HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:47 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Just need ur address, u can have it.
It's the original sheet that came with my 51.
I had some leftovers from 42" that I used
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Last edited by -= GYRO =-; Aug 03, 2012 at 03:55 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:59 PM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
Just need ur address, u can have it.
It's the original sheet that came with my 51.
I had some leftovers from 42" that I used
Thanks gary, sent over address and those dimensions for the vinyl you were looking for. Keep me updated on how it goes! And let me know if you find a good cheaper alternative!
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:23 PM
United States, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Dec 2010
301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
To be fair... I never said it CAN'T HAKE. The point I was trying to make was that it's simply not as easy to HAKE as the 48" Edge.
Me neither. I only said it feels different than my 72 Extra which has sfg's and that the extra felt terrible without them.

I'm very interested to hear what the result is of playing around and putting sfg's on the 51 slick. It's a great flying plane as-is.

Somehow the desire to experiment for experiment's sake got misconstrued into a criticism of the plane and "it can't HAKE" which is ridiculous.

OK all better now let's all go fly.
tacdriver is offline Find More Posts by tacdriver
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacdriver View Post
Somehow the desire to experiment for experiment's sake got misconstrued into a criticism of the plane and "it can't HAKE" which is ridiculous.

OK all better now let's all go fly.
very adept explanation of what I'm up to!
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:32 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,250 Posts
Quote:
It would be interesting to see how it impacted KE flight the most. I agree with you that the 51" Slick is rock steady in harrier but I think KE flight is probably the weakest point of the Slick. That's not saying that it doesn't perform VERY well in KE because it does but if there were one area that could be improved that would be it.

HAKE can be a little fragile on the Slick.
Ok guys... No offense but I think you guys are taking liberties with my words. Never did I EVER say that the 51" Slick can NOT HAKE. I simply stated that, IMHO, that KE flight is the weakest attribute of the 51" Slick. The 51" Slick is the best all around plane BY FAR that I've ever flown.

I mean - please read my original post above. I specifically pointed out that the plane performs very well in KE.

My only point is that there are other planes that perform in KE better. The 48" Edge is one example. I'm sure there are others. My point wasn't that it CANNOT perform HAKE. I know that it can.... I've done it. It does them just fine.

It's just my opinion. And maybe it's because I'm an inferior pilot and don't know how to pull off a HAKE but my point was simply that HAKE is not a strength of the 51" Slick. Again - just my opinion based on my experience with the 48" Edge.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:13 PM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
394 Posts
Just picked up my motrofly 3615-750 but had a question.
Is it best to drill the firewall for the power wire and route them through the fiberglass x-mount or should I route them outside of the hole in the mount then tie them down tight to avoid them rubbing on the outer motor housing ?
If anyone could post a pic of how they mounted this motor on the Slick would be even better
Mach3 is offline Find More Posts by Mach3
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:23 PM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,011 Posts
The motor will have some spacers (1/4" IIRC) and you don't need to do either. With the spacers the motor wires will bend around and be able to fit in front of the firewall.
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Only got one flight in this morning on the 51, but I did enough to say that it flies jut like my 70", which is awesome!
The firepower 46 put out plenty of power with a 15x7 APC e-prop. About 52-53 amps and 800+ watts, which was more than enough!
I'll report more later after I get a few more flights with it.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:34 PM
Santi
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2003
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
Only got one flight in this morning on the 51, but I did enough to say that it flies jut like my 70", which is awesome!
The firepower 46 put out plenty of power with a 15x7 APC e-prop. About 52-53 amps and 800+ watts, which was more than enough!
I'll report more later after I get a few more flights with it.
Good to know, just ran numbers on the Torque 720 motor and I was getting 900w on 59a on a 14x7... I wasn't sure what people shoot for with this frame...
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:36 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,638 Posts
900 watts is PLENTY I was really happy with between 700 and 800. My last setup was around 860 and I loved it.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Shoot, 800w was plenty. I was surprised how well it preformed at 800, as I have 900+ on my 48" Laser... But I guess 900+ on a 13x6.5 is different than 800+ on a 15x7.
My guess is the RPMs were nice and high?
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:09 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,048 Posts
Quote:
Ok guys... No offense but I think you guys are taking liberties with my words. Never did I EVER say that the 51" Slick can NOT HAKE. I simply stated that, IMHO, that KE flight is the weakest attribute of the 51" Slick. The 51" Slick is the best all around plane BY FAR that I've ever flown.

I mean - please read my original post above. I specifically pointed out that the plane performs very well in KE.

My only point is that there are other planes that perform in KE better. The 48" Edge is one example. I'm sure there are others. My point wasn't that it CANNOT perform HAKE. I know that it can.... I've done it. It does them just fine.

It's just my opinion. And maybe it's because I'm an inferior pilot and don't know how to pull off a HAKE but my point was simply that HAKE is not a strength of the 51" Slick. Again - just my opinion based on my experience with the 48" Edge.
I thought we were past this...but

Perhaps when discussing we should talk in first person.

Example....in my case......this plane can't do rollers very well. it's a weak point in the 51.

should be.....I can't do rollers very well with this plane. But I know in the proper hands it does them just fine.

nuff said.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:08 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post

should be.....I can't do rollers very well with this plane. But I know in the proper hands it does them just fine.

nuff said.
'Nuff said? Except that wasn't what he said nor was it his point.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Oh jeez....
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:04 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
I've seen videos of turnerm do circle after circle of HAKE.

(i got ur back homie)

I think his point was more along the lines of a 48 EDGE will HAKE with left hand only and no mixing. None of my 3 slicks have been able to do that.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer