HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 16, 2011, 08:15 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post
I've got initials in the wing on the balsa, and then there is the Omega 72 in a color that was never sold state side.

It was not really a buying point for me, but sort of neat story if I am indeed flying one of his planes. Sadly, it will never see that talent level again at it's sticks if it was his

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=16269
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2011, 06:46 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,204 Posts
Well I put mine in yesterday. Did a wild tumble 30 feet off the deck and had some kind of electronic failure. A TRUE lawndart straight down! Whole West Coast Crew was there from Rob at ADC to I.P.S. Motors Junior. I'm bummed!!! Well I wanted a new orange one anyway, just didn't want to get it like this. So what color spinner looks good on the new orange?
Wingin' Wayne is online now Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
Old Apr 18, 2011, 07:08 AM
United States, OH, Jefferson
Joined Jul 2010
84 Posts
Black looks good!
booboo71 is offline Find More Posts by booboo71
Old Apr 18, 2011, 07:20 AM
United States, OH, Jefferson
Joined Jul 2010
84 Posts
Anyone have the cg measurement at the fuse for using something like a cg machine? I ran astring across and got 3.75" Is this good for maiden?
booboo71 is offline Find More Posts by booboo71
Old Apr 18, 2011, 07:56 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo71 View Post
Anyone have the cg measurement at the fuse for using something like a cg machine? I ran astring across and got 3.75" Is this good for maiden?
yeah thats a god maiden spot. For 3D I had mine back to 4 and 3/16ths
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:35 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingin' Wayne View Post
So what color spinner looks good on the new orange?
White!

Check it out. Annnnd that's my new car I got Friday as well!

FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Apr 18, 2011, 08:46 AM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingin' Wayne View Post
Well I put mine in yesterday. Did a wild tumble 30 feet off the deck and had some kind of electronic failure. A TRUE lawndart straight down! Whole West Coast Crew was there from Rob at ADC to I.P.S. Motors Junior. I'm bummed!!! Well I wanted a new orange one anyway, just didn't want to get it like this. So what color spinner looks good on the new orange?
ya, that was a bummer to see it go out like that. Personally I like the white.
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
Old Apr 18, 2011, 09:19 AM
Gaint Scale
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Dec 2009
189 Posts
You can always dye a white spinner orange.
PowerSlave is offline Find More Posts by PowerSlave
Old Apr 18, 2011, 09:21 AM
AJ Addict
Toledo Ohio
Joined Jun 2008
237 Posts
Is anyone running an aluminum spinner on there slick?? Any disadvantages to running an aluminum spinner??
ronmad02 is offline Find More Posts by ronmad02
Old Apr 18, 2011, 09:45 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmad02 View Post
Is anyone running an aluminum spinner on there slick?? Any disadvantages to running an aluminum spinner??
Maybe weight and/or the way it mounts. Most aluminum spinners mount with a single screw into the prop adapter. Works out good if your prop adapter has the correct internal threads already.

The plastic spinners usually use two mounting screws that just attach to the spinner back plate. No hassle, works everytime, setup.
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:06 AM
AJ Addict
Toledo Ohio
Joined Jun 2008
237 Posts
i have a true turn 2 inch spinner that will mount right to the hacker prop adaptor it has a screw hole in the end of it. That will be easy just wondering if the weight will be a problem
ronmad02 is offline Find More Posts by ronmad02
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:54 AM
Anderson River Park Flyers
Anderson, CA
Joined Jan 2010
102 Posts
Spinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmad02 View Post
I use an Electrifly 2" Aluminum spinner. It works great and fits Xoar props. Only $10 at my LHS. I think I had to get a different screw to go into the prop adapter, though. It didn't really seen any heavier either. (Didn't change battery placement)

http://www.electrifly.com/miscproducts/gpmq4700.html
Dan Wait Jr. is offline Find More Posts by Dan Wait Jr.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:07 AM
United States, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Feb 2007
652 Posts
I am ready to buy a new 3dhobby ship and want to buy an AJslick.The indecision is whether or not to order the 51 or 59 size.I currently fly the 55edge and SHP and have flown other 3d hobby planes just never a slick.

am I better off starting out with a 51 or should I just plunge ahead and get the new 59..

I stayed away from the slicks but given everyones testimonials I have to believe its an easy 3d plane given my experience with bens planes/
propnut07 is offline Find More Posts by propnut07
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:19 AM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
you can't go wrong either way. the 51 is a little more of a "parkflyer" for most, if that's something in your equation.

if you already have a slew of 4s 3500-4000mah packs that you are using, go 59 if you don't have packs for a 51.
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:37 AM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propnut07 View Post
am I better off starting out with a 51 or should I just plunge ahead and get the new 59..

I stayed away from the slicks but given everyones testimonials I have to believe its an easy 3d plane given my experience with bens planes/
I keep hearing that the 51" motor and servos don't really transfer to any other plane, while the 59" is closer to a few other models.

I would have gone for the 59" myself... but I didn't have the patience to wait for it to become available. That being said, I love my 51 and hope I will have many more happy flights with it.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate