Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 09, 2010, 12:37 PM
Groundloop World Champion
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Jan 2002
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
Only vertical grain? - what a wuss! Mine were 1/32" laminated cross grain to form 1/16" thick thingy's to make old-dudes TE V-box, as he put it.

WAIT !! You didn't sandwich any graphite between those 1/32 sheets !!
old_dude is offline Find More Posts by old_dude
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2010, 05:18 PM
Silent Wings
United States, TX, Amarillo
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Well, I hate to mention it in front of Darth.....don't read this, Jack.

I sealed my trailing edge "V" after coating the inside with sealer then took a very small hypodermic needle loaded with helium and injected each section, closing the puncture with CA. I no longer even need a winch, I just release it. Only one problem......has anyone found my Bird yet? It wouldn't come down.
Gerald
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
Old Mar 09, 2010, 05:50 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Apr 2003
1,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcoot2 View Post
Well, I hate to mention it in front of Darth.....don't read this, Jack.

I sealed my trailing edge "V" after coating the inside with sealer then took a very small hypodermic needle loaded with helium and injected each section, closing the puncture with CA. I no longer even need a winch, I just release it. Only one problem......has anyone found my Bird yet? It wouldn't come down.
Gerald

PRICELESS

Ray
Sky Bench ... Woodys For Ever
http://www.skybench.com
Ray Hayes is offline Find More Posts by Ray Hayes
Old Mar 09, 2010, 06:33 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,820 Posts
Yep... I'll have to say it again... the first liar ain't got a chance... especially with this bunch... I sure wish they'd make good on their promise to move me to Amarillo... Somebody needs to keep an eye on the Old Coot...

Darth Gasbag
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Mar 09, 2010, 07:07 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
I'm starting to think that Gerald is higher than his planes at times! But I will give him an A+ for quick thinking on that line!
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Mar 09, 2010, 07:32 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,275 Posts
I was wonderin when somebody was going to come claimin this plane that landed in my yard up here in Montana... Gerald, I'll be happy to send it back down your way as soon as you describe the particulars (wouldn't want to send it to anyone other than the rightful owner) then there's the finders fee, packaging & handling cost, shipping fees and most important... the REWARD $$$ to discuss...
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Mar 09, 2010, 11:04 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Time for some rehab Mr. G. Gone from shootin microballoons to injecting helium, that's pretty sad dude...there is help out there you know...
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Mar 10, 2010, 03:38 AM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Gerald don't you listen to them, they are only envious of your innovations.

Heck, PP just maidened his O3! and i was the last to know. Top stuff mate.

Now, the OlyIII airport has a back log of aircraft delayed in their takeoffs, we gotta get some of the runway cleared! The weathers a bit bad, I can't see who is first up at the start of the runway, it might be a black and orange aircraft, it could be a white, red and black aircraft, or it could be an as yet undiscribed OlyIII to be the first to go. Well, there is no air traffic control to help or sort this lot out, so we will see what comes out of the fog. ;P
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:21 AM
Silent Wings
United States, TX, Amarillo
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
IHAVAWDY
Since you are so honest you may keep my plane. She broke free from her fetters and wanted to journey. Use her in good health....just air out the TE "V"....otherwise she may be like a carrier pigeon and want to return to the home roost.

Steve
Any further development on the Man Cave shed?

Don
No, no, no....therapy hasn't helped yet. Pass the rum!
Gerald
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:07 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
Gerald don't you listen to them, they are only envious of your innovations.

Heck, PP just maidened his O3! and i was the last to know. Top stuff mate.

Now, the OlyIII airport has a back log of aircraft delayed in their takeoffs, we gotta get some of the runway cleared! The weathers a bit bad, I can't see who is first up at the start of the runway, it might be a black and orange aircraft, it could be a white, red and black aircraft, or it could be an as yet undiscribed OlyIII to be the first to go. Well, there is no air traffic control to help or sort this lot out, so we will see what comes out of the fog. ;P
We all know that GD is already there. C'mon GD, it's your turn dude! The Mamba has to be good to go .

Gerald, why is the rum always gone?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 05:41 PM
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcoot2 View Post
Steve
Any further development on the Man Cave shed?

Don
No, no, no....therapy hasn't helped yet. Pass the rum!
Gerald
Gerald, not yet mate, I've been a little busy fixing peoples mowers and trimmers lately after all the summer rains and new growth has tested them to far, not time yet to consider any building. In the next week I'll visit the community re-use and recycle center to look for solid wood doors and other possible bench flat bench top materials, they can be bought pretty cheap there. I remember we had a good discussion on bench tops earlier on this thread a year or two ago, I must go look for it.

It's still to much like summer to consider building, I'll wait a while yet but will have to put in an order for the Bowlus before to long.

Ho ho ho and a bottle of rum.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:30 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Time flies when you're having rum .
Old Mar 10, 2010, 09:55 PM
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
...all rum and no play, makes for a wasted building day.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:07 AM
Still hanging on the Mt. wave
Joined Jul 2008
522 Posts
Rum. Cruzan Rum from St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands. That sounds like a pretty good idea, now that the computer here seems to finally be working again for a little while. And the weather report is for SUN, SUN, SUN, highs in the 60's all week long. The last winter snowstorm just passed through and my brain can start to thaw after being fried from the weirdest computer troubleshoot I have ever encountered. Too many red herrings and coincidences to tease out the root cause easily.

Yesterday Microsoft Security Essentials says a new version is installing itself, then won't, because it turns out the old version has to be manually uninstalled. OK, that only took a half hour to figure out, but in the middle of that process, my power supply squeals and the computer reboots. Then the town's Fire Alarm goes off a few seconds later. I think someone must have run their car into a power pole somewhere in town. I had to go outside to make sure it wasn't my house that was burning down and the sky was falling. If my computer and me remain stable for more than the usual day and a half lately, I will start to visit and post here more regularly.
GDbot is offline Find More Posts by GDbot
Old Mar 11, 2010, 11:56 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Hey GD,

Have you done a surface scan of the drive to rule out any physical issues? CPU cooler nice and clean? Power supply passing any AC current (bad diodes). Just asking GD because I have chased what seems to be logical problems before and turned out to be phyical issues. When a system seems all bugged up in the registry, first I'll try Wise Registry Cleaner which is very good AND free. If that doesn't work, I save my stuff, format and reinstall.