HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:15 AM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,912 Posts
I can wait... I really appreciate the help from you and Cat.Mike. My P47 came with a brand new Super Tiger 90 motor. Would you or Capt. Mike have a use for it. I would not mind at all sending it to either of you in return.
NCRealEstateGuy is offline Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:07 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,946 Posts
Thanks very much for the offer but I'm not one for anything but electric... Put it on eBay and make it an even better deal for yourself.
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:55 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
I am with Gree about the engine. Every plane I have with the exception on one is electric. The one gas plane I have hasn't been flown since I bouthg it.
Gree. I am going to take my plans for the 47 down to Staples tomorrow and scan them for NC. Then I will send them as electronic copies. He can print them as needed for whatever he needs to repair
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:48 PM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy View Post
I can wait... I really appreciate the help from you and Cat.Mike. My P47 came with a brand new Super Tiger 90 motor. Would you or Capt. Mike have a use for it. I would not mind at all sending it to either of you in return.
Hi NCRealEstateGuy,

Since neither Gree or CapMike are interested.....I am a "glow" guy, so please PM me with some pics of the engine and what you want for it. Not sure if I need another one, but you have my curiosity. May work well in my P47 when I finally get to building it.

Marko
rcwings is offline Find More Posts by rcwings
Old Aug 30, 2012, 04:41 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,946 Posts
Thanks CapMike. Probably better he has the full set of plans. Thanks very much.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:51 PM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,912 Posts
Here is a link to my new "build" thread for those who are interested. It is a TF P47 razorback. Converting it from nitro to electric. Going to glass it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post22598471
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:57 PM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,912 Posts
Hey Gree,
What retracts are you using in yours?
How much did your glassing add?
I am busy repairing, puttying, and sanding. Thinking of putting in a sound system too.
Last edited by NCRealEstateGuy; Sep 08, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:08 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,946 Posts
I have a complete parts list of the retracts etc on the front page. That should help you out. In terms of weight, I don't know as I have never weighed anything. All I know I that countless people have glassed this plane and it flies fine, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I am getting closer to starting on mine again. Just finishing my latest FPV plane first.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:07 AM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,912 Posts
Thanks for the response. I had someone on my thread warning me to be careful about glassing this plane. I feel better now.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 07:27 AM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,912 Posts
HMMM., I can not find anything on the first page regarding what retracts you are using. I did an attachment search and found pics of the retracts, but no mention of make and model...
Old Sep 09, 2012, 08:18 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,946 Posts
Quote:
HMMM., I can not find anything on the first page regarding what retracts you are using. I did an attachment search and found pics of the retracts, but no mention of make and model...
Sorry I should have been more specific. It is the very first picture in the first post. It is a screenshot of my shopping list for the retracts. All the info is in the pic.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:03 AM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
806 Posts
Quote:
Hey Gree,
What retracts are you using in yours?
How much did your glassing add?
I am busy repairing, puttying, and sanding. Thinking of putting in a sound system too.
Gree is using the Robart air retracts. Although these are excellent units, there are some new electric versions available from Robart, Eflite and LADO that can save you the hassles and pain that usually come with doing an air system. All are drop in fit for the P-47. Something to consider.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:17 PM
swede
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Aug 2005
3,866 Posts
If you're set on Robert air retracts, I have some in my Top Flite P-51 that I'll give you for a good deal. PM me if you're interested.
denial15 is online now Find More Posts by denial15
Old Sep 09, 2012, 02:55 PM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,912 Posts
This plane came with the old Robart air retracts and I yanked them out. I do want to get electric. Thanks RCWings for the push in the right direction. Denial, Thanks, but like I said, I will be going electric.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 03:24 PM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
806 Posts
Quote:
This plane came with the old Robart air retracts and I yanked them out. I do want to get electric. Thanks RCWings for the push in the right direction. Denial, Thanks, but like I said, I will be going electric.
In case you are interested....here is the Eflite that fit the P-47.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...tracts-EFLG410