Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 10, 2008, 01:17 AM
What tree?
Yucca Valley, California
Joined Aug 2005
2,411 Posts
Discussion
Pulse XT 60.

We all know it, we all love it--the MPXT just got an even BIGGER brother!

Battery hatch!

Designed to fly on a Power 60 with a 6S 3850 pack.

Why must 6S packs cost so much? If it wasn't for the price of the battery, I'd be all over this like white on rice! I love my MPXT so much I could only imagine how this must fly!
Rampage is online now Find More Posts by Rampage
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2008, 07:13 PM
Recruiter - 60 Amp Club
Rutherfordton, North Carolina, United States
Joined Apr 2001
5,941 Posts
Rampage,
Can you afford $105 for a 6S 4000 pack ? If so, these will do the job for you . http://home.comcast.net/~truerc/read...eady_packs.htm
Get the "brick" style pack.
Ed
Ed Lyerly is offline Find More Posts by Ed Lyerly
Old May 11, 2008, 03:30 AM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,586 Posts
Hi guys,

Come on E-Flight, Pulse 25E !!!!

Mickydee
mickydee is online now Find More Posts by mickydee
Old May 27, 2008, 05:38 AM
Squish!!! Splat!!!
Maricopa, Arizona, USA
Joined Oct 2007
626 Posts
Is this the Hangar-9 Pulse XT 60 build and question thread? It looks more like an article with not much other activity.

I just purchased a Pulse XT 60 and I am going electric with a Scorpion 4020-16 outrunner. I would like to read others' experiences as well as be able to ask questions as I begin my build.

TIA

FS
frogstomper is offline Find More Posts by frogstomper
Old May 27, 2008, 08:59 AM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,310 Posts
frog, I have one I got from the shop I work for. I started the build but have been working on other parkflyers in the mean time. I'm going to use the setup from my H9 Pawnee that produces 1138 watts with an apc 17X10 on 5s 3200.
MustangAce17 is online now Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old May 27, 2008, 03:06 PM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
The Pulse 60 flies great on electric using the Power 60. We used a 16x8E prop on it and the power was excellent. The only issue is ground clearance. I can assure you the 17 inch prop won't clear the ground. We were going to try a 15 inch prop but never got around to it at SEFF. Been busy since we got back and haven't had a chance yet. The plane flies great.

John
John Redman is offline Find More Posts by John Redman
Old May 28, 2008, 04:05 AM
Squish!!! Splat!!!
Maricopa, Arizona, USA
Joined Oct 2007
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangAce17
frog, I have one I got from the shop I work for. I started the build but have been working on other parkflyers in the mean time. I'm going to use the setup from my H9 Pawnee that produces 1138 watts with an apc 17X10 on 5s 3200.

That's a lot of power. I saw a suggestion somewhere, can't remember where, that using four 3s 2100 mah batt paks would work perfectly if two were wired in parallel and then those wired in series. That would give the equivalent of 6s 4200 mah, 22.2 volts. The advantage is that later on I can dissemble them and use them in my smaller planes. The disadvantage is that they may take up more space than is available...won't know till the plane and the batts get here.

I have four light weight 3s paks coming from HongKong, and if all works well I'll be ordering some more so that I have a backup set. I'll have to get out a pencil and figure out the wiring.

How do you like the Pawnee? I've been looking at it in the E-Flite electric version. Decided, however, to go with the Pulse instead because (and this is a fairly illogical reason) the four unused digital servos that came with my DX7 will fit nicely in the Pulse. Of course, I'm looking forward to this being a fabulous RC package, and a chance to do something different from the foamies I've collected.

Redman's comments about different prop sizes is interesting. Please, John, keep us informed as to which you like best, and why. Seventeen inches would really swirl a lot of air around...could maybe use it instead of the A/C in my home except that we'd have to nail down the furniture.

