Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:31 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
The back's getting better, slowly. The groin pull is just a bad memeory and I'll be in good shape for TNT. I've been at work all week and just taking 1 pain pill per day... just before bed.

I still haven't seen my ribs for the Journey. Brian said he was going to cut me 2 sets last week. I'm primed for that build. I have everything but pushrods and ribs...
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:39 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,845 Posts
LMAO, yup, that would be a little hard to explain. What would Ray say if I called him to beg a single side wing kit from him ? I want to use the same drawing and just flip it. That way I know the two side will be identical for placement of all the components. I can see very good through the drawing so it should work out great.

Don
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:29 AM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcoot2
Don
Yes, I would hate like the devil for you to build two port wings....hmmm, that would be interesting. One trying to lift and the other .....well, not so pretty.
Gerald
Now now, that would merely be an excuse to order another kit and build two at once.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:31 AM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
LOL As usual I like the way Sean thinks.
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Sep 18, 2009, 01:13 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola
Now now, that would merely be an excuse to order another kit and build two at once.
Brilliant! Hmmm...catch phrase, "excuse to order". As the unkowing female about the house wanders amuck totally oblivious to wings, wangs or wengs, could easily be snowed (lied to) into believing that indeed I have pooed the screwch and built two port side wings for the Oly.

"Dear I've got to order parts as I have made a major mistake and have to have them to get the plane finished and out of the game room"

"How much is it honey?"

"$153.95 plus shipping"

"What?"

"I know dear it's the most expensive part"

"What ever it takes, just DO IT"

"Sorry honey"

"Oh, that's okay"

Big Bird XL on the way .

Thanks for coming up with the idea Sean, you're the best .
Old Sep 18, 2009, 01:32 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
Well, Delores is a tad sharper than that... and she has the hardest, boniest little fists... ...

JW
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Sep 18, 2009, 01:35 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,845 Posts
LMAO, ouch, ouch, ouch!
Old Sep 18, 2009, 01:48 PM
Joined Apr 2004
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells
Brilliant! Hmmm...catch phrase, "excuse to order". As the unkowing female about the house wanders amuck totally oblivious to wings, wangs or wengs, could easily be snowed (lied to) into believing that indeed I have pooed the screwch and built two port side wings for the Oly.

"Dear I've got to order parts as I have made a major mistake and have to have them to get the plane finished and out of the game room"

"How much is it honey?"

"$153.95 plus shipping"

"What?"

"I know dear it's the most expensive part"

"What ever it takes, just DO IT"

"Sorry honey"

"Oh, that's okay"

Big Bird XL on the way .

Thanks for coming up with the idea Sean, you're the best .
Except mine would simply take the kit and build it herself!!!!!!
Or worse yet, simply cut me a new wing "kit" from my own wood stash.

Really, I've had the ignominious experience several times in the past.... damn female aircraft mechanics!
Aphorism's Dream is offline Find More Posts by Aphorism's Dream
Old Sep 18, 2009, 01:55 PM
Gasbags & Gussets
Riverside, Ca
Joined Feb 2009
1,217 Posts
That is the coolest thing i have read in a long time !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermic Trio
Except mine would simply take the kit and build it herself!!!!!!
Or worse yet, simply cut me a new wing "kit" from my own wood stash.

Really, I've had the ignominious experience several times in the past.... damn female aircraft mechanics!
You have it made, having a companion that would build and like airplanes !

That is way better than Netflix, wonder-bread, and cable TV

js
jswain is online now Find More Posts by jswain
Old Sep 18, 2009, 02:16 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,845 Posts
Wow Thermic, I'd have to think about it, but that could be classified as a cure or a disease .
Old Sep 18, 2009, 04:18 PM
Joined Apr 2004
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells
Wow Thermic, I'd have to think about it, but that could be classified as a cure or a disease .
Especially if the cur(ate) is a better builder!!!
Though they are often not interested in spending time on winged things (the fascination is gone for her), which allows my ego room to thermal.
'less of course one becomes just too exalted for ones britches; then of course the rectifying needle prick is sure and quick. ;-)
Old Sep 18, 2009, 04:22 PM
Joined Apr 2004
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswain
You have it made, having a companion that would build and like airplanes !

