Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:48 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Hey Jeff, this is all Gerald's fault because I asked him, last year, to build a 40,000', 800 mile long weather wall and he won't get off his duff and get started . I just looked outside and our rain has turned to ice just like they said it would...rassin frassin .

Yeah, and PP hasn't helped either by draggin his bad juju southward .
Clouding up here right and about to get a lttle nasty. Thanks for clearing it up Don. I was trying to decide who to blame all this on.
Thanks a LOT, Gerald.

seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:59 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
No problem Sean, I've been after him for a while. All I ever get is " look out Don, it'll be hittin ya in about 4 hours".....what a rip .

BTW, did you ever dig out that old dead hard drive?
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Jan 29, 2010, 01:46 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Hey Jeff, this is all Gerald's fault because I asked him, last year, to build a 40,000', 800 mile long weather wall and he won't get off his duff and get started . I just looked outside and our rain has turned to ice just like they said it would...rassin frassin .

Yeah, and PP hasn't helped either by draggin his bad juju southward .
Yeah... Blame the old coot! Everyone else does! Last I heard they were getting hammered in his area. Guess he's got no one else to blame but himself. Now when he does get around to it, I understand that there's been some modifications to the plan. There's to be an elevator included so one can get to the top to do some SERIOUS slope flying off the top. That would be the closest thing to a slope in his neck of the woods and all the slope pilots will help to defer the cost over runs.... Yeah... RIGHT!

Painter is in the same boat I've been in. When I moved out here the weather was wacko (by local standards) for a few years. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the humidity and usual inversion layer that keeps the really big boomers from forming doesn't follow me out to Arizona this spring! That would just ruin my day in the worst way....
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Jan 29, 2010, 02:27 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,616 Posts
I thought I should send this to Gerald. Now he won't have any excuse for not getting that wall done...
Old Jan 29, 2010, 02:49 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
LMAO ...the biggest I've ever seen!
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Jan 29, 2010, 06:05 PM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
What a bunch of weiners!!

Suck it up fellas! We only got 11" of snow and ice with temps way down there, but you don't hear me whinin'. Hell, I used to walk through this stuff for a livin' and when I was younger I would walk in it to school....2 miles, and uphill both ways!
I built the dang wall Don....only thing is that the illegals knocked holes in it.
Thanks Steve for the tuit.....I copied that sucker and I plan to use the devil out of it.
Gerald
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
Old Jan 29, 2010, 06:12 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,025 Posts
Quote:
No problem Sean, I've been after him for a while. All I ever get is " look out Don, it'll be hittin ya in about 4 hours".....what a rip .

BTW, did you ever dig out that old dead hard drive?
Hey Don,

Haven't been back over to the storage place in a while. I figure it's probably a lost cause but when I get it I'll PM ya'.

Speaking of PMs Don, I am sending you one in a minute, looks about 50/50 right now that I'll be over in your neck of the woods on the last weekend in April for a flying weekend.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 29, 2010, 07:03 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
Hey chaps, don't no-one get me extricated in your ongoing weather wars, I'm WAY to far south to be incurred in your wage of weather favors. In fact I will gladly trade you a few days of stalled, humid, dank wet tropical air for the uplifting and invigorating cool fresh air you are all moaning about like a bunch of little kids.

No flying Patches the OlyIII for a few weeks now Don, maybe tomorrow morning if the seabreeze doesn't happen, If it does I'm hitting the slope with glass. Last time i flew thermal it was one of those rare constantly active days when you think to yourself- 'Gee, this thermalling business is an easy caper, almost any nonce could do it'... It was hard not to find lift!! Next time i fly i will probably struggle to keep my gliders up for 6 minutes all day LOL! It can go like that hey.

All you fellows will love flying your OlyIII. Set the CG and hook as Ray gives on plan and you should have a fuss free maiden flight. Trim it slowly to suit your local field and weather of any flying day and you will soon be rewarded with many hours of relaxed and enjoyable thermalling time. I haven't experienced a whole bunch of them yet but its hard to think of a better value for money woody kit glider for that price in its wingspan class.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jan 29, 2010, 07:10 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcoot2 View Post
I built the dang wall Don....only thing is that the illegals knocked holes in it.
Thanks Steve for the tuit.....I copied that sucker and I plan to use the devil out of it.
Gerald
Well if you'd look again you'd see that the "Tuit" wasn't sent by our favorite Aussie. IT came from the crazy Irishman in Georgia. Guess the old age is catching up with the old coot!

Jeff
Last edited by scaflock; Jan 29, 2010 at 07:12 PM. Reason: fumble fingers....again
Old Jan 29, 2010, 07:13 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
I wasn't going to point that out Jeff, figured the cold had finally got to the oldcoot and he had lost his senses. Last thing I want to do is PO a good old boy from Texas, they don't mess around with fools. :eek
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:26 PM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Ha ha.....my eyeballs were frozen. Sorry for the screw up Jeff. You will get the acclaim for the work.
By the way...I like the new avatar.
Gerald
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:33 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,744 Posts
Watabunchawimps! I've been on the road since about 4 this morning running generators to sites without power... We have our own brand of "Ice Road Truckers" in Texas... one of them almost swatted me into the ditch when he nearly lost it going by me at about 60 mph... I've been cold all dadgum day, and now I'm stuck in Amarillo at the Holiday Inn instead of being home workin' on the Journey... Like Gerald says... stop whining...

Tounge in cheek, of course...

Steve... I wish I could spend our summers up here, and your summers down under... I hate winter!

Not woody related, but I just posted pics of the 4-meter Xploder...

Jack
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Jan 30, 2010, 09:25 AM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
Clouds... (2 min 36 sec)

I was bored, and threw the camera outside for 15min on the tri-pod. Came out pretty neat.
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster
Old Feb 01, 2010, 06:47 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Joined Nov 2007
3,870 Posts
Nice in an abstract way TD, what you been smoking?? lol! It's good to be young, if even at heart.

Man, I'm moving house by the looks of it. I'm giving up my dark night skies for a place closer to the big smoke, pop 50,000, 30 minutes away. The pluses involve less travel time on the highway in and out each day, a double lock up garage with a built in workshop behind the garage, the beach shack house being 50 meters from the sea and ahem.. only 250 meters from my local seaside slope. I'd like to lose 12 Kg's in weight, so riding my yet to be rebuilt pushbike in and out of town from this new place will help, its only 5K's into Hervey Bay. So, the dreaded task of packing and organising myself will be tackled this week, but at least it's only 40 minutes away. I'm looking forward to the excercise part with riding my old pushbike more often, nice thing is the 8Km long bike path that stretches the entire seaside Esplanade, its popular with locals and visitors alike.
Old Feb 01, 2010, 07:01 AM
working to the closest cm
brisbane australia
Joined Nov 2002
2,121 Posts
Hey Steve he is a video of some Woodies that made it to the Armidale 30th Sailplane expo.

As a special event the organizers scheduled a nostalgia class..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post14227788

Enjoy cheers Jeff
jirvin_4505 is online now Find More Posts by jirvin_4505