atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2009, 08:52 PM
Suspended Account
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
-- No way Jose. At least let me fly them one more time before they go, the weather is gewtting better.

Hey check this out guys; http://www.photofunia.com/

Rick James over in the slope section has started a bit of fun with this. here a couple of quick ones I just did;
Last edited by atmosteve; Apr 15, 2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 09:32 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Ha, had you going there Stevo. What office!!! hehehe. Whata you done in Bundaberg to make you flinch .

Now that's cute stuff. Look Gerald, you old coot, you got your own groupie...sweeeeeeet!
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
..... Nothing that interpol would remember.....

Its true I've had some time on my hands, so I'm spending some of it on three build projects, one of which is the LB2M, the easiest one and a lot of fun. Got all the panels joined today and did some nature snapping in before a nice quick electrical storm swept through this arv.
Last edited by atmosteve; Apr 15, 2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:40 AM
Silent Wings
United States, TX, Amarillo
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
Damn!

Steve
You have WAY too much time on your hands! However, that is cool...can't wait until Jack tries to explain that to his wife....David too! I'll not mention it to mine, but I'm saving that pic to my folder for posterity. I have to try and use that gimmick for some of the crew here.

Don
Neat! I can hear the comments at the next contest...."What in hell is the whisk broom for?" (We know, the secret society.)

Gerald
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
Old Apr 15, 2009, 01:00 AM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,846 Posts
Well... I nearly choked!!! a HOTTIE AUSSIE GROUPIE!!! I'm sure that rudder wag thang would be illegal... no forms of propulsion allowed...

Darth
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:14 AM
Still hanging on the Mt. wave
Joined Jul 2008
522 Posts
Fifty grand views in less than a year! I guess that shows there is a lot of interest in woodie builds. Easily accessible, low cost of entry with minimal investment in tools and space, highest return on investment for flight performance. I can't describe the thrill I get from gluing little bits of wood together and watching them turn into something that dances a work of art in the air. Always more to learn the more one looks.

My flying bud Roger and I are cooking up our next project, from the other end of the spectrum. Tiny. Tiny plane and tiny building space. Stay tuned.
GDbot is offline Find More Posts by GDbot
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:10 AM
Silent Wings
United States, TX, Amarillo
Joined Aug 2005
670 Posts
#1 Site

GD
Yep, important building info here, and hints and kinks that are very useful.
Ol' Steve got us a good start. Don't forget the comraderie and BS though.

Got to playing around with the photo program from Steve and came up with this one of our fearless New Mexico leader and his admiring fans.

Gerald
Oldcoot2 is offline Find More Posts by Oldcoot2
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:30 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,846 Posts
I'm just a captivating guy... what can I say......

JW
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:36 PM
Fly it all!!
Gerlach Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
372 Posts
The girls love 2M Woodies

While working on my P51 slope glider I made way to many of these fun photo`s.
Thanks Steve for the fun link.

>><Chris><><
teamtwisty is offline Find More Posts by teamtwisty
Old Apr 16, 2009, 07:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Super efforts there. Chris I tried to put your handsome mug on top of the superman figure but it wouldn't work properly so sorry, no super twisty just yet.

If I had something decent like a build pic to put up I would! but not much progress at the moment but by Sunday, we should be making some serious progress to the 2M home stretch. So GD you aren't alone in the stop start department. I must say, I'm a bit intrigued by the description of your and Rog's next project.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 07:26 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
My attempts at the Photo stuff:
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:43 PM
3Ding at a field near you!!
Cranny, Vic. Aust
Joined Mar 2008
581 Posts
Aussie Classic

Hi guys, thought Id share afew pics of my latest woodie build. Its a bit of an Aussie classic being no longer produced and un obtanium for a fair while.
Its an Aeroflyte Albatross. Originally made here in Australia by Southern Model supplies in Sth.Australia.
I had 1 some 12 years or so ago and caught my first ever thermal with it back on Xmas day in 1997. It flew for 3 years untill in a moment of weakness I sold her off. I regretted it for so long.
Span is 2.5mtrs and A.U.W should be arouns 1100 to 1300 grams. Im currently kitting 2 others for myself and father in law. Both of which shall have spoilers added.
Cheers Steve
Steve.650 is offline Find More Posts by Steve.650
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:57 PM
I need some building time in t
United States, AZ, Douglas
Joined Nov 2007
1,617 Posts
A couple more of the doctored pictures...
scaflock is offline Find More Posts by scaflock
Old Apr 17, 2009, 02:25 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.650
Hi guys, thought Id share afew pics of my latest woodie build. Its a bit of an Aussie classic being no longer produced and un obtanium for a fair while.
Its an Aeroflyte Albatross. Originally made here in Australia by Southern Model supplies in Sth.Australia.
I had 1 some 12 years or so ago and caught my first ever thermal with it back on Xmas day in 1997. It flew for 3 years untill in a moment of weakness I sold her off. I regretted it for so long.
Span is 2.5mtrs and A.U.W should be arouns 1100 to 1300 grams. Im currently kitting 2 others for myself and father in law. Both of which shall have spoilers added.
Cheers Steve
Hi Steve, you just added a few more years to the back end of my life with that. Yep, your Albatross would be so much better a thermaler than my old, long forgotten Aeroflyte Trident 2.5 that I loved so much, the albatross is a lot less boxy looking in the fuse and the wings a more modern aspect. One thing I can say about the old trident though was its strong D box wings, man we used to hammer that thing off the winch.

Fine looking build if i may say so, a classic, we all should give you a hand. Long live the old Aeroflyte thermalers, there must still be a few more kits squirelled away for safe keeping and retail.
Last edited by atmosteve; Apr 17, 2009 at 08:30 AM.