That is way better than Netflix, wonder-bread, and cable TV

js
But boy does Wonder-Bread make GREAT projectiles of the sort we miscreant children chewed paper to throw!

Spit balls for all.

Yes, of course you are correct that the combination is perfect. Though one still likes to joke about from time to occasion.
Last edited by Thermic Trio; Sep 18, 2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Bloody Typos!!!!!!!
Old Sep 18, 2009, 05:38 PM
delete account
Australia, QLD, Fraser Island
Joined Nov 2007
3,875 Posts
My Goodness!

Bony fists, bruises.. groin pulls.. rectifying needle pricks.. spousial subterfuge.. dominant female wood mechanics.. attacking birds.. a set of port side wings.. dodgy film and radio's... a lack of respect from other more grown up adults regarding our rc sport.........
Its looking like our beloved hobby isn't exactly as benign and harmless as we would like to think, sheeesh! what a minefield. A fella might take up archery again just to be safer.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Sep 19, 2009, 11:18 AM
Still hanging on the Mt. wave
Joined Jul 2008
522 Posts
Well, I'm back, kind of. These 1000 mile, 24 hour drives to and from California are becoming a little more difficult as I advance into my more "Mature" years. I have been making about 1.2 trips out there and back every year for the last 30 years to help with the house construction and repair and maintenance. I figure I have driven the equivalent of 2.4 times around the world. With today's gas prices I can't wait for Toyota to come out with their Hybrid Pickup truck. I don't care who makes it, as long as it gets 30+ miles per gallon. I have to go back out in a couple weeks.

A sweet set of coincidences allowed my Biggest Sis, Nano, and I to meet Rog the Borg in Flagstaff in the middle of one of his trucking runs and bring him home for a couple days. He is coming over shortly for a few hours of airplane building and World's problems solving. That's all we can appropriate from the world this time around, but we hope to make him a set of wing ribs for the small plane that we hope he can build in the truck on the road.

Good news and bad news? Mom is alive still, but she is not speaking very well yet. I am still quite hopeful that she will return to 80 to 90% of her former glory within the year, but am realistically aware that this she is in the last phase of her life. I hope she returns to 90 to 100% and that it lasts for another 10 or 15 years, or longer. This part of Life sucks.

I haven't gotten to read all the posts in this thread yet and digest them all, but youse guys are doing a great job. I will read them all soon and post my feedback over this weekend.

Oops! Here is the borg at the door............Peace.............Out bot
GDbot is offline Find More Posts by GDbot
Old Sep 19, 2009, 01:59 PM
Joined Apr 2004
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDbot
Well, I'm back, kind of. These 1000 mile, 24 hour drives to and from California are becoming a little more difficult as I advance into my more "Mature" years. I have been making about 1.2 trips out there and back every year for the last 30 years to help with the house construction and repair and maintenance. I figure I have driven the equivalent of 2.4 times around the world. With today's gas prices I can't wait for Toyota to come out with their Hybrid Pickup truck. I don't care who makes it, as long as it gets 30+ miles per gallon. I have to go back out in a couple weeks.

A sweet set of coincidences allowed my Biggest Sis, Nano, and I to meet Rog the Borg in Flagstaff in the middle of one of his trucking runs and bring him home for a couple days. He is coming over shortly for a few hours of airplane building and World's problems solving. That's all we can appropriate from the world this time around, but we hope to make him a set of wing ribs for the small plane that we hope he can build in the truck on the road.

Good news and bad news? Mom is alive still, but she is not speaking very well yet. I am still quite hopeful that she will return to 80 to 90% of her former glory within the year, but am realistically aware that this she is in the last phase of her life. I hope she returns to 90 to 100% and that it lasts for another 10 or 15 years, or longer. This part of Life sucks.

I haven't gotten to read all the posts in this thread yet and digest them all, but youse guys are doing a great job. I will read them all soon and post my feedback over this weekend.

Oops! Here is the borg at the door............Peace.............Out bot
Welcome back, we've all been thinking of you and your family.
PM me, I was an Assisted Living Coordinator with Sunrise Senior Living, and am a certain understanding ear or vent as you need.
Honda has several Hybrid pu trucks, I have an Insight that routinely gets 66 mpg and have loved it from the first sitting (2002.5). ZERO maint. issues.

Anyway, happy building and decompress!!