Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:29 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Glad you made it back safe Jeff...rest easy. We had record snow here in North Texas, 12.5". Lived here all my life and never seen anything like it. Here's a short vid from my security cam on the front of my house...snowed hard for 24 hours.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post14360816

Don
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2010, 05:56 PM
Still hanging on the Mt. wave
Joined Jul 2008
523 Posts
Troubleshooting my computer is NOT! my idea of a good time. As a consolation prize I always learn something.

I decided to upgrade the RAM memory recently, and my problems increased geometrically.

Hardware/Software?

New RAM, power supply, backup battery.........?

Window XP, virus in recent update to XP, new program?, Internet browser?,.................. browser VIRUS!............................Backup and save Bookmarks (Favorites), uninstall the browser, reinstall. I ThINK I am back now.

I even pulled out the ShopVac and the air compressor to clean the inside of the computer at one point
GDbot is offline Find More Posts by GDbot
Old Feb 16, 2010, 06:50 PM
USA, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2007
536 Posts
What are the symptoms, GD? RAM can go bad, believe it or not, or can be bad right out the box sometimes.
cosmicpossum is offline Find More Posts by cosmicpossum
Old Feb 16, 2010, 07:08 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDbot View Post
Troubleshooting my computer is NOT! my idea of a good time. As a consolation prize I always learn something.

I decided to upgrade the RAM memory recently, and my problems increased geometrically.

Hardware/Software?

New RAM, power supply, backup battery.........?

Window XP, virus in recent update to XP, new program?, Internet browser?,.................. browser VIRUS!............................Backup and save Bookmarks (Favorites), uninstall the browser, reinstall. I ThINK I am back now.

I even pulled out the ShopVac and the air compressor to clean the inside of the computer at one point
I hate computers GD, used to be my passion until I got into the industry. Yup, more RAM makes everything run faster. All of your Windows error messages pop up much quicker .
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:16 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,769 Posts
Quote>I hate computers GD, used to be my passion until I got into the industry.<Quote

I have a similar story about trains...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:35 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
I have a similar story about the fairer sex.............

Just had to say that.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Feb 16, 2010, 08:44 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,769 Posts
Well... I'm still quite a fan of the fairer sex....

Just had to say that... she's lookin' over my shoulder...
Old Feb 16, 2010, 09:15 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Trains? Got runned over by a damned ole...? Better watch it Jack, them boney little fists on the back of your noggin will raise a bump you could hang a spoon on .
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:50 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
Yippeee!

I'm a bloke with an aeromodelling barn, finally. I'm now shed-proud again, the fairer sex will be impressed Not sure what impression, but an impression none the less

No internet at home 'till next week though, it'll do me good to be cyber-clensed. Won't talk about what I've been through with Telstra, the mods might send me a PM to please curtail my language.

When the local monsoon passes I'll stretch out the hi-start on the beach out the front of the new digs and try to discover the art of beach-thermalling for myself.

Good to hear from you GD, was getting worried.

Later guys.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Feb 16, 2010, 10:53 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,769 Posts
Watch those salties!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:06 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Congrats Steve on the move!

Where do I get one of those Bloke Barn Certifications?
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:30 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Way to go Steve! Shouldn't be long it'll feel like home. I'll bet you'll have wall-to-wall benches for multiple, simultaneous builds...
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:04 AM
Still hanging on the Mt. wave
Joined Jul 2008
523 Posts
Bizarre, it was a bug in some websites' code, or a virus, I don't know for sure yet. Made me think it was bad memory by locking up the whole computer, pushing the reset button on the tower was my only possible course of action. The new memory was merely a red herring coincidence that allowed the problem to manifest and magnify itself, clouding the diagnosis. It took quite a number of reboots from a locked state to suggest uninstalling the internet browser and reinstalling. Which made it all the more difficult to use the internet to help figure out how to uninstall the browser and reinstall.

Very confusing, pulling the memory and reseating in the same and different slots, one stick at a time would give me a little more time before it started locking up again. I was quite bummed for a while at the thought of sending the memory back, or reformatting the harddrive and reinstalling Windows and ALL of my programs. But everything seems to be working just fine again.

(((Do I dare reinstall my saved bookmarks now??? I think I will abandon the old profile I saved and just let a new one build itself..........)))

My relationship with computers is definitely a love/hate thing now. A parasite that I cannot live without.
GDbot is offline Find More Posts by GDbot
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:08 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,769 Posts
Qoute>A parasite that I cannot live without.<Quote

So... you MARRIED it!?!? At work, and the little girl with hard, bony little fists ain't lookin...

Jack
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:09 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,616 Posts
NOTE TO SELF:

Remember to send link to Darths' last post to Mrs Darth with a request for video footage of the impact of previously mentioned "bony little fists" against the offending husbands' head.....
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock