Closed Thread
Old May 09, 2008, 11:12 AM
down & out
Joined Dec 2006
196 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Discussion
My last post about my most recent purchase on RCG

" Mike returned my initial payment made for a package that was lost via DHL. Trading with Mike ultimately means your satisfaction is guaranteed."
camperfan is offline Find More Posts by camperfan
Last edited by camperfan; May 15, 2008 at 10:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2008, 12:05 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Trader Rating: 181
Camperfan: I'd like to thank and commend you for editing the title of your previous thread to more accurately reflect the facts. My assessment of the situation stands, however. You may not agree with it and that is your right as it is mine to voice my opinion.

Despite what you may believe (and others have in error) regarding shipping liabilities in this type of situation, I believe you are misinformed. Sisyphus has been kind and patient enough to explain the law as it pertains to this type of transaction and it is crystal clear to me as to the intent and logic behind the code. I hope you take the time to familiarize yourself with it as it should be helpful to you in the future at making more informed decisions.

Remember: be patient and reasonable.

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old May 09, 2008, 01:21 PM
down & out
Joined Dec 2006
196 Posts
" Mike returned my initial payment made for a package that was lost via DHL. Trading with Mike ultimately means your satisfaction is guaranteed."
Last edited by camperfan; May 15, 2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old May 09, 2008, 02:04 PM
I just wanna fly
USA, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Jul 2005
593 Posts
Trader Rating: 69
Not to keep this thread going or anything....but from an unbiased viewpoint the biggest thing that could have kept this transaction clean is COMMUNICATION.

The biggest issue I hear from people who have problems is not keeping each other apprised of what is going on.

CAMPERFAN: It sounds like you tried to do this but you may have gone a bit overboard with it. Certainly when someone stops communication what is your first thought? "Oh boy here we go, deadbeat!" Then it just goes downhill from there. By calling DHL on your side to check the status of your shipment is justified. Maybe asking EARTHBOUND to also call DHL to confirm your information would have helped.

EARTHBOUND: You could have called DHL yourself to confirm what CAMPERFAN was telling you. When you stop answering PM's you're bound to trigger some excitement on the other end. Simply make a call, then notify the other guy that "yeah, they told me the same thing but I haven't seen a check yet, I'll check again next week." That to me fosters patience in someone. Too many times I read that so and so took my money and I never heard from them again.... Stopping communication does that to people.

Come on guys, let's all keep the lines of communication open. Sometimes things go wrong, but if we work together and let each other know what is (or isn't happening) we could all save each other from bad feelings, bad feedback, locked accounts, etc.

Okay now, is it time for the cum by ya song???
I 'm envisioning two kids back to back with arms crossed over their chests and scowls on their faces.
slozuke is offline Find More Posts by slozuke
Last edited by slozuke; May 09, 2008 at 02:23 PM. Reason: oops, typo!!
Old May 09, 2008, 02:08 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Trader Rating: 181
Brian, I'd say that's a more than fair assessment.

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old May 09, 2008, 02:10 PM
Gravity brings me down
Seattle, WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,232 Posts
Trader Rating: 140
Ron,

Your malicious behavior is unacceptable. RCG closed your previous attack thread and yet you have started another. I do not want to play in your sandbox. I will have no further communication with you until the damage you have done is fixed.
Earthbound is offline Find More Posts by Earthbound
Old May 09, 2008, 02:43 PM
Gravity brings me down
Seattle, WA
Joined Sep 2003
1,232 Posts
Trader Rating: 140
slozuke and Doubletap,

I appreciate your input and agree that communication could have been better this week. Ron sent PM on Monday afternoon, which I did not read until after Doubletap alerted me to the smear thread that Ron started on Tuesday. Working overtime and traveling out of town were explained in the other thread. I did check email during that time and viewed RCG threads to which I am subscribed when time allowed. Ron jumped to the conclusion that I had read and ignored his message. Ron has unleashed a barage of accusations based on hear say and imagination. He has continued to do so even when given proof that I have been dealing in good faith. I need him to undo the harm he has caused.
Earthbound is offline Find More Posts by Earthbound
Old May 09, 2008, 02:58 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
O.K., I'll (edit: busted my grammar again!) be brief (no really, but it's killing me!).

Camperfan or Ron, you are (1) morally and (2) legally wrong in my opinion, based on everything I have read, assumed and my experience and training.

I withdraw my offer to find a mediator: it can't be done.

Oops, one more edit and I'm done: I (this is a subjective opinion, with no basis in indepedent fact!) think it is a bit harsh to make light of a man's financial situation, especially when he bares all. I can tell you this, it is VERY expensive to live around here (but what else is new, right?)

So, whoever is going to pull the trigger, I'm ducking!

Mike, I just came back from the field and the grass has been mowed!

