HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:03 PM
Limey Jeff
Glastonbury, Somerset. U.K.
Joined Mar 2009
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulpilotrmh View Post
Just found this "Build" late last night and just finished post #763. Hard to believe this is your first actual build. Truly amazing workmanship. Can't wate for the finish and then the beginning of your next.

Russ
Gree, did you write this under a different name:?

Jeff
Jeff Glasser is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Glasser
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:03 PM
ulpilotrmh
USA, FL, Tavares
Joined Sep 2010
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Glasser View Post
Gree, did you write this under a different name:?

Jeff
No he didn't.

Russ
ulpilotrmh is online now Find More Posts by ulpilotrmh
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:43 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,904 Posts
Thanks very much Russ. I appreciate the comments. You'll have to get used to Jeff, unless you've been around him a while, it is easy to misinterpret what he calls humour as what the rest of us call a mild case of insanity...

Think of him like the Vegemite of the humour world. Most people screw up their face in distaste, but for some of us who were raised on it, it is a staple...
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:55 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,904 Posts
Well we have finalised the purchase of a new house, so now we have to sell our current one and then do the huge move! 2 months and counting until settlement!
Last edited by Gree; Mar 30, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:13 AM
Limey Jeff
Joined Mar 2009
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
Thanks very much Russ. I appreciate the comments. You'll have to get used to Jeff, unless you've been around him a while, it is easy to misinterpret what he calls humour as what the rest of us call a mild case of insanity...

Think of him like the Vegemite of the humour world. Most people screw up their face in distaste, but for some of us who were raised on it, it is a staple...
sorry Russ, my humour is slightly on the weird side of strange, but Gree likes it and it keeps him uplifted when all around him is going mental..feel free to wind him up anytime!

Jeff
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:41 AM
ulpilotrmh
USA, FL, Tavares
Joined Sep 2010
315 Posts
Quote:
sorry Russ, my humour is slightly on the weird side of strange, but Gree likes it and it keeps him uplifted when all around him is going mental..feel free to wind him up anytime!

Jeff
No apology necessary Jeff. I enjoy your humorous remarks. Don't stop on my account.

Russ
ulpilotrmh is online now Find More Posts by ulpilotrmh
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:20 AM
Limey Jeff
Joined Mar 2009
345 Posts
thanks Russ.. I usualy prefer a bit of a challenge when it comes to sarcasm, but in Grees case there is so much to mock.

I believe he actualy sets out to make models really badly just to give me something to get my teeth into!

Jeff

p.s. I see that you are a real builder, and like myself started at a time when that was the only way. so much more rewarding too.

I prefer to build rather than fly. there's nothing as sexy as an uncovered wing or fusalage I feel.
Last edited by Jeff Glasser; Mar 30, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:42 AM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
798 Posts
Quote:
I see that you are a real builder, and like myself started at a time when that was the only way. so much more rewarding too.

I prefer to build rather than fly. there's nothing as sexy as an uncovered wing or fusalage I feel.
I enjoy both building and flying, but.......my high is when I maiden something I have built!

Does this mean we have to wait two month for any new pics to make fun of Gree's build???? Ha ha...good luck with the move Gree, and sorry for your luck, but we will be here waiting for you to return! Looking forward to the finished product!
rcwings is online now Find More Posts by rcwings
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:33 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,904 Posts
Quote:
there's nothing as sexy as an uncovered wing or fusalage I feel.
I'm sorry for being flippant in my previous post Jeff. I feel terrible. I didn't realise your problem was so serious. I am sure that you can find plenty of support groups that can help you through this sexual attraction to inanimate objects you are suffering from...
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined Aug 2008
451 Posts
Vegemite?! I like Vegemite! Met some friends who came to the States from Australia and we were over for dinner the night the received a "care package" from a relative back home who sent them a box load of the stuff along with some of the strangest "crackers" I've tasted. They were surprised when I asked for seconds and I was disappointed they didn't offer me a tube to take with me. They were kind of stingey...but they did drink the beer and wine we brought over to dinner....hmmm... Wonderful folks and I surely miss them, they've moved on to Switzerland but we get together when ever they are back for a visit.

Best of luck on the move Gree, that can be a chore and a half. Duriing this time just agree to whatever your wife says it will be so much easier.
Looking forward to when you resume your build.

al
rossaer is online now Find More Posts by rossaer
Old Mar 31, 2012, 12:28 PM
Limey Jeff
Joined Mar 2009
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
I'm sorry for being flippant in my previous post Jeff. I feel terrible. I didn't realise your problem was so serious. I am sure that you can find plenty of support groups that can help you through this sexual attraction to inanimate objects you are suffering from...
Flippant! I love flippancy!

I don't let it bother me anymore Gree, and I go to a special clinic once a month where there are others that suffer as I do, (you can't imagine what the sight of an over doped fusalage with the 'starved horse' look can do to me)
There are others there with similar damage to their minds, such as the boat builders who find the unplanked frames of sailing ships a massive turn on.
Sadly, none of us can be helped though there is an emergency phone line to the Samaritans when it gets too much.

Jeff
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:18 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,904 Posts
Ah we could keep this going for a while couldn't we?

Perhaps better not

I'll be back everyone to knock this build on my head. I'm already thinking about my next one! Very excited about the size of my new working space, but have to build work tables, plane racks etc before I get going again!
Old Apr 01, 2012, 05:57 AM
Limey Jeff
Joined Mar 2009
345 Posts
I can handle as much mickey taking as you can throw at me Gree, it's what I've been used to all my life!

Don't know about you knocking the build on your head, I thought you'd been knocking it on everything in your workshop judging by the state it's in...

Jeff
Old Apr 02, 2012, 08:11 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2012
171 Posts
Very nice detailing indeed, I'm going to have to build a bigger one next time so I can try my hand at glassing. The detail you have rendered is awesome gree! Looking forward to some more updates!

Essar.
essar is offline Find More Posts by essar
Old Apr 02, 2012, 05:37 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,904 Posts
Thanks Essar. I think mine is the same scale as yours, 60" span.