HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2011, 07:06 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42 View Post
I have an Eflight P-38 with two 35A ESC and Park 450's if anyone is interested. I think I flew it 10-12 times before getting obsessed with 3D There is a cheapo servo still in the nose for steering and I set it up for rudder control (takes two more servos for rudder). I'd sell it for say $100. I guess I should put this and a few other things I've had lying around for a while up in the for sale thread... perhaps tonight.
Rob, a NIP kit sells for around $160 shipped now. This is a GREAT deal.
I will add... if you lose one motor a pilot will most likely put the bird in. If you practice this, like John Magino, you may save it. I watched him do this once, Mike Pope did it too... You? Maybe not. Just $aying.
Also just $aying for the $100 + misc you already have on hand, don't pass this up. Wingspan is 48" but it flies light. Nothing fancy on these but they are pretty detailed.
I have one and still love flying it.

http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_planes_e...Fcas7QodgCcKLg

Rick
rampman is offline Find More Posts by rampman
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2011, 08:46 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
I'd go for the T-28. Nothing but great reviews. Tricycle gear so nose-overs aren't an issue. Matt Sylvester loves his...

Second choice would be the FMS Corsair... The one from Nitroplanes, not Banana.

Third choice is the Starmax Skyraider. With the Skyraider you'll have to upgrade the retracts immediately though ($20).

I've been following the new folding wing Corsair. It will be shipping mid Sept. Let others be the guinnea pigs!
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Old Aug 09, 2011, 09:51 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Sep 2010
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman View Post
Rob, a NIP kit sells for around $160 shipped now. This is a GREAT deal.
I will add... if you lose one motor a pilot will most likely put the bird in. If you practice this, like John Magino, you may save it. I watched him do this once, Mike Pope did it too... You? Maybe not. Just $aying.
Also just $aying for the $100 + misc you already have on hand, don't pass this up. Wingspan is 48" but it flies light. Nothing fancy on these but they are pretty detailed.
I have one and still love flying it.

http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_planes_e...Fcas7QodgCcKLg

Rick
Everything you say is true. But financially I'm not ready to buy even though this is great deal. But now you got me thinking also if I should even consider a twin motor plane. There is allot of truth to what you said about me not being able to control it if an engine goes out.
Vlodek9 is online now Find More Posts by Vlodek9
Old Aug 09, 2011, 10:05 PM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlodek9 View Post
Everything you say is true. But financially I'm not ready to buy even though this is great deal. But now you got me thinking also if I should even consider a twin motor plane. There is allot of truth to what you said about me not being able to control it if an engine goes out.
Less of an issue with electrics (to open a can o' worms... )
bsoder is offline Find More Posts by bsoder
Old Aug 09, 2011, 11:11 PM
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlodek9 View Post
If you can't afford $100.00 today how long will it take to have $275.00 for one of the others? 2 weeks? 4 weeks? I am an impatient man and want to see another new plane, er, YOU get a new toy plane.

Rick
Old Aug 09, 2011, 11:47 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,212 Posts
My woman, is very upset at me right now because she went to bed without me. I have homework from work to do. I have meetings with very high ranking management and Army officers all day tomorrow. If it all goes well, I could get a very nice promotion. But what am I doing…. I’m watching youtube videos of flights on the models I’m interested in. And yes, it is killing me that I have to wait. But, I’m also currently working on my p-47 which I have been putting off for almost a year now. Only reason it’s not done is because I need batteries, engine mount, and few odds and ends (about $100 to $200 worth). That’s why I don’t have an extra $100 right now. It’s still a win win situation. One of the models will be mine. Ohh yes, it will be mine.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:40 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,209 Posts
I'm horse trading some Nico kits for a 1430mm Corsair (grey version) at Big Jolt. Can't wait to get it!

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:33 PM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined May 2004
5,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
I'm horse trading some Nico kits for a 1430mm Corsair (grey version) at Big Jolt. Can't wait to get it!

Pat
I have the Blue one, I will not have her out for at least three weeks, I have to work again this weekend, next weekend I will be hanging with my old Marine Corp buddy (yea, we will talk about old times and how we were recruited at Tun Tavern), so flying will have to wait.
TBolt is offline Find More Posts by TBolt
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:54 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,209 Posts
I most likely won't be out flying again until after Big Jolt. Too much to do before then.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:24 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2010
3,507 Posts
meteor showers if your up early tomorrow http://www.space.com/12593-perseid-m...ving-tips.html
12345 is offline Find More Posts by 12345
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:55 PM
Pattern Abuser
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Apr 2008
2,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
meteor showers if your up early tomorrow http://www.space.com/12593-perseid-m...ving-tips.html
Hopefully it will still be on after I finish my very early bike ride. I will need a shower for sure...
jimflys1 is offline Find More Posts by jimflys1
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:18 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,212 Posts
Jet day!! Jet day!!

Alright, we are in business. Just saw the official invite on AMAs RC group thread that the 2011 Jet Day is on Sep 24th.
For me, that means I have to learn how to fly EDFs. Ideally I would like to fly the Falcon 120 on that day. So I guess I have allot of learning to do before then. Any and all help,\suggestions would be apriciated.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:40 AM
Totally!!
USA, AZ, Tempe
Joined Jan 2009
1,089 Posts
Put that 4 cell in ur red arrow, or go get a habu, or meteor. They fly very nice!!!

Your red arrow is a hot little plane!! Maybe get a cheap foam one to get you going...
bolibruch1 is offline Find More Posts by bolibruch1
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:25 AM
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,773 Posts
Rob, i'll sell you a used Hobby Peoply Phase 3 EF-16 (google it) that runs on 3S and goes ~ 70-80mph. RX and 3S 2200 battery ready for $30. This is running the stock power system. No landing gear, must hand toss and belly land.
It is painted gray and needs some TLC and some touchup paint.
This is the same airframe I have that runs on 4S but the stock jet.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 01:15 PM
Totally!!
USA, AZ, Tempe
Joined Jan 2009
1,089 Posts
Rob, that would be a great plane for you!!
bolibruch1 is offline Find More Posts by bolibruch1