HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:19 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Yeah what exactly umm is his goal/point here?
Reported also.
Futilely trying to get under my skin... I took offense to a user likening 3dhs fans to Nazis, about six or seven months ago in the HK Slick thread. I suspect this is either THAT user, or someone who was following that thread at the time.
Either way, who cares?
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Last edited by -= GYRO =-; Aug 04, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:26 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYRO1Sh1tl3r View Post
wouaaaa! wouaaaa! jim! jim! somebody keeps telling the truth and my feeling r hurt! jim! jim! i cant defend myself so can u ban him pwetty please? wouaaa! wouaaa!
Dude, you're just embarrassing yourself.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:26 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,665 Posts
Lets move on
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:41 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
Anyone know the slicks starting out balance point from the wing root and not the wing tip?
I think I balanced mine right behind where the wing tube would be if it extended all the way to the tip.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:30 AM
Surrey, B.C.
Joined Feb 2004
409 Posts
On to some better news
My new motrofly 3615-750 motor & ZTW 70a esc are waiting for me at my US postal depot
Any special setting or anything else I need to know with this combo ?
So looking foward to having the Slick back in the air only to be back at work on Sunday
Mach3 is offline Find More Posts by Mach3
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3 View Post
On to some better news
My new motrofly 3615-750 motor & ZTW 70a esc are waiting for me at my US postal depot
Any special setting or anything else I need to know with this combo ?
So looking foward to having the Slick back in the air only to be back at work on Sunday
I think I've had good success with my ZTW/Motrofly combos on low timing.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 03:00 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
No such thing as HAKE

HBKE
I don't understand this at all, I've seen one other member that insists on calling it Beta. I've always seen it referred to as High Angle of Atttack or High Alpha hence HA. Don't know where the Beta comes from.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:30 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GYRO1Sh1tl3r View Post
why bother changing to ec5? the xt60's r perfect for the bottom line hobbyking brand zippy's. U cant even tell the difference and u would probably end up cold soldering them with your building "skills." maybe u shouldnt buy anymore planes and then u could afford at least the nano techs and proper hitec servos
That's funny, you know they can trace that to your IP address. Then cross ref that ip to any other ip's, then block that ip.

hehe...digital footprints.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:39 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
LOL! Of my 48 Edge or the 51 Slick. I looked back to see if I had any good HAKE in my Slick videos but I couldn't find any. But I recall them feeling/looking a lot like what was in your video.

Nice flying by the way.
Thanks!

I know you have a hat cam to work with....I've see your videos. I have flown a 48 a few times(mostly maidens and trim flights), but have messed with it a little on the stalled flight. The setups were not full 3d because the guys are just learning. Nice plane but probably not on my list to get. My biggest ???? on the 48 was even a nice soft perfect harrier landing in the grass would bend the wire gear. The plane is very floaty. Price point is awesome.

Thing about the slick and no CFG's/KEing is it has that tall flat side for KE flight, and a huge rudder. When I went to the 72 and 74 I could notice the smaller rudder right off the bat. But you get used to it and it's not a problem. On the other hand the 72/74 seem to have a lot more pitch authority.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:11 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Thanks!

I know you have a hat cam to work with....I've see your videos. I have flown a 48 a few times(mostly maidens and trim flights), but have messed with it a little on the stalled flight. The setups were not full 3d because the guys are just learning. Nice plane but probably not on my list to get. My biggest ???? on the 48 was even a nice soft perfect harrier landing in the grass would bend the wire gear. The plane is very floaty. Price point is awesome.

Thing about the slick and no CFG's/KEing is it has that tall flat side for KE flight, and a huge rudder. When I went to the 72 and 74 I could notice the smaller rudder right off the bat. But you get used to it and it's not a problem. On the other hand the 72/74 seem to have a lot more pitch authority.
Well - the 51" Slick if clearly my favorite of all the planes I've ever flown and I'll eventually get a 71" Slick too. But the 48" Edge holds a special place in my hangar because it was my first 3DHS plane and was also my first real 3D plane. Many people complain about the wire landing gear but I've personally never had any real issues with it - but then again, most of my landings are on pavement and 100% of them are harrier landings. I think, as you mentioned, the main issue with the wire gear is when landing on grass.

If the 48" Edge is properly setup it can 3D with the best of them. It's got tons of elevator and rudder authority and it's super floaty feel just strokes your confidence all day long.

I've yet to find another plane (non-foamie plane at least) that is easier to pull off nice low and slow HAKE.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:24 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Well - the 51" Slick if clearly my favorite of all the planes I've ever flown and I'll eventually get a 71" Slick too. But the 48" Edge holds a special place in my hangar because it was my first 3DHS plane and was also my first real 3D plane. Many people complain about the wire landing gear but I've personally never had any real issues with it - but then again, most of my landings are on pavement and 100% of them are harrier landings. I think, as you mentioned, the main issue with the wire gear is when landing on grass.

If the 48" Edge is properly setup it can 3D with the best of them. It's got tons of elevator and rudder authority and it's super floaty feel just strokes your confidence all day long.

I've yet to find another plane (non-foamie plane at least) that is easier to pull off nice low and slow HAKE.
Have you ever flown a Vyper?

On another note, my Slick is done and eagerly awaiting first flight tomorrow!
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344003889.371208.jpg
Views: 81
Size: 116.8 KB
Description:
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:28 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:

Attachment 5056911
Not yet. I've been tempted a few times by the Vypers. I'm eagerly awaiting the Vyper Bipe simply because I love biplanes (started with the UMX Beast) and I hate Precision Aerobatics so I refuse to get their AMR (although its tempted me more than a few times).

I'd imagine that a vyper is like a more accurate Slick that's slightly more difficult to 3D but I could be wrong.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:32 AM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
Quote:
Attachment 5056911
lose the SFG's
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:33 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Not yet. I've been tempted a few times by the Vypers. I'm eagerly awaiting the Vyper Bipe simply because I love biplanes (started with the UMX Beast) and I hate Precision Aerobatics so I refuse to get their AMR (although its tempted me more than a few times).

I'd imagine that a vyper is like a more accurate Slick that's slightly more difficult to 3D but I could be wrong.
Had the AMR. Didn't like it for 3d. Only PA plane I've had, and won't be getting anymore.

Just sold my 65" Vyper.... Amazing plane, great KE flight. I could easily do vertical figure 8s in KE with it! Not a 3d monster like the Slick tho...
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:33 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:

Attachment 5056911
Angry birds! Nice job Gary!
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator