Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 11, 2009, 02:36 PM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,171 Posts
Well, depending on what part of the world you're in, it's already Monday some places (though there's a little over 8 hours to go yet in our time zone)... Still...

Happy Birthday, Schrederman! Thermals!

Nightowl
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2009, 06:11 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
JW, did you get any nice RC B'day presies?

When I logged onto RCG this morning I saw this add, and thought of you for some reason..
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Oct 11, 2009, 07:39 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,078 Posts
Don,

I tend to be extremely paranoid on batteries. In reality, the smaller packs are probably fine as most of us don't actually have the tx on that much during a flying day. I got into that habit as I'm my boss' "flying buddy/mechanic/battery guru" and he spends more time programming than he does flying. So, for every minute he's in the air he has probably spent 20 on the ground cussing and running through menus. If he crashes from battery failure I'm gonna get "the look".
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Oct 11, 2009, 09:11 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,648 Posts
Quote:
for every minute he's in the air he has probably spent 20 on the ground cussing and running through menus

Sounds like an Army heli pilot I once knew. He was famous for ripping one of the little stab things off of his helicopters and handing it to the mechanics then cussing them out because "if it breaks down here, I'm not F*&^%$#@ flying it up there!"
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Oct 11, 2009, 09:40 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
Thanks Sean,

I was thinking about getting a little heftier Rx battery anyway. My Oly is 2.4 and the specs on the Rx show it uses about 20% more power than my FM stuff I've been flying. Can't risk it, it would be stupid for a $12.00 battery.
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:02 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,779 Posts
Well... in about 3 hours, I'll officially be 58 years OLD... Thanks again for the kind thoughts and words. I got $35.00 from my mother-in-law. I spent $53.00 on some .070 CF push rod kits. I may pay dearly for that... remember the reference to the Minister of Finance having hard, bony little fists. Perhaps I can convince her that I'm ADHD and slightly dyslectic. Of course, she'll be gone for at least another 4 weeks taking care of her mother, but deception seems to add to her fury... I'm sure she'd notice the $2,000.00 charge if I bought what I want... which is an Xplorer 3.8...

Oh, the blasphemy of it... mentioning my lust for a new moldie here on the woodie page... Hey! Gimme a break... whose birthday is it, anyway?

Y'all come back, now... hear?

Darth, Crusty, Chubby Hubby, Bud, Dee Dee's Baby Boy, etc... AKA Jack

PS: As the youngest of 10 kids, I had more nick names than anyone I ever knew... some not so nice...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:20 AM
Joined May 2004
1,499 Posts
Happy Birthday Jack!
Geeeeessshhhh, and here I thought I was the youngest kid on the block!
I turned 58 back on the 23rd of January.
Well,I gotta go, my rockin chair seat is gittin cold!!!

Gitttttinnnnn dang right cold here in northern Indiana lately!
I'd buy a couple new toys to fly too, but I ainnta got no room fer em, I'm hiding a bunch of kits fer my buddy in my shop, so his better half don't know about them.
Everytime the rascal turns his puter on, it somehow just goes to Ebay and the "Buy It Now" thing just goes berserk
I figure I'll go over and pull his main power breaker, otherwise them little brown trucks and them Fed Ex trucks will keep puttin ruts in my driveway!

Bout them thar nick names, been there too, got the T-shirt!
Been called a lot of nicknames, Sky King, Propeller head, Lil Ed, Potty Grunt Head ( settin on the fence tryin to make a dollar out of 15 cents!)
"Balsa Boy" Astro Nut just to name a few
Well they can say all the names they want, but "they" never set in the left seat of a real B-17 , much less fly it for awhile, nor the right seat of a Ford Tri-Motor, nor do "they" have several hundred hours as PIC of an Ercoupe.
ErcoupeEd is online now Find More Posts by ErcoupeEd
Last edited by ErcoupeEd; Oct 12, 2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 03:22 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
Shoot Jack, you're 58?...you're in your prime dude. I think since it's your birthday and all, you should get what you want. Order the glass slipper and get some Neosporin, the kind with pain reliever, for them knuckle sandwiches you'll be munchin on . Pain only last so long and then you forget about it anyhow...

Cheers,

Don
Old Oct 12, 2009, 03:53 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
Building on a Monday...life is good . Just a couple shots for grins, playing dominoes with ribs and shear webbing, all is flat right now.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 04:49 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Jack is just doing his best to make the rest of us feel like puppies is all. I know we've got some other guys hanging out around here that make him look like a pup so in truth he's only middle of the road. As long as you can still see the planes at height you're not too old Jack. Even then glasses work wonders. Heck... I'm pushing 52 now but feel like 102 on some days and 22 on others. I'm just confused is all. HAPPY Birthday again Jack. You've got about 15 more years before you're allowed to join the Codgers Club BTW so relax!
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Oct 12, 2009, 05:41 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,779 Posts
Pain only last so long and then you forget about it anyhow...

You guys are always here for me... right? I guess I could call from a skin bar and tell her I'm ordering a new 'Vette and going middle-aged crazy... Then a coupla Gs won't sound too bad. It's that reverse psychology thang, ya know... Whaddayathank?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 05:51 PM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman

You guys are always here for me... right? I guess I could call from a skin bar and tell her I'm ordering a new 'Vette and going middle-aged crazy... Then a coupla Gs won't sound too bad. It's that reverse psychology thang, ya know... Whaddayathank?
How comfortable is your couch?
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster
Old Oct 12, 2009, 06:03 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman

Right own Vas! It's all about how you play the cards...you can do this... .
Old Oct 12, 2009, 06:10 PM
ahh crap! crunch..
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,873 Posts
Fortune favors the brave! carpe diem!

A nice shiny new glider and absolutely no time to fly it while crossing off 5 pages of 'honey-do's ' for the next year.

Don, you are looking like an old hand now with building that Oly, love those lead dominos.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Oct 12, 2009, 09:20 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,779 Posts
Carpe diem... Probably would be carpe dead man!