412 Posts
Lovin the smoke!!!!
ultra stick is offline Find More Posts by ultra stick
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2011, 10:06 PM
yuma arizona
Joined Apr 2010
412 Posts
ok battery just finished charging that I maiden her with and it put in 961mah's in on my 2200mah.Flew for bout 2 and a half minits.So I could fly for 4 minits pushing it?
Old May 19, 2011, 10:08 PM
Sippin' on Kool Aid
Long Island NY, USA
Joined Dec 2005
2,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra stick View Post
ok battery just finished charging that I maiden her with and it put in 961mah's in on my 2200mah.Flew for bout 2 and a half minits.So I could fly for 4 minits pushing it?
80% rule.

2200x.8 = 1760. That's about 4 minutes or so. I wouldn't go much farther then that.
heligrom is offline Find More Posts by heligrom
Old May 19, 2011, 10:09 PM
yuma arizona
Joined Apr 2010
412 Posts
ok I'll set my timer for that.thanks
Old May 19, 2011, 10:13 PM
Ocala, FL
Joined Jun 2007
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heligrom View Post
80% rule.

2200x.8 = 1760. That's about 4 minutes or so. I wouldn't go much farther then that.
+1 on the 80% rule. Fried quite a few batts in my noob lipo days.
Eric V is offline Find More Posts by Eric V
Old May 19, 2011, 10:33 PM
yuma arizona
Joined Apr 2010
412 Posts
I've almost dun that to.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:02 PM
Ocala, FL
Joined Jun 2007
148 Posts
Question... Do the white nylon wing bolts included with the V2 Slick seem softer than the black V1 ones?
Old May 19, 2011, 11:58 PM
Ocala, FL
Joined Jun 2007
148 Posts
Really, Bad wing bolts now this. The axles didn't even try to thread into the nuts. It's like I got the wrong sizes. Anyone else having these kind of issues? This is my 3rd kit from 3DHS and I have never had this kind of poor QC.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:03 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric V View Post
Really, Bad wing bolts now this. The axles didn't even try to thread into the nuts. It's like I got the wrong sizes. Anyone else having these kind of issues? This is my 3rd kit from 3DHS and I have never had this kind of poor QC.
I had trouble threading one of my axles... went and bought a stainless steel nylon lock nut from the hardware store and it went right on with no trouble.
FireyFate is online now Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old May 20, 2011, 12:13 AM
Ocala, FL
Joined Jun 2007
148 Posts
Found the problem, look at the nut on the right. The question is now can I fix the axles and have solid gear? Or do I need replacements?
Old May 20, 2011, 01:11 AM
Ocala, FL
Joined Jun 2007
148 Posts
And 2 of the motor nuts are so caked with glue the bolts crossthread? Are you fornicating kidding me! Im up at 2am trying to put this thing together and at every turn i run into crap hardware. Not feeling the happiness I came home to. Anyone from 3DHS care to comment?
Old May 20, 2011, 04:51 AM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Quote:
And 2 of the motor nuts are so caked with glue the bolts crossthread? Are you fornicating kidding me! Im up at 2am trying to put this thing together and at every turn i run into crap hardware. Not feeling the happiness I came home to. Anyone from 3DHS care to comment?
If you have a spare 3mm bolt (I think it's 3mm), just run it through all the motor mount nuts and back them out again. Glue should not strip threads really. Just have to clear it out of there. Better to have too much glue than too little. As far as the gear nuts, just grab another from Lowe's or Home Depot. Should be a pretty easy fix. If you are still not happy, call Ben and the guys and try talking to them about it. They are very good about taking care of any legitimate issues. One of the most helpful and easy to reach bunch of guys in the hobby. An you aren't talking to some QC person that has no clue what they are talking about. Usually get to talk to the man himself.

Wamsy and everyone else, thanks again for the help with CG. When you talk about the sheeting on the wing, are y'all talking about the balsa ply that forms the leading edge?
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Last edited by StormJunkie; May 20, 2011 at 05:00 AM.
Old May 20, 2011, 05:48 AM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,705 Posts
Eric V,

3dhs is known for their quality. While there may be an occassional issue, just call them and they will more than adequately address your issue in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner.

Attempting to flame them on the forums likely is not the best method for problem resolution.

Just move on to other parts of the build that you can complete until you can call 3dhs.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Last edited by KE Spin; May 20, 2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old May 20, 2011, 05:55 AM
May the Farce be with you...
Duncanville, Alabama. USA
Joined Dec 2006
8,475 Posts
Quote:
I was greeted by a big brown box with my third slick in it today! Spinners not included anymore?!?
IIRC, Spinners have Never been included as part of a kit.

Quote:
Instead of Venting on here, You might be better off sending a PM or email, to 3DHS.

George
refugeefromcalif is offline Find More Posts by refugeefromcalif
Old May 20, 2011, 06:24 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,450 Posts
Eric sorry to hear about your issues man. Its not normal. I have built 30 3dhs arfs in the last 2 years and never had an issue
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic