HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by T-Bo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 15, 2003, 02:45 PM
To Close....Switching to Guns.
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Feb 2002
155 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
WTB Sub-Micro Servo(s)

Cirrus, GWS, hitec.....don't really care about the make.

But I would prefer a Hitec/Futaba plug (unless you can use a JR or Airtronics plug with a Hitec/Futaba Reciever!!??)

Just needs to be sub-micro and preferably ball bearing.

May take more than one for a back-up if the price is right.

Paypal is payment of choice for me.

Thanks in advance,

Trev.
T-Bo is offline Find More Posts by T-Bo
Last edited by T-Bo; Jan 16, 2003 at 12:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2003, 05:35 PM
crazy about airliner
forest MS, USA
Joined Mar 2002
292 Posts
micro servo

hey t-bo
check your p.m
jermaine is offline Find More Posts by jermaine
Old Jan 16, 2003, 12:59 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Feb 2002
155 Posts
TTT
Old Jan 16, 2003, 01:32 PM
SRM
Ontario, CANADA
Joined Dec 2000
272 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
I have several brand new older Hitec small servos that I would sell. Never used and complete with the small hardware bags. I believe they were originally labelled Apollo 20 but were identical to the later Hitec HS-101 servos.

Size is 34 x 14 x 32 all in milimeters and weight is 23 grams each.

$20 Cdn each.
SRM is offline Find More Posts by SRM
Old Jan 16, 2003, 01:48 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Feb 2002
155 Posts
SRM:

I wish I could by from a fellow Canadian, save on shipping!!!

Unfortunatly the servos you quoted me are not "sub-micro"

The servo size I am looking for is around 22mm*11mm*20mm and weights about 10 grams, such as the GWS Naro or PICO servos, or the Hitec HS-55 servos (HS-81 are sub-micro I beileve as well).

The servos you have I think are the "Mini" size.

They really should come up with a standardized naming convention for all servos. Since "Sub-Micro" actually sounds bigger than the "Mini" servo!

Thanks for the offer though!

Trev.
Old Jan 16, 2003, 02:38 PM
Redwood City, CA USA
Joined Mar 2002
495 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
You may want to consider the servos that Air Craft is offering. 9gram servos, same power as Pico servos and cost less than $13 USD each (and cheaper if you buy a 4 pack). Total shipping to Canada should be $2.50 USD. I ordered some a few weeks ago, and they arrived within 6 days from Japan. Dave at AC is a great guy to deal with, and i'm in no way affiliated with him....other than being one of his happy customers

http://www.aircraft-world.com/products.asp?id=50
planekrazy is offline Find More Posts by planekrazy
Old Jan 16, 2003, 02:46 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
Trader Rating: 58
Plane;

I have thought of ordering those servos. what do you think of them?

Kirby
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Jan 16, 2003, 03:03 PM
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Jun 2002
1,181 Posts
Trader Rating: 106
I have some of those cheaper servos..they work okay but are not as smooth as Hitec or GWS..they seem very notchy/rough..I never had one fail but I only use them in planes I don`t care about
mlehman is offline Find More Posts by mlehman
Old Jan 16, 2003, 04:21 PM
Redwood City, CA USA
Joined Mar 2002
495 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
I've been on the road in WI area (man its cold here) for the last two weeks, no time to try them, so i have no personal experience with them at all...

Note, I read these posts a while back and was pretty much convinced to get them but didn't need to order anything from AC at the time, so i held off.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...09+micro+servo

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...09+micro+servo

Last month i was in a LHS in the bay area where they were getting rid of their Cirrus CS-20 for like $16 each, why? they said Cirrus was replacing their CS-20s (which are GWS Naro servos) with these new p&c servos, Cirrus new part number being CS-09 (http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/444045.asp). The LHS store was selling the new CS-09 for something like $19, then i realized the new Cirrus looked just like the AC-09micros i'd seen on AC's website and exited stage left quietly without buying from the LHS I know Cirrus may not have a great reputation for offering quality servos, but at least they are an established company that carries R/C gear and accessories (gearsets, horns, etc.) so that made me more comfortable. Why would they replace CS-20s with crap? To lower costs of course, but if a vendor releases crap, they will lose market share as a result, decline in sales and/or higher support/operation costs...i somehow trust that Cirrus did their homework before they switched to the CS-09 (p&c servos). Well at least that's my story and i'm sticking to it

Btw, I don't expect them to be as nice as more expensive micro servos, but then again most of the HS-55 servos i bought new are noisy as well. At that price i figured if they performed rough i'd pull the GWS Pico BB servos from my TM and use these AC-09s instead. Then i could re-use the GWS Pico BB in another model, but i really don't think its going to come to that
planekrazy is offline Find More Posts by planekrazy
Old Jan 16, 2003, 05:00 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Feb 2002
155 Posts
Thanks for that website planekrazy!

I'm thinking I'm just going to spend the extra $6 and get a GWS NARO unless someone steps forward soon with a servo they want to sell me for cheaper.

The servo is for the rudder on my Terry with Ailerons.

All the other servos are Cirrus servos and haven't had any problems except for this one (but I think it is because I over trimmed it off its center).

2.50 shipping for Japan is a great deal!

Great hobbies in Canada wants $35 Cdn for it (GWS NARO) and usually will add $5 for shipping. Kinda sad when I can get it cheaper from Japan, but hey, works for me

Trev.
Old Jan 16, 2003, 08:09 PM
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Jun 2002
1,181 Posts
Trader Rating: 106
I use the PC-09 servo for rudders mainly..like I said I never had one fail..they are just not the smoothest servos

Mike
mlehman is offline Find More Posts by mlehman
Old Jan 17, 2003, 04:08 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Feb 2002
155 Posts
TTT
Old Feb 21, 2003, 02:50 PM
WAA pilot #167 (yeah baby!)
Far, Far, Far West Texas. ie. El Paso
Joined Aug 2002
950 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I have four P&C servos in use for about six months now. (The small 9 gram ones) Recently I started getting alot of chatter from one along with a lot of glitches on the RX. I swapped out the radio but the trouble persisted. Checked speed controllers, ect.. I eventually swapped the offending servo out with a GWS pico and all was well. I haven't had a chance to open it up to check out the guts, maybe a cold solder joint?

I too agree that the P&C is not as smooth as the GWS or HiTec. I hope this is not a sign of problems to come with the remaining three P&C's. This is the first trouble I've had but then again for the $9.99 each I paid for them I guess I shouldn't complain.

Buy cheap and you buy twice!!

-Adam
Ahawk is offline Find More Posts by Ahawk
Last edited by Ahawk; Feb 21, 2003 at 02:52 PM.
Closed Thread