HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:10 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,173 Posts
For ESC to motor on that size of motor, 4mm will be fine...and Deans on the battery side...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:32 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfab View Post
I forced myself to STOP flying foamies this summer and stick to balsa only!

That alone let me unlearn a ton of things I was doing wrong. I got more confident this summer than in the past 2 just from parking the foamies. I'm glad I did it.

Jeff
I'll never give up my Foamies. They are too much fun for the money. There's room for both types in my garage. That said, flying my DW Foamies is like cheating.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:49 PM
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
For ESC to motor on that size of motor, 4mm will be fine...and Deans on the battery side...

SteveT
Thanks steve!
Will banana connectors be ok? I use mostly Skylipos and have kept their connectors on everything.
pilot_keeter is offline Find More Posts by pilot_keeter
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:02 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,210 Posts
Those will be fine... I believe they have a higher amp draw rating than deans anyway.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:25 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
28,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_keeter View Post
Thanks steve!
Will banana connectors be ok? I use mostly Skylipos and have kept their connectors on everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Those will be fine... I believe they have a higher amp draw rating than deans anyway.
Depends on the size....and contrary to some, Deans are good for 100 amps....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Dec 11, 2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:27 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,675 Posts
I dont like the bananas because i accidentally connected teo batteryies together...
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:31 PM
United States, GA, Pooler
Joined Nov 2008
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I dont like the bananas because i accidentally connected teo batteryies together...
lol, haven't managed that one yet, but I'll stick with them for now. Haven't had any issues in the past.
pilot_keeter is offline Find More Posts by pilot_keeter
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:43 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
but the black eventually wears off, and the blind spot in the middle of your vision goes away. And you learn don't do that again!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:13 AM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,562 Posts
I was going to take some time over the holidays to read through this whole thread in detail and order one of these wonder planes. But the 12/12/12 sale has me thinking I'll just order the thing today and sort out the details later.

Up until now I've just ordered the recommended equipment from 3dhs along with the plane (the two 48" epp planes - yak and extra). However this will be my first "nice" airplane and I'd like to put the best in it. From what I remember having kept up with this thread for a while I think the best is:
- Motrolfly something or other motor, on 4S, with a 14x7.
- hitec 5085 servos

I'm thinking I'll throw the Castle Creations ICE 75 Lite ESC and the DUB-672 Super Strength Servo Arms in with the slick order from 3dhs, and worry about the motrolfly and servos later. Or are there better choices for those as well?
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Last edited by AeroKen; Dec 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:25 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen View Post
I was going to take some time over the holidays to read through this whole thread in detail and order one of these wonder planes. But the 12/12/12 sale has me thinking I'll just order the thing today and sort out the details later.

Up until now I've just ordered the recommended equipment from 3dhs along with the plane (the two 48" epp planes - yak and extra). However this will be my first "nice" airplane and I'd like to put the best in it. From what I remember having kept up with this thread for a while I think the best is:
- Motrolfly something or other motor, on 4S, with a 14x7.
- hitec 5085 servos

I'm thinking I'll throw the Castle Creations ICE 75 Lite ESC and the DUB-672 Super Strength Servo Arms in with the slick order from 3dhs, and worry about the motrolfly and servos later. Or are there better choices for those as well?
The Motrofly 3615-750 is what you're looking for. It's perfect on 4s with a 14x7 prop.

As for servos - yes, the 5085's will be awesome. I'm running the 85's and they are fine but I'll eventually upgrade to the 5085's. There are other servo choices out there but IMHO there's no need to look elsewhere if you're planning on getting the 5085's. You'll definitely want the Dubro arms you referenced.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:33 AM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
The Motrofly 3615-750 is what you're looking for. It's perfect on 4s with a 14x7 prop.

As for servos - yes, the 5085's will be awesome. I'm running the 85's and they are fine but I'll eventually upgrade to the 5085's. There are other servo choices out there but IMHO there's no need to look elsewhere if you're planning on getting the 5085's. You'll definitely want the Dubro arms you referenced.
+1. Perfect setup.
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:43 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,472 Posts
Agreed
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:46 AM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
What lipos on this setup? Using Gens or Glacier. Tempting...been way too long since my last airframe.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:49 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,472 Posts
Im using genesis 2800mah 65c. They are great!
losifanatic is online now Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:51 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen View Post
What 12/12/12 sale?!?
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1