Closed Thread
Old May 04, 2008, 11:19 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Yippee!
ParkZone's New Warbird F4U Corsair

Hey ALL, It looks like Horizon Hobby is going to WOW us with another great plane. It looks like it will be built similar to the T-28 Trojan but with a few upgrades. This is what we know so far... The following is a quote taken from this thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=832450
I cannot take credit for any of the following information as it was taken from the above thread but I thought it might be helpful to direct all of the discussion on this plane to a thread specifically created for this plane. If I am wrong in doing so, somebody let me know
Here are some cool points:

1) It's Z-foam
2) It's the same size as the T-28, with the same motor
3) It's painted
4) The RTF will come with a genuine Spektrum DX5e transmitter
4) The ESC is an all-new 30A with a switch-mode BEC

I think you're going to like it.

David Eichstedt
Horizon Hobby

And here is a little more from Dave in the same forum...

So, yeah, it's an F4U Corsair! We're really proud of how it has turned out. It flies very much like the T-28.

The three-bladed prop you see in the photos is the stock prop, but we're also throwing-in the 2-bladed T-28 prop for those who want just a little more efficiency.

A bonus for you belly-landers, we're including two plastic skid plates at the bend of the wing to provide some extra durability. They install simply with two screws and a patch of double-sided tape.

Yes, it has a steerable tail wheel.

The one in the photos that got mid-aired was repaired quickly and flown again throughout the weekend. That's what's cool about Z-foam.

July really does seem realistic at this point.

And now, I need to spend some time with my boy. I've been gone on business for two weeks and he deserves some time with Daddy.

Enjoy!

David Eichstedt
Horizon Hobby

Again, by opening this thread, I only hope to help direct all of the discussion on this new exciting plane into one place. Thanks. I can't wait!!!
Now, if only we could find some video of this plane...

Added 5-5-08: First Videos of the Parkzone Corsair
New ParkZone Corsair @ SEFF 2008 (2 min 2 sec)

ParkZone Corsair in Midair @ SEFF 2008 (0 min 36 sec)
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Last edited by ty_horn; May 28, 2008 at 08:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2008, 11:29 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Hi Ty-Horn!

I am very interested in this model as the T-28 Trojan has been very impressive.

Yeah, I would like for Park Zone to include some improvements from those who shown a willingness to allow a distributor to incorporate Lessons Learned via these Threads and for those (Horizon Hobby) representatives that have told many of us here that it is our imagination about all these issues with the T-28, they need not to apply~!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Last edited by guapoman2000; May 05, 2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old May 04, 2008, 11:32 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Hey Guapoman
It sure sounds like they heard some of the concerns that people were having with their T-28s according to the listed upgrades. I guess I am wondering what that will do to the price... hopefully nothing
Oh, and an ARF would be great as well...
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old May 04, 2008, 11:49 PM
Joined May 2008
19 Posts
Hey Ty, thanks for centering the Corsair info here. The other thread was getting a bit cluttered. This plane looks very nice and will probably be my second "real" RC plane, after the Trojan I will be getting soon of course. Anyway, I can't wait!

-Grizz
grizzjr1 is offline Find More Posts by grizzjr1
Old May 05, 2008, 12:02 AM
100% addicted to RC :)
USA, CA, La Verne
Joined Feb 2008
1,695 Posts
I probably won't be picking one up...I think I'll opt for E Flites hawker sea furry since I can easily install retracts on it. Looks like a decent plane though...wish it was something...different...
finchkid24 is offline Find More Posts by finchkid24
Old May 05, 2008, 12:03 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,422 Posts
Subscribed
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old May 05, 2008, 12:07 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,502 Posts
i am in
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old May 05, 2008, 12:09 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchkid24
I probably won't be picking one up...I think I'll opt for E Flites hawker sea furry since I can easily install retracts on it. Looks like a decent plane though...wish it was something...different...
I agree that there are many Corsairs out there, however, considering that in the beginning, I did not pay too much attention to the Park Zone T-28 because I just thought of it as another Short Stub, Fat Fuse War World 2 Trainer and I have seen "other" T-28's I did not bought one until my Buddy got one and flew his.....these Z-Foam models from Park Zone fly very very well. For the $$$$ they are the best SCALE jobs!!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old May 05, 2008, 12:12 AM
Joined May 2008
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchkid24
Actuall, I am as of know thinking about the Hawker. What should I get for the transmitter, receiver, servos, ect.? I just need something cheap. Please help me out, lol. Thins looks like a nice plane. Thanks!!!