FS
Old May 28, 2008, 08:17 AM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
The 17 inch prop would be awesome, but you would definitely have to mod the gear/change the gear to get the ground clearance. The ground clearance for the 16 inch prop is less than 1/8 of an inch when the model is rolling down the runway. When we get a chance to test it I will let you know.

john
Old May 29, 2008, 09:42 PM
Joined Dec 2007
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Redman
The 17 inch prop would be awesome, but you would definitely have to mod the gear/change the gear to get the ground clearance. The ground clearance for the 16 inch prop is less than 1/8 of an inch when the model is rolling down the runway. When we get a chance to test it I will let you know.

john
1/8" clearance would negate flying off of grass. I know my 25E cub really turns to the right when the prop starts digging into the grass.
ZX11 is offline Find More Posts by ZX11
Old May 29, 2008, 10:09 PM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,310 Posts
John,I'll be flying this bird from a paved runway so I might be okay,I'll see how it goes,even a 16 is good power.At the shop I work for we've sold 3 Pulse 60's,mine and two thers which are glow,however on has been brought back on consignment because the owner said it was to sedate,I doubt that though because my H9 Pawnee snap rolls and knifes well,not to mention hover.
MustangAce17 is online now Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old Jun 19, 2008, 06:56 AM
Squish!!! Splat!!!
Maricopa, Arizona, USA
Joined Oct 2007
626 Posts
missing parts

Edited by poster.....information no longer applicable nor of interest.

FS
Last edited by frogstomper; Jun 29, 2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 07:26 AM
Mahomet, IL
Joined Oct 2005
1,114 Posts
Hey FS,

Just call Horizony Hobby customer service and tehy will get hte parts out to you immediately. On occassion you will find parts missing, but they are just a phone call away.

John
Old Jun 19, 2008, 04:20 PM
Squish!!! Splat!!!
Maricopa, Arizona, USA
Joined Oct 2007
626 Posts
Post deleted....information no longer cogent to the thread.

FS
Last edited by frogstomper; Jun 29, 2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 09:59 PM
Squish!!! Splat!!!
Maricopa, Arizona, USA
Joined Oct 2007
626 Posts
Almost there

She's all built...just waiting for the RX to arrive, then check the throw settings and haul her out to the field.

I can just barely fit four 3s 2100mah LiPos in the batt compartment. I've built the wiring harness (two parallel into one series) and I get an initial output reading of 24.8 volts and 4200mah. The 80 amp ESC can handle the load, and the big Scorpion motor seems to turn just fine. I'll be cranking her with a 12x6(e) sport prop, and I have a 12x6 SF prop in the tool box.

She's big and beautiful. I'll be able to get her out for her maiden probably Monday or Tuesday. Any more suggestions from you guys before I throw that throttle stick forward? I'm not used to a plane this big. So far my sportiest has been the PZ Typoon-II which is about 1/4 the size of the Pulse-60, and my most flown is the MPX EasyStar (foamies).

The switching mode BEC in the 80amp ESC is rated at 3amps, 5volts and I'm using four Spektrum DS821 (standard size) digital servos. Am I OK here, borderline, or should I seriously consider a separate RX battery?

The excitement is starting to build...!!! (And the apprehension.)

FS

________Later________

All finished. Now she's RTF. Did some taxiing up and down the street for range testing...lifted the tail once. I don't think that 12" prop is going to be enough. Will pick up a 16" next time in town.

FS
Last edited by frogstomper; Jun 27, 2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:44 AM
Rural NW Essex,England.
Joined May 2005
302 Posts
Just come back from "Wings and Wheels", a big UK show. Really liked the XT60. Tried to find out the space for batteries but failed. Man on horizon hobbies UK stand wasn't interesed in taking off the hatch so I could have a look!! I use 2 of hyperion 3s 5350's and the size of each pack is 46mm x 30mm x 145mm or in real money about 1 7/8 ins by 1 1/4 ins by 5 3/4 ins. Does anyone know if these will fit the battery bay?
Thanks,
Chris UK.
noblapod is offline Find More Posts by noblapod