Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 01, 2010, 09:42 AM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Steve
I don't envy your moving, however, the new digs sound great! I agree that riding the bike will help the old body trim up. Hang in there, mate.

Jeff
Great presentation. I enjoy the lilt of the Aussie language. I spend a lot of time listening to you chaps on ham radio.

Gerald
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2010, 10:38 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
I've said it before Steve, my next move will be in a pine box. After 27 years with wifey and 3 kids, I've got 3 of everything. Well, actually just 2 of everything, the fire took 1 copy . Sounds like a great place you've scored there, convenience is the key!

Gerald, I saw your pic of the snow and I guess the wall is working but the hole is letting the cold air through. Shoot them illegals and plug the hole with their frozen asses .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Feb 01, 2010, 02:33 PM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
right on, fellow redneck!!!!
G
Old Feb 01, 2010, 04:49 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,616 Posts
I'm with you on that as well Don! I don't feel you have to be a REDNECK like Gerald implied but once I move to AZ that's going to be it. I figure the next place I'll go to will be that big hobby shop in the sky!

Edit. Just realized that my hair is too long for me to ever have a redneck anyway... Right on Right on right on! Power to the People!!!!!
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Last edited by scaflock; Feb 01, 2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Additional thought
Old Feb 01, 2010, 05:27 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,866 Posts
Thanks for the Armidale vid Jeff I. Yep I'm still putting my lotto entries in and I'd love nothing more to be able to travel and compete again, even in open class! We will see how my fortunes go this year. Hope to see you guys at Goodwood again this year fingers crossed.

Well, the deal isn't done yet so I'm not 100% sure, hope i didn't type this news in vain!
Doesn't matter either way, where I'm living is pretty nice, just no workshop but the kitchen bench, life is tough..
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Feb 01, 2010, 05:46 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,676 Posts
I guess, in life, as in models... I'm a hybrid of the followers of the force... and the dark side... I'm a red neck hippie... and my favorite music is Southern Rock... When I got drafted, I had blond hair on my shoulders, and played guitar in a rock band, and a country band...

Darth
schrederman is online now Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Feb 01, 2010, 07:19 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Joined Nov 2007
3,866 Posts
Doing an about face..

Sheesh, I was barely running around in my diapers when you Darth guys were trading guitars for guns and living in a very turbulent world, you make me feel wet behind the ears you old salts!

Building this year is going to be slow what with a possible move soon, available hobby money and god knows what else happening. I had mentioned doing an E-O2s this year, but..... the scale bug has bitten me again, darn it!
The Bowlus BA-100 Baby Albatross shortkit from skybench is looking better each time I visit the page. It'd be perfect for my local slope and i could take my time on the build this year while doing the 4.3 meter bird and mulling over the Journey.
Its a heck of a thing, the scale bug, like a persistent flu virus your system never quite gets rid of it. Has anyone had a fly of one of these, anything to say about the BB? I'd love to hear what anyone might have to say. Cheers,
steve.
Last edited by atmosteve; Feb 01, 2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: add picture
Old Feb 01, 2010, 07:24 PM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
Sheesh, I was barely running around in my diapers when you Darth guys were trading guitars for guns and living in a very turbulent world, you make me feel wet behind the ears you old salts!

Building this year is going to be slow what with a possible move soon, available hobby money and god knows what else happening. I had mentioned doing an E-O2s this year, but..... the scale bug has bitten me again, darn it!
The Baby Bowlus shortkit from skybench is looking better each time I visit the page. It'd be perfect for my local slope and i could take my time on the build this year while doing the 4.3 meter bird and mulling over the Journey.
Its a heck of a thing, the scale bug, like a persistent flu virus your system never quite gets rid of it. Has anyone had a fly of one of these, anything to say about the BB? I'd love to hear what anyone might have to say. Cheers,
steve.
That's one neat model. (and fullscale )

I wonder how well it would thermal? Or would it be a slope only ship?
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster
Old Feb 01, 2010, 09:38 PM
working to the closest cm
brisbane australia
Joined Nov 2002
2,105 Posts
Bowlus woody Scale DLG

Quote:
......this year, but..... the scale bug has bitten me again, darn it!
The Bowlus BA-100 Baby Albatross shortkit from skybench is looking better each time I visit the page. It'd be perfect for my local slope and i could take my time on the build this year while doing the 4.3 meter bird and mulling over the Journey.......
Hey Steve I'm with you on this one Had the plan and the magazine article for a while

With my obsession for pod and boom and Drela hand launch's I thought the Bowlus looked like a scale DLG

What held me back was the thought of making ribs! Good to know a short kit exists.

cheers Jeff
jirvin_4505 is online now Find More Posts by jirvin_4505
Old Feb 01, 2010, 09:52 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Joined Nov 2007
3,866 Posts
Jeff, I'm wondering about the modified Gottingen 525 airfoil for the slope and the models drag, but slow and stable is just fine by me.
Old Feb 01, 2010, 09:54 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Joined Nov 2007
3,866 Posts
Oh- I just got a phone call, the new digs approved! i got the lease.

Woohooo, its going to be building heaven at last!!
Old Feb 02, 2010, 07:09 AM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Crickey, Steve!
Gerald
Old Feb 02, 2010, 11:33 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,081 Posts
Quote:
Oh- I just got a phone call, the new digs approved! i got the lease.

Woohooo, its going to be building heaven at last!!

What's the new address? I'll send a few kits down. Congrads on the new homestead!!
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Feb 02, 2010, 12:55 PM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,118 Posts
Congrats, Steve!
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl
Old Feb 02, 2010, 01:43 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Good for you Steve! You ain't gettin any younger so watch the back! You know, you only have one back and when it's F'd up, it's F'd up for good...
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells