Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:50 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
Those trout are always prettier when they're gutted, gilled, and grilled!
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2009, 08:55 AM
delete account
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Smoked trout, done in a little kipper nipper with dried hickory or spotted gum sawdust, it doesn't get any better.
Yellowstone must be an amazing place, the worlds first ever national park reserve, what a place it must be to fly!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Sep 28, 2009, 09:32 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Hayes
From Georgia to Montanna ... WOW. That calls for a new wardrobe.
True... But I can handle cold much easier than heat and humidity. You can always put more clothes on. In the heat, you can only take so much off and not end up in jail.

Also thanks for the tip on Les' shop. I'm going to be needing a new LHS to say the least.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Sep 28, 2009, 06:00 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock
In the imortal words of Frank Zappa.... I think I'l head up to Montana and raise me a herd of dental floss...

Moving to Montana soon
Gonna be a dental floss tycoon?

You leaving Jeff?
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Sep 28, 2009, 06:11 PM
delete account
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
I'd imagine that a fellow would have plenty of chance to slope soar in Montana?
Jeff, thats a radical move! Is the transam going with you.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 09:04 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola
Moving to Montana soon
Gonna be a dental floss tycoon?

You leaving Jeff?
yeah.... Soon as my brother and sister buy me out on my portion of the property in San Diego I'm going to be hitting the road. I've had it with the heat and humidity in the southeast and I've already got a line of a great piece of property just outside of Sandpoint, Idaho. 15 wooded acres, small house w/2 fireplaces and I'll be able to turn the entire place into a man-cave!!!!! All for aprox $75,000 Well worth the cost of admission if you ask me. I'll be paying for it cash on the barrel head so no payments other than yearly taxes which ain't squat. Like I told Ray before.... I can always put more clothes on if it gets cold. You can only take so much off down here and not go to jail. Must be a bible belt thing.

Plus if I want to build on the kitchen table there's not going to be anyone to tell me I can't!!!! Pure heaven! I might even put some of Garys' hybrid balsa trees in. Lots of ridges in the area for slope flying and a couple of clubs that do soaring. Huge lake for fishing so I'll be set. Not really that far to places like Yellowstone or Spokane.

Of course I'm talking late spring or early summer before I head out. Plenty of time for you Hoss and myself to get into plenty of trouble before I go.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 09:11 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve
I'd imagine that a fellow would have plenty of chance to slope soar in Montana?
Jeff, thats a radical move! Is the transam going with you.
Not just no but H#LL NO! A TransAm would be one step removed from worthless there. I'm looking at getting a Ford F-150 4X4 set up for a snow plow. Besides... That's Sharons car and since she's not going with me......

Look at that area (Sandpoint, Idaho USA) on Google earth and you can see PLENTY of places for slope flying. A lot of it is National park land or forest service land. Some of those mountains would let you fly a brick if you can mount controls on it.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 09:24 PM
delete account
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Ok Jeff, well then we will have lots to look forward to from the pen of Scaflock in the future with thermaling and sloping, googling the area its pretty spectacular. F-150 would be the go, they are always popular over here to, can't kill 'em.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 09:33 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Steve,
PM me your e-mail address. I'll send you a pic of the house I'm looking at.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 09:41 PM
delete account
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Righto, I've got google earth up as i type- Thanks for the reminder about it I hadn't yet installed it on the new home PC.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 09:50 PM
Thermal Naked!
United States, AL, Mobile
Joined Dec 2007
1,655 Posts
Jeff,
I know where you can buy a NICE Jeep Rubicon that's never been off-roaded (yet). That way I can come visit you and my Jeep AND do some slope soaring someday. Don't s'pose I could talk you into just taking me and my Jeep? I'm kind of tired of "air you can wear" also.

Hoss
Hossfly72 is offline Find More Posts by Hossfly72
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:02 PM
delete account
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock
Look at that area (Sandpoint, Idaho USA) on Google earth and you can see PLENTY of places for slope flying. A lot of it is National park land or forest service land. Some of those mountains would let you fly a brick if you can mount controls on it.
Far out, you ain't kidding around there!
I dunno anything about the prevailing winds in that part of the world but it looks like you could have most directions covered and within an hour or two?
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:37 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
My 2002 work F-150 4X4 has 245,788 miles on it as of this morning when I gassed it up... It's had a bad alternator... Other than that, tires, brakes, belts, plugs, oil changes, and nothing more. Even the water pump and hoses are still going... Steve's right, ya can't kill 'em. I was kinda hopin' for a new one next year, but this one just won't die.

Say, Steve, do you Oz guys drive on the wrong side of the road like they do in England? Sorry, Mate, couldn't resist!

Jack
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:40 PM
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
Some of the areas all you'd have to do is go to the other side of the valley and the ridge will be turned 90 degrees from the one you just left. It took me a minute to figure out why that picture looked wrong. You're looking at it "Aussie style" North to South. Now turn the terrain on (bottom left) and check out the height of some of those ridge lines! Ye haaaa!

Sorry Hoss.... I need something with hauling ability. Full sheets of ply etc. I'm thinking of getting a lumber rack that will go over a shell type of setup for the new truck. I'll use my 4X8 trailer to move out there then convert it over to a model hauler. So if I don't have the model trailer on the back, I'll have my boat trailer hooked up. Needless to say, it's going to take at least two trips to get everything moved out there.

Needless to say, you guys will always be welcomed at Rancho De Jeff. Bring your planes and I've got plenty of fishing poles etc. I am gong to have to check about internet access in that area so I can keep in touch. It's be a pain in the butt if I have to take a laptop into town just to check e-mail and keep up on the forums!!! I'm not sure just how far outside of town it is. Google earth seems to have a problem resolving the address so I can check. I'm going to call the real estate office tomorrow and see if I can get GPS cords for the lot. It may turn out that this place just won't work. If not, than there's always other places. But I like the looks of this one and the fact that it comes with 15 acres. Here's a couple of shots from the listing. No sign of any outbuildings, but I can build those as needed.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:43 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
Jeff,

Both of my parents are gone, so I guess that qualifies me as an orphan. I'm up for adoption!

Jack