Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:13 AM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Ha, ha

Don
Talk about making use of what is at hand! I can see the dominoes and the socket, but what in hell is in those bowls? Fella, you need to put some hot sauce in those bowls so the fumes can wick into the balsa....just make sure you get them balanced with the other tip in the degree of heat.
Gerald
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:55 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Hey Gerald,

Oh, those are just little containers of dry rice. Had an old 5lb bag and thought I'd use it for little weights. The little cups came from a 2000 count case when we had a Jello shot party a few years ago...I hate Jello shots. Nothing like a little green Jello snot wad floating in vodka...yukky poo .

Don
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Jan 25, 2010, 04:09 PM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Damn! That's about as revolting as sucking down oyster snot.....whew!
Gerald
Old Jan 25, 2010, 05:15 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,871 Posts
Speaking of sucking down oyster snot, that's just what a couple of pals and I have been doing the past two days, out collecting oysters and scallops from the fringing reefs around here. One of the spots is right below my local slope. Mmmm, love oyster and scallop meat, but we've ran out of ways to cook and eat them! Well, its only once a year.

Gerald,
I'm developing a theory, I'm starting to think Don keeps on building OlyIII wing panels, he might have about 3 complete wings built by now judging by all of Don's good pics. Its only a theory though, what do you think?

Only kidding around, Don. The pics are the best thing on the forum boards woody build logs.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jan 25, 2010, 06:35 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
That's too cool Steve to harvest your own goodies. I have to admit I'm a oyster and scallop lovin fool. At least 2 dozen oysters every Saturday night, sometimes 3 if I've really got the munchies . We shy away from them in the hot months because you have to worry about disease. They say they'll give you everything but white mice . Just fry them oysters up and throw them in the freezer. Next time you want a po boy sandwich, throw them in a toaster oven and bring them up a bit. Mmmm, oysters on a hogie roll, spicy hot cole slaw on top and your favorite brew in a frosty mug...damn!

I wish I had 3 sets of wings, I should have a dozen by now . Oh well, I've been hurrying for family, home and work all my life and it'll put the miles on you for sure. I ain't in no hurry on this, it's the best relaxation therapy I've ever had. It's like when take a bite, or a drink , of something and you just want savor the flavor...it's what I needed. She'll be ready by Spring for sure if I triple my efforts .
Last edited by dwells; Jan 25, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 07:41 PM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,234 Posts
Steve: I use to be a chef... Pick me up at the airport.... I'll be arriving in 24 hrs... I'll be easy to spot, I'm the one with the bib & the hot sauce!
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:11 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,871 Posts
Righto IHAVAWDY, I'll try to keep some. We did really well today on a new patch of reef, harvesting a full daily quota by freediving. Just got back home and have some left over for tonight just for you... to cook them for me and teach me the tricks

Don, truth is i wouldn't be keen on finishing your OlyIII and flying it in the heart of winter either!! It sounds like something look forward to when you thaw out, it'll be much more pleasant for sure!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Last edited by atmosteve; Jan 26, 2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: add picture
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:07 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Steamed pysters cooked directly on coals. I do that about once every two months. Fry them a good bit. Raw when it's cold out.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 26, 2010, 08:35 AM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Thanks fellas....you can have my ration of oysters. Now clam chowder is another story.....I'll wrestle ya for mine!

Don
Go ahead with the wings....I have a couple of fiberglass fuse's here that we can modify and create the CGF (Confederate Glider Force) and kick some butt in the RES contests.
Gerald
Old Jan 26, 2010, 11:17 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,616 Posts
Ya'll can have the oysters. I just want the shells for my inlay projects! Cut and shaped it looks really good against a dark wood like ebony or walnut.

Hummmm.... Maybe I should build up a Baby Bowlus with a Walnut fuselage and do some inlay work on it. If nothing else I can promise you that would be something different!
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Jan 26, 2010, 02:23 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Steve
Those are beauties for sure. I guess a fellow could get tired of them after a while, I've never had the chance.

Gerald
You make me laugh out loud you old coot . CGF..."long live the south" .

Jeff
You could inlay the shell on the LE and see it from altitude. No need for reflecting tape, and, it's enviro friendly .
Old Jan 26, 2010, 02:34 PM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Now THAT my friend is one hell of an idea!!
Mother of Pearl leading edge.....dang right. The effect in the sun
would be fantabulous, and if sliced thinly enough the weight gain
would really be minimal.
For sure, it would be the only one in the world of its kind.
Jump on it Jeff!
Gerald
Old Jan 26, 2010, 03:04 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,840 Posts
Perfect! Steve, go ahead and eat the oysters, no need to rinse the shells. Pile all them stinkers loose in a box and set it outside in the sun for DHL to pick up and ship to Jeff, I'll pay for shipping .
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:26 PM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Don
DHL or whatever shipping company is gonna LOVE you and Steve!
Jeff
Okay, pard.....there you go! No backing out now.
Gerald
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:44 PM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Hey
I know we were just horsin' around, but on a whim I looked up Mother of Pearl strips. By golly you can get Awabi strips .004 thick and in 5 by 9 sheets for just over 9 bucks. Blew my mind!