Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:57 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Konuch
How do you apply the Titebond glue in smaller spaces? Do you guys apply the glue right out of the bottle or do you use something else?

Best regards.

A really handy tool I use is a syringe. The plastic disposable type with long tapered snout. These don't have the threaded socket for medical needles. Also, I keep a plastic cup with water in it. Between building sessions I just stand the syringe in the cup and the water keeps the glue from curing and stopping up the syringe.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2009, 09:02 AM
Silent Wings
United States, TX, Amarillo
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Ohhhh!

Steve
I really admire the airfoil on that eighth picture!!!!
Gerald
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
Old Sep 30, 2009, 09:05 AM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Gerald
Silky smooth mate, silky smooth to watch move through the air.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Sep 30, 2009, 09:23 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcoot2
Steve
I really admire the airfoil on that eighth picture!!!!
Gerald

Quite aerodynamic, extremely low drag with a potential for generating tremendous lift.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Sep 30, 2009, 09:36 AM
Winnipeg, Canada
Joined Mar 2006
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Konuch
How do you apply the Titebond glue in smaller spaces? Do you guys apply the glue right out of the bottle or do you use something else?

Best regards.

Another tool I have used to control the application of Titebond in tight spaces is a small watercolor paintbrush. The paintbrush makes it easy to control both how much glue is applied and exactly where it is applied. After a gluing session, the glue washes out of the brush in a couple of seconds under running water.

Ward
WEB01 is offline Find More Posts by WEB01
Old Sep 30, 2009, 10:01 AM
Speed cost money.
United States, FL, Marathon
Joined Dec 2002
3,045 Posts
This is what I use to apply glue. Works in pretty tight spots. You can blot up extra with paper towel if you are really trying to get something clean.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX9164&P=7

Highflier
highflier is offline Find More Posts by highflier
Old Sep 30, 2009, 11:46 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Sweeeeeet pic Glen, oops, I mean picS Glen . She's a real keeper there Steve and the plane's not so bad either . Really, Slopey looks great in the air, congrats on the build and successful flights.

OMG, why did I do it . I'm totally ragged out today. I had Metallica in-the-round for dinner last night. The T-Shirt only cost me $32.00, 100 million brain cells and partial hearing loss. These guys know how to ROCK! My head hurts...
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Sep 30, 2009, 02:14 PM
Silent Wings
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Don
So, your repeated reply today is "HUH?"

Regarding the glue comments....for my Titebond I load up a slightly diluted mix in my veterinarian syringe and detatchable needle. I ground the sharp tip off that needle to prevent me from getting glued together. With the larger needle cleaning is not quite the problem of a smaller one.

Sean
Loco motion on that airframe of Steve's!

Gerald
Old Sep 30, 2009, 02:41 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Huh?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:22 PM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Loud

You still have brain cells to sacrifice Don? Lucky you! I'd never get away with it these days.

Well, at least someone out there is giving your new home hifi system some competiton, thats some stack of speakers there, heavy #### !!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Oct 01, 2009, 09:07 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve
You still have brain cells to sacrifice Don? Lucky you! I'd never get away with it these days.

Well, at least someone out there is giving your new home hifi system some competiton, thats some stack of speakers there, heavy #### !!
Yeah, I'm definitely too old for this stuff Steve but it was a good show. Matt, the buddy of mine I told you about that passed, bought these tickets before he died. His mom found the tickets in his room and brought them to us. We had to go in his honor, I know he would have wanted us to .

Don
Old Oct 01, 2009, 07:10 PM
Still hanging on the Mt. wave
Joined Jul 2008
522 Posts
Irresistible!

Only have a few moments at the moment, I will do my best to add more later this evening. This is the little plane the Borg and I are starting. He will try to make progress while on the road in the truck, and I will try to make progress on my OLY 3 (and try to not let this get in the way of finishing up the OLY.)

It's a Woodchuck, Page 2, post 11

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1098945
GDbot is offline Find More Posts by GDbot
Last edited by GDbot; Oct 01, 2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2009, 09:05 AM
Silent Wings
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
GD
Now there's a catchy name for a hand launch glider...."Woodchuck". I like it.

Took the JDLBSP to our monthly club meeting last night. Lots of "OHS and AHS." Won model of the month.

Still standing by for improved weather (less wind) so David and I can maiden this beauty.

Gerald
Old Oct 02, 2009, 10:37 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Congrats on Model-of-the-Month Gerald!!! I'll bet there were lot's of comments, it's a beautiful ship, no doubt. I'm afraid there'll be no flying here this weekend, wind and rain are on the venue .

Don
Old Oct 02, 2009, 11:13 AM
Still hanging on the Mt. wave
Joined Jul 2008
522 Posts
Maybe you can catch up to me on the OLY 3 build a little Don, since there won't be any flying there this weekend. Just hoping.

One of the things that attracted us to the Woodchuck was its similarities to the OLY 2S and 3. 3014 airfoil, D-box leading edge and built up trailing edge. It is small enough to be reasonable to build in a truck on the road and can be packed in a small container and flown just about anywhere, anytime that is convenient. The downside is it is TINY! 1/32 sheeting for the D-box and built up T.E. Oh Well. Can't have everything. More pics of the fuse construction later.
GDbot is offline Find More Posts by GDbot