, 04:52 AM
delete account
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Round here, we are very very south, we deep fry native animals, mars bars and even ice cream. We are so South, that we invented a special fried food called a chiko roll, no-one is going to beat us when it comes to heart disease....

Heck, I reckon i would fit right into the south over there, or North as is from here. There aren't to many yanks about though, are there?

Edit; Sean, Wylie has sent you another O3 to build yes? Hey what happened to the last one, it didn't come to a sticky end did it, Oh no.....
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old May 21, 2010, 05:32 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Hey! Ya'll forgot one other class of food that gets fried! That class that hops! Nothing like a good batch of frog legs to munch on!

Sean and Hoss, You two are heathens! Drinking bourbon! Have you no taste? Have you no pride? Single malt Scotches are the only TRUE drinks for a storm! That blended crud is nothing more than an effort to save several bad batches of scotch by mixing them (blending) all together! For your next big storm I'd suggest a good bottle of Belveeny "Double Wood". 16 years in the oak, then it's transferred to cognac casks that have just been emptied and allowed to age in there for another two years. Great stuff! Like drinking velvet. As for the beer. Make it a Guinness stout and it won't matter what temp you drink it at. It's actually better at room temp than cold form the fridge. Also more potent. It's like warming Sake.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old May 21, 2010, 05:34 AM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
LOL I see that the "Dawn Patrol" is at it again on RCG! Morning guys!
Old May 21, 2010, 05:48 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
For your next big storm I'd suggest a good bottle of Belveeny "Double Wood". 16 years in the oak, then it's transferred to cognac casks that have just been emptied and allowed to age in there for another two years.
Psst... It's The Balvenie, lad.
http://www.thebalvenie.com/en-us/bal...Distillery.php
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl
Old May 21, 2010, 06:05 AM
delete account
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
I'm feeling a little out o my class here. Come a cyclone, and the sh_t is starting to hit the fan in a hectic way, I'll drink pretty much anything. Must be the sailor in me.

The best drink in the world for Cyclone Sustenance is Jameson, everyone knows that.. (But Mt Gay rum ain't bad either)
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old May 21, 2010, 07:12 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
We all have our favorites. Crown and Corona for me. I've tasted most everything but those two hit my taste buds just right.

LV, just give it time, we'll have ya eating grits by the bowlfull.

Steve, Wylie's OIII is alive and well. Life keeps getting in his way so he hasn't had time to finish up the tail installation and maiden.
Old May 21, 2010, 07:38 AM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,640 Posts
Since we're talking of things to eat and drink, I might be persuaded to eat some grits if they were soaked in Captain Morgan. Yes, there is a little Captain in me..... but not at the moment sadly, as I am at work!
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old May 21, 2010, 07:46 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
I'm not a rum drinker. Once I get sick on something I can never go back. Did it once on rum and once on Tequila..........once.

Grits can be dressed up a lot. I like them plain but wife makes them with a ton of cheese.
Actually a good way to dress em out is with over easy eggs, break the yolks and stir.

Back on woodie projects: Guess I'll be starting the OIIIs soon but first I have to finish up the other two Marauders and that means..........sand sand sand.
Old May 21, 2010, 08:50 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
I'm feeling a little out o my class here. Come a cyclone, and the sh_t is starting to hit the fan in a hectic way, I'll drink pretty much anything. Must be the sailor in me.

The best drink in the world for Cyclone Sustenance is Jameson, everyone knows that.. (But Mt Gay rum ain't bad either)
You know it Steve! Jameson Irish Whiskey is very smooth and'll have you laughin with buds in no time flat. I'll also +1 on Mt Gay. Another good rum is Hanna Bay.

Sean, I hear ya on the "get sick, no more of that" trip. MANY years ago, me and a bud got a bottle of Mezcal with a damn worm in it. The booze was cloudy cause the worm was decomposin and fallin apart. Talkin about sick, I woke up in my front yard about 10:00am. I didn't touch tequila for about 5 years after that
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old May 21, 2010, 11:11 AM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightowl View Post
Actually... Who cares how it's spelled? All I know is it's my favorite scotch and it's tasty! At 5AM what do you want? Good scotch or good spelling?
Old May 21, 2010, 01:34 PM
Life is Good!
Germany
Joined Apr 2005
1,200 Posts
Quote:
at 5am what do you want? Good scotch or good spelling?
lol
Tank52 is offline Find More Posts by Tank52
Old May 21, 2010, 02:11 PM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,189 Posts
Quote:
At 5AM what do you want? Good scotch or good spelling?
Tsk, tsk... I was simply urging respect for the nectar of the Gods, Scaflock.. That's all...
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl
Old May 21, 2010, 03:42 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,845 Posts
It's atay Jeff, good scotch makes for bad spellin .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells