HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2008, 04:13 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
849 Posts
Discussion
NES Laser 2m or Soaring USA Ruby 2m!

I might decide to upgrade in 2 metter. I have always liked the lines of the Laser and I know it has very good performance. I also really like the Ruby and it's price, no painting/covering ect. I'm sure it's performance is quite similar to the Laser, but the Laser is a bit more expensive. I would greatly appreciate any input from Laser or Ruby owners.
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2008, 04:32 PM
agony sweetns the victory
Any Flying Field Across America
Joined Jul 2005
3,515 Posts
I have a Laser and absolutely love it! It will zoom like hell and land the same. I think it's got a good speed range and it will turn on a dime. It will also take some pretty stout abuse, I lawn darted mine ounce with very little damage. That's the good news.

The bad news, good luck trying to find one. NES lost their wing maker half a year ago or more back, so it has been out of production ever since. They keep saying they are going to get another wing maker, but I don't know when that will truly be. You can try posting want ads and cross your fingers. I decided to build me a second one. NES did sell me a Laser fuse. You can also ask Dan Borer at TD Wings if he will make you a Laser wing. Good luck!
atjurhs is online now Find More Posts by atjurhs
Old Apr 29, 2008, 07:20 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atjurhs
I have a Laser and absolutely love it! It will zoom like hell and land the same. I think it's got a good speed range and it will turn on a dime. It will also take some pretty stout abuse, I lawn darted mine ounce with very little damage. That's the good news.

The bad news, good luck trying to find one. NES lost their wing maker half a year ago or more back, so it has been out of production ever since. They keep saying they are going to get another wing maker, but I don't know when that will truly be. You can try posting want ads and cross your fingers. I decided to build me a second one. NES did sell me a Laser fuse. You can also ask Dan Borer at TD Wings if he will make you a Laser wing. Good luck!
atjurhs, thanks so much for your input....I had heard in the local grapevine that it may be hard to get some items from NES.
Libelle201B is offline Find More Posts by Libelle201B