SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:58 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Thanks Matt, I'll just get some new 4s25-2700mah lipos. Looks like this is a winner setup based on user feedback.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:40 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,169 Posts
Motor box on the 58" Edge is tight also!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:55 PM
Joined Jun 2006
51 Posts
Yup, I was sort of glad to see that the hinges pulled out too, instead of the alternative. Regarding the merits of a dremel, it spins super fast, makes a cool noise, and cuts like butta. Is it the best tool for the job? Probably not, but my relationship with hobby knives usually wind up with blood covering my shaking hands due to my lack of craftmanship. Thanks for the joiner input. I wonder if they sell em individually.
Maxmannnn is offline Find More Posts by Maxmannnn
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:29 AM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,169 Posts
If it is made of wood, just get a piece of "rock maple". You can get this at any good lumber yard, or a furniture repair place...Or...even at many hobby shops, as maple is sold for engine mount stock.... Or...I can even send you a piece if you can't find any, as I have lots left from my furniture building days...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:02 AM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
I tried to listen to everyone advice. I decided and have ordered the following: 3615-750, ice 75 lite, 4x hitec 5085s, genesis 4s 2500mah 65c x 3 and I already have some 14x7 and 15x6 props laying around.

I am hoping this plane/setup takes a place in my heart beside the 42.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:33 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalpain View Post
I tried to listen to everyone advice. I decided and have ordered the following: 3615-750, ice 75 lite, 4x hitec 5085s, genesis 4s 2500mah 65c x 3 and I already have some 14x7 and 15x6 props laying around.

You did good!! You'll love this plane on that setup.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:08 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,497 Posts
Quote:

That's the best stuff you can get for this plane!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:44 AM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:

If your 42 had a place in your heart, the 51 might replace your spouse!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:34 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
If your 42 had a place in your heart, the 51 might replace your spouse!
Many years ago, when the TV show "Airwolf" was on, I scratch built a scale flying model of it, which took me many hours to build, which was time not spent with my wife, which she did not appreciate.. One day, I was not feeling real well, and I stayed home from work. That afternoon, she called to see how I was doing, and I said I felt better, and then she asked me was I was doing....and before I could answer, she asked if I was working on the "whore", and I said yes.... That afternoon, when she got home, I had the fuselage under the covers on her side of the bed...it was all I could do to keep her from destroying it!!

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Many years ago, when the TV show "Airwolf" was on, I scratch built a scale flying model of it, which took me many hours to build, which was time not spent with my wife, which she did not appreciate.. One day, I was not feeling real well, and I stayed home from work. That afternoon, she called to see how I was doing, and I said I felt better, and then she asked me was I was doing....and before I could answer, she asked if I was working on the "whore", and I said yes.... That afternoon, when she got home, I had the fuselage under the covers on her side of the bed...it was all I could do to keep her from destroying it!!

SteveT
Well, if she had destroyed it, you would have deserved it. You're a bad, bad man...
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:29 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,333 Posts
The brown truck of happiness just delivered the slick I ordered 2 days ago. UPS ground must have turbo charged their trucks for the holidays. I was impressed with the packing job 3DHS does on the 48" epp planes, but the packing on the slick takes it to another level. All the pieces look so nice!
It's going to be a while before I can put it together, so it might not get to fly until spring. I can hardly wait.
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen View Post
The brown truck of happiness just delivered the slick I ordered 2 days ago. UPS ground must have turbo charged their trucks for the holidays. I was impressed with the packing job 3DHS does on the 48" epp planes, but the packing on the slick takes it to another level. All the pieces look so nice!
It's going to be a while before I can put it together, so it might not get to fly until spring. I can hardly wait.
It only takes a few hours. Surely you have a few hours in the next month!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:45 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,069 Posts
Not sure he was talking only about time...
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:46 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
It only takes a few hours. Surely you have a few hours in the next month!
I have an amazing ability to over think everything and make projects like this take several times longer than they should

Still, I may be able to get to it In the next month, but not in the next couple weeks, and January does get colder, and sooner or later the runway will be snow covered. I'm not going to risk maidening my first really nice plane with freezing fingers or an iffy runway.
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Dec 2010
7,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen View Post
I have an amazing ability to over think everything and make projects like this take several times longer than they should

Still, I may be able to get to it In the next month, but not in the next couple weeks, and January does get colder, and sooner or later the runway will be snow covered. I'm not going to risk maidening my first really nice plane with freezing fingers or an iffy runway.
I was just trying to be encouraging. But that is a different issue... darned winter...