Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 09, 2010, 10:37 PM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
Wanderer AV (2 min 23 sec)

Finally flew the Wanderer with the camera and motor pod. Was windy as heck, but came back in one piece.
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2010, 03:29 PM
Fly it all!!
Gerlach Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
372 Posts
Loved the falling snow!!!

Way to go TD!!!
teamtwisty is offline Find More Posts by teamtwisty
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:10 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
I must say TD, you are hard core dude .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Jan 11, 2010, 02:20 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Awww.... That's just the folly of youth Don. Give him a few more years and once he learns he's not so indestructible he'll be just like us. Looking for a warm place to build during the winter,
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Jan 11, 2010, 03:32 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
I hear ya Jeff. When you're 18, you fall and you bounce. When you're 50, you fall and you stick . I had a cycling accident (drunk) 2 years ago and fell over kinda like the dude on Laugh-In (if you remember) on the tricycle. Seperated AC on the right side, 18 months to heal. God I wish I was 18 again .
Old Jan 11, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,779 Posts
Don... in a way you ARE 18... I mean at that stage in life where it takes 18 months to heal...

I'm probably 24 and just don't know it!

Jack
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Jan 11, 2010, 05:08 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Of course I remember the guy on Laugh-In! What do you think I am? Some kind of young pup?

One thing I've figured out is that a lot of those so called "minor injuries" that we have when young have a very bad habit of coming back to haunt you when you get older. I wiped out on a 10 speed when I was about 22-23 and I shrugged it off. Well at least until I hit about 45 when I started having shoulder problems. Now days I tend to stay away from things that could do serious injury. If it takes longer to heal than a shaving nick then I'm just not interested thank you.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Jan 11, 2010, 05:11 PM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock View Post
Of course I remember the guy on Laugh-In! What do you think I am? Some kind of young pup?

One thing I've figured out is that a lot of those so called "minor injuries" that we have when young have a very bad habit of coming back to haunt you when you get older. I wiped out on a 10 speed when I was about 22-23 and I shrugged it off. Well at least until I hit about 45 when I started having shoulder problems. Now days I tend to stay away from things that could do serious injury. If it takes longer to heal than a shaving nick then I'm just not interested thank you.
Well then I'm screwed when I get older.

I've been playing goalie in lacrosse for a while now. I've gotten a lot of injuries from that. Can't wait till it hurts...
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster
Old Jan 11, 2010, 05:36 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,073 Posts
Left knee = motorcycle accident
Right knee = skateboard fall

Both happened about 35 years ago. They healed when it happened, never a complaint......until I hit my early 40's. Now I wake up to them every morning.

I was listening to a comedian the other day and he told how he used to laugh at his dad every morning when he said "owww.......I slept wrong!" "Now, how can you screw that up???? Well, you can....and do".
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:40 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
Don... in a way you ARE 18... I mean at that stage in life where it takes 18 months to heal...

I'm probably 24 and just don't know it!

Jack
Well don't do anything to find out. I can't believe Gerald still tears ass on that dirt bike .
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:52 AM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
There's a good reason to fly woodies i just thought of, they won't hurt you as much as a mouldie if they hit you. Well, reading all of this has been heartening... having turned 41 last month, wear and tear is starting to rear its ugly head.

Lol, for some reason, I can't see Gerald laying out a lot of roost on his winch bike. But then, you never know, we've all seen stranger things I guess.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jan 12, 2010, 01:37 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
I know what you mean Steve but I think he's a tough old mule. I can pretty much picture him throttling across the field throwing everywhere . Probably got Jack's new mouldie all dusty and gritty

P.S. Happy Birthday Dude!!!!!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 03:24 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,779 Posts
He'd better NOT get my new moldie all dirty! As old and crusty as he is, I'd hate to think about tryin' to whoop him... he's pretty salty...

Jack
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:48 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
Yup, them wise old gentlemen will have you distracted with one hand as they bop the out of you with the other...don't ask me how I know .

BTW Jack, your Journey build is rockin dude!!! I love the bent wood, you're a builder's builder for sure.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 09:27 AM
Joined Jun 2005
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
I hear ya Jeff. When you're 18, you fall and you bounce. When you're 50, you fall and you stick . I had a cycling accident (drunk) 2 years ago and fell over kinda like the dude on Laugh-In (if you remember) on the tricycle. Seperated AC on the right side, 18 months to heal. God I wish I was 18 again .
I had one of those "moments" just a little over a month ago. Somehow I missed the bottom step right outside my condo, took a flyer and landed full force on my right upper arm/shoulder. Hurt like hell but you shake these things off, right? Well, it soon became apparent that wasn't going to happen so I bopped on over to emergency. Turns out I had a hairline fracture of the humerus just below the shoulder socket (it took a half dozen x-rays to locate). No cast was needed, just a sling, but even after a month of healing, physical therapy exercises and lots of Tylenol I still have only partial rotation and limited arm strength.
Frunobulax is offline Find More Posts by Frunobulax