Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 05, 2009, 10:18 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
^ To right, can't wait to hear about the WC flight reports and good stuff GDborg. I'm still interested in this one, but there's no hurry I'm up to my neck already in 'gottado's' GD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Hope you had a great on the field, sounds like it was a beautiful day for it.
It was Don, ideal if a little breezy. Funny thing though was that I couldn't find any lift to save myself this morning, out of 8 launches i spent less than 30 minutes in the air, only one flight approached 10 minutes. Not even Patches did anything unusual today, that in itself is unusual!
Oh well, i suppose it serves me right, I posted a pic of the tropical weather here at home over at the brewers- while you poor devils in the northern hemisphere are freezing yer knackers off. Instant karma......
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2009, 06:50 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
^ To right, can't wait to hear about the WC flight reports and good stuff GDborg. I'm still interested in this one, but there's no hurry I'm up to my neck already in 'gottado's' GD.

It was Don, ideal if a little breezy. Funny thing though was that I couldn't find any lift to save myself this morning, out of 8 launches i spent less than 30 minutes in the air, only one flight approached 10 minutes. Not even Patches did anything unusual today, that in itself is unusual!
Oh well, i suppose it serves me right, I posted a pic of the tropical weather here at home over at the brewers- while you poor devils in the northern hemisphere are freezing yer knackers off. Instant karma......
I know what you mean Steve when it comes to a day in the sink. That's OK, it's still fun. I usually switch gears on a day like that and lay out my tape for LSF landings. The up and down makes for great practice . 1.5m landings are hard for me in the wind, which is always present. Hell, they're hard for me no matter what .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Dec 06, 2009, 06:57 AM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Bot
I guess the 2 could mean "also", but when I signed on in '05 Oldcoot was already taken.
Uhhh, I don't believe I want to be branding Moneykote with a hot branding iron. Hmm, a cutout like I did on my LB would work.

Steve
At least you got out there. 10 minutes ain't too shabby....some of mine are 2 1/2 to 3 minutes in nothing but sink.

26 degrees here on Glider Sunday with a North wind at 12mph......no flyin' again.

Gerald
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
Old Dec 06, 2009, 09:59 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,779 Posts
Yep... another Glider Sunday shot to hades... Oh well, I've started a new Houston Hawk, and the Journey ribs will be here any day, now. I have to get my work area cleaned up to accommodate 2 builds going on at once.

Jack
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Dec 06, 2009, 04:43 PM
Still hanging on the Mt. wave
Joined Jul 2008
523 Posts
Just a quick update

We worked on the built up trailing edge this afternoon, but the pics are still on his camera, and he is not quite done yet. Soon, I will update this.

We have been experimenting with very small amounts of polyurethane glue applied carefully. Pretty happy with the results, though the jury might still be out till it gets weighed at the end. We agonize for minutes and minutes trying to figure out the best glue and technique sometimes. Potential warp from carpenter glue in some steps, excessive P.U. glue foaming in others, brittleness of C.A. glue on thin trailing edges, etc. We try to balance all the pros and cons. This is turning into a very exciting build process for me and the Borg.

One of his and my sister's cats jumped up on the table where the Leading Edge dried safely all night long and snapped one rib in two at the weak little hole. It only took us 10 minutes to carefully crazy glue it back to where it was supposed to be, but now we know it will fly right off the building board. Pre-crash, that's our motto. More soon....bot and borg
GDbot is offline Find More Posts by GDbot
Old Dec 06, 2009, 04:51 PM
Silent Wings
Amarillo, TX
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
And is the (&^%*()%$ cat still alive?
Gerald
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
Old Dec 06, 2009, 05:01 PM
Still hanging on the Mt. wave
Joined Jul 2008
523 Posts
It was only one rib! Of course the black cat is still alive! Wait till I get around to the rest of the story about his little clone.
GDbot is offline Find More Posts by GDbot
Old Dec 07, 2009, 10:28 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcoot2 View Post
And is the (&^%*()%$ cat still alive?
Gerald
That was gonna be my question Mr. G . I'm anxious to see more of the wing structure GD, it looks to be very light. Are you going to roll a fuse or what?

Don
Old Dec 07, 2009, 01:29 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,779 Posts
OOOHHHHH!!!! Dee Dee said the ribs came in today... I decided to do the build log on the groups, instead of on my blog... I hope to have a Journey flying by the end of January. Should be fun... I'll build the wings this weekend... maybe...
Old Dec 07, 2009, 02:25 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
OOOHHHHH!!!! Dee Dee said the ribs came in today... I decided to do the build log on the groups, instead of on my blog... I hope to have a Journey flying by the end of January. Should be fun... I'll build the wings this weekend... maybe...
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old Dec 07, 2009, 03:19 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
Quote:
Sweetness!!! I have this weird feeling that a kit will come from this . Short by June, full by December....oh yeah.....
Old Dec 07, 2009, 03:40 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,779 Posts
DT56... No beer with that popcorn?
Old Dec 07, 2009, 03:45 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,688 Posts
Quote:
DT56... No beer with that popcorn?

Beer makes me see crooked and then I build an automatic turn feature into my fuselages!
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old Dec 07, 2009, 03:55 PM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT56 View Post
Beer makes me see crooked and then I build an automatic turn feature into my fuselages!
Psst... that's the way you always build a freeflight model.
TheNightowl is online now Find More Posts by TheNightowl
Old Dec 07, 2009, 06:08 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightowl View Post
Psst... that's the way you always build a freeflight model.
By drinking beer?

seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola