HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:10 AM
"the bouncer"
Australia, VIC, Vermont
Joined Nov 2006
4,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
By the way Mackone - what questions did you have?
Hey Gree ,
I was going ask how long it took to do the riveting , I was then going to suggest , flite-metal , but after just nearly finishing a 40e mustang , 3months later .......I decided not too suggest it . ...... hope your home project is over soon .
cheers

Pete.
mackone is online now Find More Posts by mackone
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:17 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,940 Posts
Ah I see. Actually the riveting is very fast once you get going, and very enjoyable I find (well I think I can remember back that far!). I'm really looking forward to doing the fuse.
Gree is online now Find More Posts by Gree
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:04 AM
Limey Jeff
Glastonbury, Somerset. U.K.
Joined Mar 2009
347 Posts
Quote:
Hey thanks for checking in. Don't worry I WILL finish it. The bloody builders are STILL working on our place 6 months later, after what was supposed to be a 2week job.

Angry doesn't even begin to cover it... Until they finish, I can't set up my work area, and without that I can't complete the '47. We have been promised next week so we will see. I will definitely be posting here again when I am able to get started once more. I hope I have not forgotten everything I have to do by now...
I should start all over Gree, that was a rubbish model anyway!!!!!!

Keep well mate, Jeff
Jeff Glasser is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Glasser
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:31 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,940 Posts
Thanks Jeff. You're right. I went down to to garage, ripped the fuse out of storage and binned it. I am sick of waiting and it was only my practice plane anyway.

When I get the workshop back I'll post a link to my new build here. Missed seeing you about Jeff hope you're well.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:44 AM
Limey Jeff
Joined Mar 2009
347 Posts
Good, I'm glad you binned it mate, I guess I was the only one brave enough to let you know how bad you were making that 47. I was amazed that you carried on for so long against all adversity! Maybe this time you'll follow the instructions!!

Seriously, I hope you pick up where you left off soon, we were getting withdrawel symptoms on here.

I'm o.k. but not looking forward to the winter which I think has already arrived with lots of rain and wind.

Sorry to hear you've been having so much drama with the building. Hope someone sorts it out in your favour soon.

Jeff
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:44 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,940 Posts
Thanks man. We'll see. Majorly pissed off right now I can tell you. I am putting together a couple more FPV foam planes though in between times...
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:38 PM
TRP
United States, CA, Morgan Hill
Joined Jun 2002
3,687 Posts
LOL - I read the last reply... and was confuse. So I read the message above it.. and started too worry. Then I read the one before it and was like "WHAT HAPPENED?!"

Too funny - look what happens when you join the joke late.
TRP is offline Find More Posts by TRP
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:45 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
Well Gree, I've read your thread from start to finish and can't wait to see the end product. Hoping you get back to this project sooner than later. You've inspired me to take a few steps towards a build of my own. Just ordered the Top flite Menor T-34. Keep up the great work!!
strangebrew mx is offline Find More Posts by strangebrew mx
Old Nov 20, 2011, 03:49 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,940 Posts
Thanks Strangebrew. I am still here. The balcony was just finished! I'll probably take next weekend moving the house back to its old configuration, and setting up the workshop again. Then I should be able to get some work done over the Christmas break if I'm lucky.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 04:42 PM
Joined Mar 2011
537 Posts
Quote:
Well its always best to walk away when things are going wrong. I did a little research last night and found a comment in a forum somewhere about a Robart pump not holding pressure, and someone recommended putting a little oil on the seals inside.

Well I thought I would give it a go and ran some olive oil of all things all over the o-ring on the fill chuck.

What do you know... seals tight as a drum now! Jeeze talk about a simple fix! I am now a very happy camper, except for the fact that when the mains go down, the tailwheel goes up! Ah well some tube reversal ahead for me, but overall the retracts are done and working very well. The system has held 100psi for about an hour so far, so I think we are good to go!

A couple of videos of the retract operation...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6RvSR-z2-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6XnmdkvrNA

EDIT - Actually I just realised I plumbed the tail wheel according toRobart's instructions. I twas just that usually retracts extend their pistons when the wheels go UP, but the tail wheel cylinder extends its piston which pushes the tail wheel DOWN. SO following instructions is not always the best policy!

Next the bomb release mechanism and hooking up those tail wheel doors!
Holy crap..wonder if that will work for my robart pump as am having same issue..whodathunkit
twmonroe is offline Find More Posts by twmonroe
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:16 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,940 Posts
Well, some crap news. After waiting around 8 MONTHS for these bloody builders to finish the works so I can get my workshop back, turns out they didn't do the work properly, and it has to be redone! So basically all hopes I had of finishing the '47 in the near future are shot.

Ahead lies disputes about compensation, more uncertainty and who knows what.

Majorly bummed...
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:52 AM
Joined Jun 2009
354 Posts
Quote:
Well, some crap news. After waiting around 8 MONTHS for these bloody builders to finish the works so I can get my workshop back, turns out they didn't do the work properly, and it has to be redone! So basically all hopes I had of finishing the '47 in the near future are shot.

Majorly bummed...
I understand you! i moved from canada 3 months ago and still living out of bags waiting for a new house!!!
Fab3105 is offline Find More Posts by Fab3105
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:54 AM
building building building!
Melbourne Australia
Joined Jun 2006
5,056 Posts
Quote:

Majorly bummed...
Mate that must be devastating. Hope it gets sorted out sooner rather than later.
aerophilia is offline Find More Posts by aerophilia
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:32 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,940 Posts
Yeah it has added a whole lot more stress we didn't need. Well we'll get there. In the meantime I guess it means more foamy FPVing...
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:01 AM
Limey Jeff
Joined Mar 2009
347 Posts
so sorry to see you're still in the sh*t through no fault of your own. I sincerely hope it gets resolved soon mate.
I feel so bad for you I can't even come up with a sarcastic comment.

Jeff