HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2011, 02:41 PM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,306 Posts
Rick is that the plane I was spotted you on a couple of weekends ago? The speedster.
neck is online now Find More Posts by neck
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2011, 03:49 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,848 Posts
No, that was my white one. 4S going 100 mph. This is the same model, different plane from same mother but the stock power system.
Gray and some crash damage but if Rob wants a cheap way to begin to go fast....
It would be a GREAT plane for you too. Teik-Ee and Chad can bring their video cameras...

Rick
rampman is online now Find More Posts by rampman
Old Aug 16, 2011, 04:42 PM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,306 Posts
I was going to say you've seen me fly right. I mean yeah you used to help me get my slow stick up near the moon and then walk off and get a beer. I might hurt someone with that jet.

On the good side no crashes Sunday. I only did two flights with my P47 until someone broke the tail wheel. Getting me back for crashing his T-28 I think. My T28 had some free floating servos. Caught in PREFLIGHT check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman View Post
No, that was my white one. 4S going 100 mph. This is the same model, different plane from same mother but the stock power system.
Gray and some crash damage but if Rob wants a cheap way to begin to go fast....
It would be a GREAT plane for you too. Teik-Ee and Chad can bring their video cameras...

Rick
neck is online now Find More Posts by neck
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:53 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Sep 2010
1,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman View Post
Rob, i'll sell you a used Hobby Peoply Phase 3 EF-16 (google it) that runs on 3S and goes ~ 70-80mph. RX and 3S 2200 battery ready for $30. This is running the stock power system. No landing gear, must hand toss and belly land.
It is painted gray and needs some TLC and some touchup paint.
This is the same airframe I have that runs on 4S but the stock jet.
Rick, I'm interested. Let me get home and look at up on the web, but if you say it flys and its fast, I'll take it. Will PM you when I get home from work.
Vlodek9 is offline Find More Posts by Vlodek9
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:17 AM
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,848 Posts
'ear ---> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725426
'ear ---> http://www.google.com/search?q=phase...ed=0CCsQqwQwAA
and if you are really excited... watch to the end --->
Phase 3 EF-16 Maiden and CRASH! (2 min 6 sec)

Dis
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:51 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,700 Posts
Rob,

Let me help you by vouching for this plane. I have had 2, and am working on #3 now. The first 2 flew on stock power and did so very well. This plane is fast (80mph or more), is nimble, but is also pretty stable.

This was my most successful EDF and was very easy to hand launch. Trust me, $30 is a screaming deal that you should not pass up.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Aug 17, 2011, 01:08 PM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,848 Posts
You can make that plane look REALLY nice, too. I've been talking to Eric (this is his thread) about glassing. I am considering getting another twin jet, same HL kit as the one I have, and glassing it. Before and after pictures from his thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1391563

bsoder is offline Find More Posts by bsoder
Old Aug 17, 2011, 01:55 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
1,573 Posts
I have also had 2 of them, the grey one rick is selling was formerly mine, and his original was a gift from my dad and I after I put his Alfa A-4 straight in at full throttle from about 300 feet in Flagstaff (I swear he gave me the controls when the airplane was upside down).
M.Huerta is offline Find More Posts by M.Huerta
Old Aug 17, 2011, 04:35 PM
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Huerta View Post
... (I swear he gave me the controls when the airplane was upside down).
Shhhhhhhhhhhh... Don't tell Jim L.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 05:54 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,700 Posts
And it sports decals that I created. So that plane has a lot of history with our group.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Sep 05, 2011, 02:34 PM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,848 Posts
For you guys who are using the various electromechanical retracts out there - where do you get your axles, if you're not bending the shaft?
bsoder is offline Find More Posts by bsoder
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:41 PM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined May 2004
5,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
For you guys who are using the various electromechanical retracts out there - where do you get your axles, if you're not bending the shaft?
The E-flite ones come with them, but you can pick up axles at National Hobbies, call to make sure they have them in stock, if not, have them place some on order, it only takes a few days.

Victor
TBolt is online now Find More Posts by TBolt
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:17 PM
Registered Airplane Offender
Scottsdale, Arizona
Joined Jun 2006
5,147 Posts
HALP!

Anyone got a 45amp (min) ESC that they can sell me or at least lend me for the morning tomorrow? I have an issue.

My new warbird is completely ready to fly and chomping at the bit. I intend to fly it tomorrow bright and early before the cleanup begins. There's just one problem;

I'm using the same ESC that came out of the Hurricane when it crashed. It was a good Thunderbird 54amp from a reputable vendor. Worked great in the Hurricane.

However, between testing, I have noticed that even after sitting dormant for an hour or so, the ESC is STILL WARM. I hardly even ran it but for a few seconds at WOT.

Remember, the Hurricane crashed because of a mysterious radio issue (possibly ESC??).

I no longer feel comfortable trusting my new bird to this thing but I can't get a new ESC before tomorrow. Does anyone have a 45amp ESC they are willing to part with at least for the morning???

AND they are going out to the AMA field from early tomorrow??

Thanks!
greenseaships is offline Find More Posts by greenseaships
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:41 PM
Pattern Abuser
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Apr 2008
2,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenseaships View Post
HALP!

Anyone got a 45amp (min) ESC that they can sell me or at least lend me for the morning tomorrow? I have an issue.

My new warbird is completely ready to fly and chomping at the bit. I intend to fly it tomorrow bright and early before the cleanup begins. There's just one problem;

I'm using the same ESC that came out of the Hurricane when it crashed. It was a good Thunderbird 54amp from a reputable vendor. Worked great in the Hurricane.

However, between testing, I have noticed that even after sitting dormant for an hour or so, the ESC is STILL WARM. I hardly even ran it but for a few seconds at WOT.

Remember, the Hurricane crashed because of a mysterious radio issue (possibly ESC??).

I no longer feel comfortable trusting my new bird to this thing but I can't get a new ESC before tomorrow. Does anyone have a 45amp ESC they are willing to part with at least for the morning???

AND they are going out to the AMA field from early tomorrow??

Thanks!
See my post in the AMA thread...
jimflys1 is online now Find More Posts by jimflys1
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:54 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2010
3,535 Posts
http://cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2...kill-meals.cnn
12345 is offline Find More Posts by 12345