HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2008, 03:38 AM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,227 Posts
Crash, sweet video. The shots on the model train made me chuckle.
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2008, 06:57 PM
Palo Alto Ca
Joined Jul 2008
22 Posts
Interesting review. Its about time someone makes a completely packaged FPV set. I kinda built one myself from parts from various websites. Flying FPV is an awesome rush and congratulations on getting it .
Bobbert is offline Find More Posts by Bobbert
Old Sep 09, 2008, 09:09 PM View Post
rclander
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). It is temporarily hidden while rclander edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 10:27 AM
My planes have left thrust :s
United Kingdom, St Albans
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
How long till a 5.8ghz one is available? i have a dx6i
vanepico is offline Find More Posts by vanepico
Old Sep 10, 2008, 10:42 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
i think the head tracking is an absolute must if you are having pan and tilt cause if you use a stick you will get confused as to which way the camera is pointing, whereas if you look that way you know you are turning that way
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:38 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,146 Posts

Available at http://www.aeropix.ch/store/index.ph...products_id=16
typicalaimster is online now Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Oct 01, 2008, 11:31 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
I have been wanting one for soooooo long. Ok, just over a year, but it feels really long.

But I am still going to wait on the 5.8 frequency.
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Old Dec 11, 2008, 02:39 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D
That's really cool and I want one, but pricy.

I'm sure the goggles are a chick magnet at the field too. Seriously.

You have chicks at your flying filed?

Wow I wanna fly where you do

I we have is geeks, nerds and over grown children

Ben
p.s. I fit into all the above categories! (except the chick one of course)
wazzer is offline Find More Posts by wazzer
Old Dec 18, 2008, 03:44 AM
Australia, VIC, Metung
Joined Oct 2008
670 Posts
Using a 2.4ghz fpv system that cannot work with any 2.4ghz radio is a little short sighted, to put it mildly. The 'ol 2 steps forward, one step backwards comes to mind, not to mention the poor video quality this kind of system exhibits.

I'm waiting for a better system or at least until the crazy price of this relatively cheaply made system comes down.
wingsnapa is offline Find More Posts by wingsnapa
Old Dec 21, 2008, 07:02 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone
You can still use it when others are flying 2.4 at your field. We tested it while two other pilots were flying Spektrum radios. The FPV pilot could not stand next to the 2.4 pilots, but if you get 20 yards or so away from the 2.4 radios it worked. Good news for 2.4 guys, is that we are working on a 5.8GHz camera system

Jason Cole
Hobby-Lobby
The 5.8Ghz would be great since maybe 50% of the flyers out there that would buy it cannot use your product. Most pilots that would buy this cutting edge technology are the ones that buy the latest of everything. i.e..2.4Ghz radios.
A1Flyer is offline Find More Posts by A1Flyer
Old Jan 25, 2009, 03:42 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
So why not look at one of the 1.2gHz systems?
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Old Jan 25, 2009, 08:39 AM
Joined Sep 2005
1,850 Posts
what if a guy walks up to you while flying with a switched on spekky unit? your bollocked!
Old Jan 25, 2009, 09:01 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,146 Posts
Not really, you just get lines across your display. I've accidentally left my cell phone with bluetooth turned on next to my video RX.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2009, 07:14 PM
Always looking UP
Lilburn, Georgia, USA
Joined Nov 2000
2,361 Posts
Awesome videos guys! I wonder how long it will be before we get to see a stroll down the beach?

I think this technology is awesome, however 2 things keep me from diving into it. First is obviously the price, in todays economically troubled world, Its too bad this wasnt around 3 years ago! Second, as an RC pilot, this FPV stuff becomes more of a new hobby, combining flying with videography, which I am sure takes up alot of time. Transporting and setup seems like it would be a real chore. Hobby-Lobbys price of $579 seems too steep for me, and I'm sure alot of other pilots, considering the bare bones of the product. Just giving my opinion, at that price I would think a pan and tilt would be included, or perhaps the price would be more in reach at say $375, if not oh $299! Im sure as the market becomes more competitive and reaches a larger audience, the prices will have to come down.

I know alot of interested pilots, but its just out of reach. Looks as though the majority of owners will either be well off, or working this for its commercial potential.

All I can do is marvel at the effort and beauty from those more fortunate FPV owners and their contributions!
FANMAN is offline Find More Posts by FANMAN
Old Feb 10, 2009, 05:43 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,146 Posts
After you break the price down, it's pretty clear how much your investing in a FPV system. This is just for the video alone..

$60 for a video TX (500mw)
$50 for a video RX
$90 for the video cam (KX-171)
$300 on average for a GOOD pair of video glasses

If you wanted to add in head tracking there are only a few solutions out there. Most are on the average of $200. Keep in mind this is still missing a few items such as batteries for the system and a voltage regulator.

There are other "All in one" solutions out there in the $375 range. You just have to search around in the FPV forum for them. The only problem is they operate on the 2.4ghz frequency. Which one again can cause a problem with spread spectrum / hopping based systems (aka FASST, Spektrum, and everyone else) when you are within close proximity.
RCG Plus Member