HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 07, 2008, 02:17 AM
San Jose, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
132 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Careful!
Anyone received a shipment from Wing Warrior (Frank Manrriquez) ?

I sent a MO to Frank Manrriquez (Wing Warrior) in Las Vegas last month for a Pulsar. Original post here :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808945

Frank acknowledged receipt of the payment on April 26th as stated below via PM:

-------------------------------------
Apr 26, 2008, 10:05 AM
wing warrior

Re: Pulsar

RECIEVED PAYMENT
I'LL PM YOU WITH TRACKING # AFTER I SHIP.....FRANK

---------------------------------------

After repeated attempts on PM's and emails to Frank, there has been no reply back from him till date. I am getting very anxious since it is now close to 2 weeks with no communication from him..

Anybody have experience with "Wing Warrior" or Frank Manrriquez ? in Las Vegas... I don't know what other avenue to pursue..
ropuri is online now Find More Posts by ropuri
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2008, 12:17 PM
San Jose, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
132 Posts
Update

Got an email finally from Frank.. Says was out of town and the Pulsar will be shipped out on Thursday.. Hope all goes well..
Old May 12, 2008, 01:16 AM
San Jose, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
132 Posts
No Shipment till now

After waiting till date, I still have got any confirmation from Frank on shipping the Pulsar.. I have written him several times and no response.. I am at a standstill and do not know if I should actually file a Report with the police or keep waiting ..

Any Suggestions on next steps .. Frank got my original payment on April 26th and has still not shipped out the promised Plane..

Thanks..
Old May 12, 2008, 06:28 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
Did you get a phone number before making the deal?

But first this is give him a bit more time. It's only been about two weeks, most agencies won't even look at it until a minimum of 30 days has past.

What I would do before contacting the Police, is to send this guy an email or PM advising him that he has 7 - 10 days to either get the plane to you that he sold you or refund your money or you will contact the police to begin a theft report. I would also post it here as well in BIG BOLD LETTERS on a NEW THREAD to catch his and everyone elses attention.

The next step if the above doesn't work.

1. go to your local law enforcement agency and request to speak to somneone from the internet crimes division. Most agencies have them now. If not speak to whom ever you can preferrable the investigative division and demand to file a theft report.

2. Then contact the law enforcement agency where this guy lives and do the same thing. They will mostlikely want all information you have pertaining to this incident like emails, copy of money order or receipt. Also give them the case report number and individual you reported to in your jurisdiction.

The only problem with these kinds of cases are jurisdictional boundaries, but with the new internet crimes laws and units to enforce them it is getting better. The biggest hurdle is the court proceeding, where the defendant has the right to face his accuser so with that said, you may have to make the trip to Las Vegas or where ever they deem the crime to actually occur.

I'm not an attorney and can't really speak on that part, which will be up to state attorney I would imagine.

I got out of police work about the time the internet really kicked off and about the time smaller agencies were starting to get involved with the internet stuff.
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
Old May 12, 2008, 06:39 AM
Mt. Dora, Florida
USA, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Dec 2006
4,040 Posts
Trader Rating: 70
A couple of things here, you should have checked his feedback, he has one question mark and a fairly recent negative for taking a month for something. Also, his last post on here from what I can find was April 28, 08. So he may have had a personal emergency or out of town, but he should have sent out your stuff of conacted you to let you know of the delay.

I just can't understand why there is such a lack of communication between sellers and buyes when it's is easier then it has ever been in history with the cell phones & computers for emails & pm's. This would solve alot of the problems.
mtdoramike is offline Find More Posts by mtdoramike
Old May 12, 2008, 09:04 PM
San Jose, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
132 Posts
Update..

Thanks for the Suggestions. I already sent Frank an email and PM that I will wait till this week and then move forward with a Police report. Will keep this thread updated.
Last edited by ropuri; May 12, 2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Update
Old May 13, 2008, 08:01 AM
United States, KS, Coffeyville
Joined Aug 2005
733 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
There is way too much of this kind of BS going on these days. Hope you get this straigthened out soon. Good luck...
Snooptalian is online now Find More Posts by Snooptalian
Old May 13, 2008, 11:25 AM
I fly, therefore I am.
Dade City, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
3,095 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
yeah, waaaay too much of this goin' on. Be sure to send the seller a link to this thread, so he can see himself as a subject of discussion....
Cessna 182 is offline Find More Posts by Cessna 182
Old May 18, 2008, 12:11 AM
San Jose, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
132 Posts
Reply and hopeful

I finally got a reply from Frank that he has been busy and has finally packed up the plane for shipment (3 weeks after payment). I am hopeful this transaction will go smoothly and will update this thread accordingly.
Old May 25, 2008, 12:34 AM
San Jose, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
132 Posts
Plane received

Finally received the plane from Frank.. Close to 1 month after he got my payment. I will be a bit more careful who I deal with next time.

Thanks RCG
Closed Thread