Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 03, 2011, 10:24 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,610 Posts
awsome work Gree!!!

man...i know how much work painting insignias can be. i had a friend do the vynl stecils for my F-86....everything is painted on this thing but the kills markings, and the eagles detail.....
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2011, 11:46 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,937 Posts
Thanks Corsair...

I followed your F86 build, and it is a thing of beauty. I have a LOT to learn about airbrushing that's for sure. My white turned out quite lumpy. I need to rub it right back to smooth it out. I think I had the airbrush too far away from the surface with not enough thinner...

I appreciate the encouragement and will be back in a blaze of glory soon(ish).
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
Old May 04, 2011, 05:04 AM
Limey Jeff
Glastonbury, Somerset. U.K.
Joined Mar 2009
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oletbird View Post
Gree and "Limey Jeff" -- I appreciate the fast response -- I think I will take your advice and try it on something other than my model . I would rather have a botched up experiment than a messed up paint job. BBy next week I'll know if eing that I am inherently lazy and hate to do things 2 or more times I just thought I would ask here and see if anyone had done this before. Krylon has acetone and Toluene - not sure about the Rustoleum. By next week I'll know . I too think the answer is in repainting with several very light coats. Thanks again , I'm back to watching all the great developments in this thread.
Eric
Eric, I imagine the Krylon would rip up anything you applied it over, a bit like dope, If it smells like nail varnish, then be wary of it. I'm not familiar with Rustoleum.

Limey Jeff
Jeff Glasser is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Glasser
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:45 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,937 Posts
Bump! Hi guys. Sadly the renovation work to our sunroom / my workshop is of course taking far longer than it should. I still don't have anywhere to work on my '47... So it sits waiting patiently... It's going to be 4 years before I finish this thing!

Hope you're all doing well and building more than me!

I have however been able to get a couple of FPV flights in (because I can work on a foam plane on the dining room table!). I finally made the clouds! Off topic but some of you may enjoy...

Over Cloud 9! (4 min 50 sec)

I WILL return!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 08:51 AM
North Simcoe Flyers
Midland, Ontario, Canada
Joined May 2007
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
Bump! Hi guys. Sadly the renovation work to our sunroom / my workshop is of course taking far longer than it should. I still don't have anywhere to work on my '47... So it sits waiting patiently... It's going to be 4 years before I finish this thing!

Hope you're all doing well and building more than me!

I have however been able to get a couple of FPV flights in (because I can work on a foam plane on the dining room table!). I finally made the clouds! Off topic but some of you may enjoy...

http://vimeo.com/26064243

I WILL return!
Very cool Gree and great choice of music!!!
rcwings is offline Find More Posts by rcwings
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:58 AM
Joined Aug 2008
465 Posts
Gree,

I'm with rcwings that was way cool! Can you PM me your set up for that I would love to be able to give that a try!

al
rossaer is offline Find More Posts by rossaer
Old Jul 19, 2011, 01:51 PM
Limey Jeff
Glastonbury, Somerset. U.K.
Joined Mar 2009
347 Posts
Beautiful Gree, nice to see your still here...

Jeff
Jeff Glasser is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Glasser
Old Jul 19, 2011, 03:25 PM
Arvada, Colorado
Joined May 2004
905 Posts
Hello Gree!

Have missed your input here over the past few months. I have real empathy for your home improvement project conflicts. My house projects always seem to expand to fill at least twice the amount of time alotted to them. Not sure why, but that always seems to happen.

BTW, some of us would no doubt enjoy seeing pics of your full-scale work also!

Chris
Jugjock is offline Find More Posts by Jugjock
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2011, 03:12 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,937 Posts
Thanks guys - I've missed you all over the last couple of months (awww).

rossaer - the set up is as follows:

Easystar
40amp Turnigy plush speed control
Turnigy something something motor -sorry I forget!
6x5 prop
Eagle Tree OSD, elogger etc etc
DX161 camera
Rangevideo 300mw 1.2GHz video transmitter
Home made pan and tilt
Thomas Scherrer 433MHz Long Rage radio module on my DX7

Jugjock - I am not doing any of the work. I live in an apartment, and it was not built properly in terms of waterproofing, so a company was hired to do all of the work for the entire complex. They are taking soooooooooo looooooooong.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:38 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
Jugjock - I am not doing any of the work. I live in an apartment, and it was not built properly in terms of waterproofing, so a company was hired to do all of the work for the entire complex. They are taking soooooooooo looooooooong.
Bummer Gree, I saw a doco on TV about all the apartments that were build in Sydney for the 2000 Olympics,
apparently there was a real shortage of tradesmen so a lot of corners were cut.
One couple found that when their up stairs neighbour had a shower it rained in their apartment!

BIW.
BuildItWright is offline Find More Posts by BuildItWright
Old Jul 21, 2011, 03:48 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,937 Posts
Hi BIW. Well guess what! I live in one of those apartments that were built during that time. Apparently the government changed the laws to allow the developers to certify their own buildings! No surprises then that Multiplex did a crap job and didn't waterproof anything properly... And got away with it.

Nearly all fixed but it is costing us $30K for our share of the $6,000,000 bill to put everything right!

Ah well... Still it is appreciating nicely

I'll get my room back probably in over a month
Old Jul 21, 2011, 04:11 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
872 Posts
The repairs should have been covered by the builders warranty I would have thought?
BuildItWright is offline Find More Posts by BuildItWright
Old Jul 21, 2011, 04:18 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,937 Posts
Nope. It's out of it's seven year warranty. There's talk of suing but I doubt it'll happen.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 06:24 AM
Porto Alegre, Brazil
Joined Feb 2011
4 Posts
No news about your P-47, gree? Well, not that i have any rights to talk about that since i own a P-47 in the box for a year now :P
Hope everything is alright.
danielcelta is offline Find More Posts by danielcelta
Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:04 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,937 Posts
Hey thanks for checking in. Don't worry I WILL finish it. The bloody builders are STILL working on our place 6 months later, after what was supposed to be a 2week job.

Angry doesn't even begin to cover it... Until they finish, I can't set up my work area, and without that I can't complete the '47. We have been promised next week so we will see. I will definitely be posting here again when I am able to get started once more. I hope I have not forgotten everything I have to do by now...