-Grizz
grizzjr1 is offline Find More Posts by grizzjr1
Old May 05, 2008, 12:25 AM
100% addicted to RC :)
USA, CA, La Verne
Joined Feb 2008
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzjr1
Actuall, I am as of know thinking about the Hawker. What should I get for the transmitter, receiver, servos, ect.? I just need something cheap. Please help me out, lol. Thins looks like a nice plane. Thanks!!!

-Grizz
Invest in a GOOD radio (JR Hitech Futaba...any big name). Use a Hi Tec Mirco 05S if you only want to use 4 channels for the receiver. Servos...HS-55s for everything BUT retracts.
finchkid24 is offline Find More Posts by finchkid24
Old May 05, 2008, 12:45 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,650 Posts
It's been a while since I purchased a Park Zone plane, but I think I'm gonna have to get this one.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old May 05, 2008, 12:54 AM
SF Bay Area, CA
Joined Feb 2006
857 Posts
subscribed
glucoseboy is offline Find More Posts by glucoseboy
Old May 05, 2008, 01:36 AM
Joined Nov 2007
98 Posts
My PZ P51 is INCREDIBLY beautiful....but much too fragile...underpowered....outdated motor and batteries...but it is so pretty that I continue to fly it. A main factor for me buying it was that my local hobby store had spare wings, tail feathers, EVERYTHING right there on the shelf if I needed a repair/replacement part after a crash. I like to fly, not build....I'm not a big fan of the style of the T28, but the improvements in the motor (fantastic!), the lipo battery (yea!), and the sturdy foam made me jump in and buy one. Awsome plane. I have had probably 13-14 light crashes and not a single sign of damage. I have worn this poor plane out in the last 6 months and absolutely LOVE it.

Hearing that Parkzone is coming out with a Corsair this summer is great news. Hearing that it will be done like the T28 and NOT the PZ Mustang is WONDERFUL! I will be stopping by my local hobby shop on Monday to put my deposit down on a RTF vertion since I have been wanting to switch over to a 2.4gz radio anyway!

I got out of the hobby 20 years ago because I got tired of repairing balsa and covering wings. These new Parkzone planes have allowed me to once again enjoy the hobby. Please continue to make replacement parts available...Please continue to make them as durable as the T28.....and while we are at it, can we PLEASE redo the Mustang to be like the T28 and new Corsair? The Mustang is one heck of a looker, but so was my ex wife, and I had to get rid of her too! I got me a reliable wife, and would like a better built Mustang too! Thanks!
JeffInDFW is offline Find More Posts by JeffInDFW
Old May 05, 2008, 01:42 AM
Regina, SK
Joined Nov 2006
1,651 Posts
I'll buy one! I've always loved the corsair and since I'm not a builder, this is PERFECT for me!

Rob
Rob_G is offline Find More Posts by Rob_G
Old May 05, 2008, 01:48 AM
Regina, SK
Joined Nov 2006
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
I agree that there are many Corsairs out there, however, considering that in the beginning, I did not pay too much attention to the Park Zone T-28 because I just thought of it as another Short Stub, Fat Fuse War World 2 Trainer and I have seen "other" T-28's I did not bought one until my Buddy got one and flew his.....these Z-Foam models from Park Zone fly very very well. For the $$$$ they are the best SCALE jobs!!
I initially brushed off the T-28 as well because it was not one of the 'classic' warbirds. I half-heartedly ordered one on a whim and have not looked back. ParkZone has a really good design to build upon and this corsair looks great! Carlos, get your black sheep squadron jacket ready....!

Rob
Rob_G is offline Find More Posts by Rob_G
Closed Thread