Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 06, 2011, 12:21 PM
Registered User
Toledo Ohio
Joined Jun 2008
214 Posts
you will be happy with the 85mg's
ronmad02 is offline Find More Posts by ronmad02
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2011, 01:05 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,858 Posts
+1^ And the 51 Slick Good Choice I'm going to try and fly the snot out of mine tomorrow morning. Maybe even get some vids of my super mediocrity I haven't been able to get near the stick time I've been wanting lately.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Last edited by 3DNater; Oct 06, 2011 at 01:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 01:38 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
The 82s dont center as well and have more slop in the gear train
And when you install the servos and see the control surface deflections, you are going to want as little slop as possible! The movement is just HUGE!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 01:39 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole View Post
He has a couple 41" edge's, 2 48" velox's and a 57" shp left. Jake's in Rohnert Park, the velox's and shp are on sale, the edges are 109.99
Crumb... I'm in Sebastopol. I should have dropped by before I drove to SF to buy my Slick 51 combo.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 02:17 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
The 82s dont center as well and have more slop in the gear train
I have some 82's on the ailerons on the beater zebra 51. I only have about 10 flights on the plane but no messing with trim, and they seem a little faster. I cheaped out and saved $25 or so. Rudder has a left over hs225 and a 85mg on the elevator.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 02:34 PM
Sailplane Mafia
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined Sep 2009
430 Posts
Any more info on the new Bipe?

Has anyone heard a price range of the new 3DHS bipe that is going to use the same running gear as the Slick 51?

I'm starting to itch!

Crashmaster
cgetman02 is offline Find More Posts by cgetman02
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:38 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,389 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on a red one. I will be hanging out in this thread now. Looks like it is gonna be a fun plane.
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:44 PM
Registered User
Dahly's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
91 Posts
Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by plank420 View Post
I just pulled the trigger on a red one. I will be hanging out in this thread now. Looks like it is gonna be a fun plane.
The plane is an absolute blast. I am using recommended Hacker drive-line with 14x7 prop.

Absolutely Awesome.

I will save you some time on one issue that comes up again and again on this thread. Don't get overly hung up on cg location. It is difficult to get battery in and out and maintain the recommended cg. As many have posted, just center the battery over the gear and fly it. I am using Gens Ace 2500's. Fly's perfect. very neutral in this location. Plane is very forgiving in regard to battery placement (cg).

I C you are from MN... I am in Bismarck ND. If you ever make it up this way, give us a call. Two pretty good fields around here. Also planning an indoor fun fly first weekend of Feb. Great time. Will be held in an indoor golf driving range.
Dahly is offline Find More Posts by Dahly
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:46 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahly View Post
The plane is an absolute blast. I am using recommended Hacker drive-line with 14x7 prop.

Absolutely Awesome.

I will save you some time on one issue that comes up again and again on this thread. Don't get overly hung up on cg location. It is difficult to get battery in and out and maintain the recommended cg. As many have posted, just center the battery over the gear and fly it. I am using Gens Ace 2500's. Fly's perfect. very neutral in this location. Plane is very forgiving in regard to battery placement (cg)
Thanks, I have 4s 2200 for my vyper will they work in this?
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:51 PM
Registered User
Dahly's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
91 Posts
2200's

Quote:
Originally Posted by plank420 View Post
Thanks, I have 4s 2200 for my vyper will they work in this?
I expect they will. Will be very light setup. I would suggest watching discharge carefully until you are used to it. I currently fly on a 6 minute time and have about 30 second buffer. But I fly it quite hard. also, I will post what I have done for baffles.

My motor was getting fairly hot, in particular in 90+ ambient. After I baffled the motor, I can now can put finger on motor after landing with no issues. I will try and get some pics. Not very scientific I know but it was getting to hot prior to baffles.
Dahly is offline Find More Posts by Dahly
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:54 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahly View Post
I expect they will. Will be very light setup. I would suggest watching discharge carefully until you are used to it. I currently fly on a 6 minute time and have about 30 second buffer. But I fly it quite hard. also, I will post what I have done for baffles.

My motor was getting fairly hot, in particular in 90+ ambient. After I baffled the motor, I can now can put finger on motor after landing with no issues. I will try and get some pics. Not very scientific I know but it was getting to hot prior to baffles.
Cool, Thanks again. I'll be around
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:54 PM
Registered User
Dahly's Avatar
Joined Apr 2011
91 Posts
Anyhow, I like to fly this as much as my 104". It wraps up into such tight KE Spins it is un real. Also, blenders are insane with this plane. If you like 3d, you will love this plane.
Dahly is offline Find More Posts by Dahly
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 03:57 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2010
4,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahly View Post
Anyhow, I like to fly this as much as my 104". It wraps up into such tight KE Spins it is un real. Also, blenders are insane with this plane. If you like 3d, you will love this plane.
Yes I do. I have a buck huck, 48" vyper, and now a 51" slick.
3Dplank is offline Find More Posts by 3Dplank
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 04:09 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plank420 View Post
Thanks, I have 4s 2200 for my vyper will they work in this?
I am using 4s 2200's. They are good for about 4 min flights. I like them but I'd be happier with 4000. I've been kicking around the idea of running two in parallel.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 06, 2011, 08:17 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,404 Posts
I think a 4K lipo is a bit much for the 51 slick. I ran some 3300s and you could feel the wight of those in it. The 2600s are about the perfect size lipo for it. Good flight time and the perfect weight. The pack ends up in the middle of the battery tray. Cant ask for better.
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Need New 3d Plane from Previes gear. NoMercy 3D Flying 2 Jun 06, 2006 04:07 AM
New 3D planes from GWS? assib GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 4 Feb 24, 2005 12:34 AM
Sneak Peak At NEW 3D Plane from Dick Rankin thechosen1one Foamies (Kits) 5 Oct 11, 2004 01:27 PM
New 3D Planes from Fliton LTChip Parkflyers 1 Jun 19, 2003 02:17 PM
New "3D Aircraft" Discussion Group Proposal Tim H. Foamies (Kits) 1 May 02, 2003 09:57 PM