HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2008, 04:19 AM
Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined Sep 2003
179 Posts
Contest
Bulgaria F3J Cup - FAI World Cup, Contest Eurotour, Balkan Cup event

Last weekend 3-4 may was run Bulgaria F3J Cup. Conditions were good but sometimes challenging, especially saturday after 15.00 - crosswind and near no thermics. Few 1000 with 5-6 min. flights.
First flyoff was 10-11 minutes challenge for most, second was start in huge thermal.

www.f3j-bulgaria.hit.bg

Many thank's of all people who made this event possible!
Sotir is offline Find More Posts by Sotir
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2008, 09:54 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,789 Posts
Sotir,
Thanks for the update! Great photos, the flying site appears perfect for F3J. Primoz is definitely at the top of his game,did he fly the Shadow he is holding on the podium? I see you also did well, Congratulations! I will see you in Adapazari
Larry
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
Old May 06, 2008, 11:25 AM
Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined Sep 2003
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Jolly
Sotir,
Thanks for the update! Great photos, the flying site appears perfect for F3J. Primoz is definitely at the top of his game,did he fly the Shadow he is holding on the podium? I see you also did well, Congratulations! I will see you in Adapazari
Larry
Hi Larry,

NAN Models give 2 models for winners senior and junior. Primoz fly NAN Models Xplorer, I also.
Old May 06, 2008, 12:17 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,789 Posts
Sotir,
Thanks, please give my best Regards to the Team at Nan models, it is wonderful that they are being so supportive of F3J. Now that you have more time on the Explorer I would be interested in your thoughts on its performance. If I remember you flew the Shadow before the Explorer. Can you talk about the differences? Do you know what Feigel will fly at the WC's. thanks Larry
Old May 06, 2008, 01:08 PM
Sofia, Bulgaria
Joined Sep 2003
179 Posts
Because my Xplorer is X-tail (V-tail version is near ready) it's easy to handle then V-tail Shadows and Xperience Pro that I fly. How say my friend "to easy to be good". Stall is on very low speed and it's mild only nose is droped.
I fly one of first prototypes and it's litle over 2200 g, but in dead air I measure near same results as my 1960 g Shadow. Interesting thing was when I put my ballast in (436 g) only 1,2 m more sink per minute was recorded on altimeter. Hope I can test soon new Xplorer and V-tail version also.
Old May 08, 2008, 04:47 PM
Joined Mar 2006
45 Posts
Explorer

A few more photo,s of Nans new model taken at the Bulgaria comp.This was a great competition in very challenging conditions .The weather influenced by the surrounding mountains .I will look forward to next years comp.Wixy

wixy3 is offline Find More Posts by wixy3
Old May 09, 2008, 09:48 AM
F3X
Costa Mesa, CA USA
Joined Jun 2001
1,822 Posts
Great shots, you guys have some beautiful country.
F3X is offline Find More Posts by F3X
Old May 09, 2008, 12:30 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
Wow! Absolutely beautiful countryside. Great photo's thank you so much for posting.

Kind regards,

Mike Smith
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Old May 09, 2008, 06:27 PM
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,932 Posts
Nice Landscape

Wixy/Sotir;

You have a beautiful country! Looks colder that when I was there last summer staying with Nicolay and family, it was very warm!

I can't wait to get my hands on the new Explorer, very nice looking model..

Best wishes,
Bob Breaux
Bro is online now Find More Posts by Bro
Site Sponsor
Old May 09, 2008, 07:12 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,789 Posts
Bob,
You back in the States? I heard about some old Surfer Dude getting eaten by Sharks, I was hoping it wasn't you:-) I think you will probably sell a bunch of Explorers. I think some people underestimate the products from NAN. I have seen that they are a little softer than some of F3J models. But from what I have seen they are strong enough, and the build quality is definitely coming right up to world standards. I have seen the Explorer in the hands of Primoz and Sotir, they seem to get the job done just fine. Get Nicolay to send you one to test over to Adapazari next month, and I will drag it home for you.
Larry
Old May 09, 2008, 09:23 PM
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,932 Posts
NAN Explorer

LJ,
still suffering on the beach down south... 85air 77 in water..

No sharks here, lots of Marlin!

We shall see if the Explorers get here before the WC... I hope so!

We got lots of Shadows, and Experiences coming with 2.4 fuses next week, the Team models looked real good!

Talk soon,
B
Site Sponsor
Old May 12, 2008, 05:48 PM
Joined Mar 2006
45 Posts
Hi guys think I might of confused some , I was one of the Uk Pilots, I posted the photo,s as I guessed many of you like me would be interested in the new Nan Model Explorer.
Plus the flying site was spectacular so I included the extra shots .
I think the Explorer will be available shortly after the WC.
Larry I asked Sebastian which of the Nan models he preferred ,He is confident he would fly well with any of their 3 current f3j models but likes the all round capability of the Xpro .(Prefers Vtails )
As for the strength of Nans models .these guys are working closely with some of europes best pilots so feed back is pretty good and can be seen in the continuos improvement in their quality.
Some of the uk pilots fly full carbon shadows ( special order at extra cost )that will take full power from our f3b spec winches with little wing flex.
One UK pilot gave his shadow the ultimate test whilst at the Bulgaria comp .
When flying in thermal some how started to fly wrong model his went vertical from great height and landed with nose buried up to wing in soft peat bog .
Most damage was done trying to pull model out fuz broke in 2 but only minor damage to wing .A week later Shadow was repaired and flying in local UK comp.
if I had this guys luck I would try buying a lottery ticket .
wixy
wixy3 is offline Find More Posts by wixy3
Old May 12, 2008, 06:18 PM
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,932 Posts
Bulgaria Cup

Wixy;
sorry, though you were were from Bulgaria. Nice pics !
I am sure the Explorer will be another winner!

Yes, the wings/spars are quite strong, here's a pic of inside the factory...
Spar layup, almost ready for the "hot room"...

And another of the Fuse production of a Vtail Experience pro..
Husband and wife team on this one..

I look forward to my next visit!

Best wishes,
Bob
Site Sponsor
Old May 14, 2008, 07:13 PM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
I flew in Romania two years ago and drove back through Bulgaria, some beautiful countryside with great development potential aided by the EEC relationship. Great contrasts evident on the road where there are/were still about 20% horse drawn vehicles being overtaken by Semis loaded with Samsungs from the factory down the road.

Look forward to the opportunity to go back one day.
davidleitch is offline Find More Posts by davidleitch