Sisyphus is offline Find More Posts by Sisyphus
Last edited by Sisyphus; May 09, 2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old May 09, 2008, 03:21 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperfan
Okay DT thank you for that. Please see it from my shoes as well as Mikes. I felt after the PMS that were sent to me by Mike 4-5 weeks ago I was patient and reasonable. After reading those Pms above you must also agree that Mike brought a tiny bit of this on as he suddenly refuses to stop the communication by PM (and I did not need a PM every single day. We Pm'd once per week OR LESS, if that much in the recent weeks) then chose not to answer the phone when I thought the prudent thing was to talk rather than type. Then he had the gall to make it sound as I was harassing him via phone (furthest from the truth). I just wanted a refund. Then when DHL says he has been paid (claim settled) and continues to ignore me when it is obvious he has logged on, well, that was the final straw. It seems as though he thought it was all over. Times must be tight in Seattle with a broken tranny and a family and gas prices and all.

As for Paypal They have additional requirements than does the UCC? The seller has the burden of proof that the package has been delivered, not just dropped off at a shipping company. It was never delivered so after ample time had passed they ruled in my favor. Total recovery of 100 dollars sent, $0.00. Times are tough in the PNW

kind regards Ron
See the discussion on payment by a third-party, and the same regarding the "contract" between seller and the buyer when using that third-party (imagine, here, a credit card issuer and you have the analogy).

Paypal's legal position means nothing, anywhere.

(Edit: "judgment" issue) "If he had been Paypal would not have entered a 100 dollar judgement against him on my behalf."

If you think it does, go to the King County courthouse in downtown Seattle and try to have the paypal judgment enrolled.

I still recommmend the Ascent!

O.K., THIS ONE GOT REPORTED-SO, TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT DONE SO I CAN CONSIDER WHETHER I WILL EDIT IT!
Last edited by Sisyphus; May 09, 2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old May 09, 2008, 04:16 PM
down & out
Joined Dec 2006
196 Posts
I suppose a refund is too much to ask for?

Last edited by camperfan; May 15, 2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old May 09, 2008, 04:26 PM
down & out
Joined Dec 2006
196 Posts
Ps

Last edited by camperfan; May 15, 2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old May 09, 2008, 04:40 PM
1 paycheck away from homeless
United States, KS
Joined Mar 2006
4,574 Posts
Trader Rating: 233
So the first thread was closed by the mods because of Sisyphus??? That seems absurd. I agree with one of your own posts & Duobletap's. It wasn't trolling. Annoying maybe because of length but not trolling. Did you actually receive any points for all of those reports? If not, foget about all of it. There was a time that I couldn't even post in this forum without getting reported. It's a shame those members that were doing the reporting seem to have been banned.

And I agree about keeping the thread open until refund has been made completely. Also, I still haven't read anything that would really keep me from buying from or selling to either Earthbound or Camperfan just for the record. They both seem to be good people with an unfortunate situation. Heck I wouldn't even hesitate to deal with Sisyphus
ghostmechanic is offline Find More Posts by ghostmechanic
Old May 09, 2008, 04:56 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostmechanic
So the first thread was closed by the mods because of Sisyphus??? That seems absurd. I agree with one of your own posts & Duobletap's. It wasn't trolling. Annoying maybe because of length but not trolling. Did you actually receive any points for all of those reports? If not, foget about all of it. There was a time that I couldn't even post in this forum without getting reported. It's a shame those members that were doing the reporting seem to have been banned.

And I agree about keeping the thread open until refund has been made completely. Also, I still haven't read anything that would really keep me from buying from or selling to either Earthbound or Camperfan just for the record. They both seem to be good people with an unfortunate situation. Heck I wouldn't even hesitate to deal with Sisyphus
Ah, that's good to know since I just got reported, again!

Sorry to all about the length, but, guess what: complex subjects can't be made simple. And every time I had the issue addressed, along came a collateral issue!

So, now, I have the deed to something called the Brooklyn Bridge and I'll make you a fine deal on it, but it will be a SHIPMENT CONTRACT, only!

Last edited by Sisyphus; May 09, 2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old May 09, 2008, 05:01 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperfan
P.S. Mike I am truely sorry that my choice of words were a bit offensive to you and others in the title of my previous post. I see this is a touchy subject in a public forum. It could have easily been avoided if you were to respond to my simple PM or phone call. You could tell by the caller ID it was me. I didnt want all of these hard feelings out in the open. I felt by you ignoring my only avenues of communication that you were in a sense assuming this matter was finished. Sincerely Ron
I'll keep it short: the damage is done to this fine guy's reputation and this won't feed the bulldog.

I don't know what state you had the camper in when you posted all this stuff, but it may matter some day.

Just my opinions.

Old May 09, 2008, 05:06 PM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts

Well, I got a point for this one, and don't know why. I removed it entirely.

(edit: oops, old eyes-I just saw something about overbumping, and I don't even know what that may be!)
Last edited by Sisyphus; May 09, 2008 at 06:51 PM.
Closed Thread