HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2011, 06:59 PM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,269 Posts
I subscribe to the XPS transmitter thread. Call me a geek but I'm looking forward to all the bells in whistles that really sound cool but I may never use them all. Hopefully I feel better this weekend and don't kick anyone's plane. Eventually they crash same plane. Bad day for Stukas on Sunday.
neck is offline Find More Posts by neck
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:45 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,773 Posts
I have adjusted dual rates on my DX7 in flight when trimmed for flat level flight. I then flew another plane on my Dx6i radio and tried the same. Did you know you can change models IN FLIGHT on a 6i? I didn't, do now.

On some of my planes I switch to high rate on landing due to the slower speed/less airflow across the control surfaces. I woud NOT do this on a mustang or other model that snaps when stalled. double

Kevin, you don't apply. (read crazy stick mover in which the word "normal" does not apply.

Dis
rampman is online now Find More Posts by rampman
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:46 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2010
3,506 Posts
Has anyone successfully adjusted the focal length on their #3 key chain camera?
12345 is offline Find More Posts by 12345
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:40 PM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,269 Posts
Does this help at all. Tons of information. Terrible web site format.
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C3/index.html#lens
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:43 PM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,269 Posts
Whoa. Sounds like something I will do one day. Kevin has some sort or weird thumbs. I bet you have mad skills on Call of duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman View Post
I have adjusted dual rates on my DX7 in flight when trimmed for flat level flight. I then flew another plane on my Dx6i radio and tried the same. Did you know you can change models IN FLIGHT on a 6i? I didn't, do now.

On some of my planes I switch to high rate on landing due to the slower speed/less airflow across the control surfaces. I woud NOT do this on a mustang or other model that snaps when stalled. double

Kevin, you don't apply. (read crazy stick mover in which the word "normal" does not apply.

Dis
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:44 PM
Pattern Abuser
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Apr 2008
2,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringostr View Post
Yes. "Dual" rates. Two rates. low, and high. also forget what I said about the people maybe have been flipping a flap or gear switch, because if you want easier landings and takeoffs, use dual rates. I agree with M.Huerta, you can have the rates the same on both settings, but the expo different, lower percentage expo on high rates, higher expo on low rates. fly with high rates, land with low rates.
Actually, You typically want higher expo on high rate and lower on low rates. That way the "feel" is the same. You have to manage the curves as much as the rate of exponential.

I have my dual rates setup for specific types of maneuvers so there can be a lot of switching going on during a pattern sequence. I never thought it possible, but I need a lot more settings than a DX7 offers. Watching the XPS thread closely. Just really nervous about the "new" factor.
jimflys1 is offline Find More Posts by jimflys1
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:44 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2010
3,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neck View Post
Does this help at all. Tons of information. Terrible web site format.
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C3/index.html#lens
lol yes, it's manic.

That's what I'm working from.

I was able to change time date stamp easily.

Changing the lens requires the camera coming apart not sure I want to because the guts are LIVE
12345 is offline Find More Posts by 12345
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:47 PM
Trolls more than he flys.
USA, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Sep 2009
1,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimflys1 View Post
Actually, You typically want higher expo on high rate and lower on low rates. That way the "feel" is the same. You have to manage the curves as much as the rate of exponential.

I have my dual rates setup for specific types of maneuvers so there can be a lot of switching going on during a pattern sequence. I never thought it possible, but I need a lot more settings than a DX7 offers. Watching the XPS thread closely. Just really nervous about the "new" factor.
I know, I was just adding to this : you could always have the rates the same in both positions but different expo and vary the expo that way, but you would only have 2 options, unless you had like an Aurora 9 or 9503, etc that can do triple rates.

leave the throw the same, and add expo so that on low rates with more expo it is less twitchy so you can land easier.
Gringostr is offline Find More Posts by Gringostr
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:49 PM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,269 Posts
Open source seems a bit risky.

Quote:

Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:51 PM
Pattern Abuser
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Apr 2008
2,821 Posts
Quote:
Open source seems a bit risky.
I consider Open Source a communist plot.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:57 PM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,269 Posts
Feature: Speak recognition. I'm just worried it might interpret my, "oh !#! that was close" to detach wings!

a large backlit LCD display, speech recognition, speech output, 1000 model memory, full telemetry, etc. - especially given the target price of just $249

Think about all the people that will use this device as an excuse to buy 1000 models.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:01 PM
Pattern Abuser
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Apr 2008
2,821 Posts
Quote:
I'm just worried it might interpret my, "oh !#! that was close" to detach wings!
There is an opensource program for that I'm sure
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:06 PM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,269 Posts
Quote:
There is an opensource program for that I'm sure
Can't wait!
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:10 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,773 Posts
Quote:
...Think about all the people that will use this device as an excuse to buy 1000 models.
My wife will not let me subscribe to that thread.
rampman is online now Find More Posts by rampman
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:15 PM
House of Paine
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2007
2,178 Posts
The XPS Tx is not really open source as such from what I read. XPS will provide software and IF you want you can modify it or put some other version on it. So while it is open, it's not like the software which comes with the Tx was designed by the open source community.

Other cool features like telemetry which is supposed to work with various sorces such as Hitec, EagleTree. I really love the sound of their model select feature where if you have the wrong model selected on the Tx when you power up the plane, the Tx will automatically choose the correct model It is also smart enough not to do so if the prior model on the Tx is still powered on. Some cool stuff to make it very easy on large scale folks with multiple servos per control surface where the Rx can automatically sync them. Some really innovative features by the sound of it.

I have digital thumbs, they only know two positions on each axis
weaser42 is offline Find More Posts by weaser42